• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How I spent my summer vacation?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, either my member search was faulty, or our resident lawyer has been reinstated. Either way, it's good news.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you Eloco!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard some bears in Jellystone were going to file a class action suit over the quality of picnic baskets in use.

Now, I understand.

Welcome back, elo. Sorry your vacation is OVER.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going on vacation earrrrrrly this year. As in leaving Friday. Which is risky when you travel north for vacation. Weather isn't looking great, but I'm okay with 70s as long as it's sunny. Booked a charter fishing trip for Sunday and the captain called to tell me the fish were biting big time this weekend. Coming for ya mitten!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see.........

As mentioned in the NFL thread. I got a summer co-op postion working for Pacifica housing (provides houses for the less fortunate). Started Yesterday, getting mind-numbing but i get why it is for now(damn criminal background check backlog). Just have a passion and niche for helping others.

Planning on going to sunfest (country music festival) in Late July and going to visit family in July in Montana and Calgary

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going on vacation earrrrrrly this year. As in leaving Friday. Which is risky when you travel north for vacation. Weather isn't looking great, but I'm okay with 70s as long as it's sunny. Booked a charter fishing trip for Sunday and the captain called to tell me the fish were biting big time this weekend. Coming for ya mitten!
North to Ontario? Send me a pike :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North to Ontario? Send me a pike :)

Lake Michigan, but far north. In fact I think where we are is further north than all of Lake Ontario at least. Spoke to the captain last night, told me lotsa lake trout now. Last time we went out was later than this, July, and we got a bunch of salmon. Going early morning too, so with cold waters and early morning, I'm expecting good fishing. The small lake we stay on gets pike, but seems like they don't come around until fall/winter. My aunt and uncle train field trial dogs, one was Muskie for the fish they catch. Never been up there in the fall, but it's a goal of mine.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you been to the Stampede? Going back to southern Alberta to see family and friends for a week in July.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake Michigan, but far north. In fact I think where we are is further north than all of Lake Ontario at least. Spoke to the captain last night, told me lotsa lake trout now. Last time we went out was later than this, July, and we got a bunch of salmon. Going early morning too, so with cold waters and early morning, I'm expecting good fishing. The small lake we stay on gets pike, but seems like they don't come around until fall/winter. My aunt and uncle train field trial dogs, one was Muskie for the fish they catch. Never been up there in the fall, but it's a goal of mine.
I'm clueless when it comes to fish seasons other than salmon in Aug/Sept. My brother knows all so I just do what he tells me.

Just be careful eating the great lake fish ;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm clueless when it comes to fish seasons other than salmon in Aug/Sept. My brother knows all so I just do what he tells me.

Just be careful eating the great lake fish ;)

Hey now, it's not Erie! The salmon we caught last time was fannnntastic. But trout is a stronger flavor, generally.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No kidding? You talking the dunes up in the Traverse city area?

I only ask because that's where I will be in July. Not going to be doing any fishing, but will be staying on land and riding my bike a lot.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got started a bit early this year too. Just returned from a week in sunny SoCal. Then it was back to the NC heat.

/And work. :gaah:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out over the weekend that I will be on Vacation from the 16th of July - the 24th of July. Going to Montana and Alberta(spending time with extended family)

Saving money and rewards point for the Vacation in a year and a half. Got a good friend who is living in Australia and is getting married. Pit stops in Hawaii on the way there and LA on the way back.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding? You talking the dunes up in the Traverse city area?

I only ask because that's where I will be in July. Not going to be doing any fishing, but will be staying on land and riding my bike a lot.

Sleeping Bear Dunes, we stay on Little Glen Lake. It's about 30 minutes from Traverse. If this is where you're going, let me just tell you it's my favorite place on the planet. There's something for everyone up here too. Lakes, beaches, camping, the new bike trails are very nice. There are a few issues with the hiking trails now because of storms last year. They had a ton of trees down, power out for a week kinda deal. But they cleaned up very well. It's odd being up here now because it's sort of a ghost town in comparison to how it usually is in the summer.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sleeping Bear Dunes, we stay on Little Glen Lake. It's about 30 minutes from Traverse. If this is where you're going, let me just tell you it's my favorite place on the planet. There's something for everyone up here too. Lakes, beaches, camping, the new bike trails are very nice. There are a few issues with the hiking trails now because of storms last year. They had a ton of trees down, power out for a week kinda deal. But they cleaned up very well. It's odd being up here now because it's sort of a ghost town in comparison to how it usually is in the summer.

I was going to say "glen lake?????

That's where I will be in Montana..."

But then saw the little. :tsk:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, that's exactly it. Sleeping Bear Dunes. I am very jazzed about two things in particular - the bike trails and a real live actual "Lazy River"

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's exactly it. Sleeping Bear Dunes. I am very jazzed about two things in particular - the bike trails and a real live actual "Lazy River"

Here's to hoping that you get some warmer weather, haha. Lazy River is a lot of fun...get some sunblock, roasted last time we did it. If you have a shot to get on the lake, I recommend it. It's my favorite because of the sandy bottom, makes it crystal clear. If you're a fan of night skies, you'll love it. Barely any light pollution. We usually go up to the cannery at night, they have a good little board walk that you can watch from, and pray for northern lights. I'm a bit bummed because the clouds have ruined fantastic forecast for aurora. High likelihood and no moon. Make sure you get to Cherry Republic in town, it's cherry everything and there are free samples...so lunch. They're working on extending the bike trails way north along M-22 right now, not sure when they'll be done though. They had some damage last summer with crazy tornadic kinda weather, but I know they cleared bike trails. We usually hit up Glen Arbor for some shopping and Leland too. There's a cool lighthouse about 45 minutes north, North Port. It's also home to one of the biggest/oldest trees in the world, I believe. Beaches: there's Empire beach about 10-15 minutes away to the south, gets some great waves, has a nice set up with bathrooms and playgrounds, etc., there's the Cannery area (which is just down the street from the life-saving station, another cool thing to do. I love learning about the coast guard/ship wrecks) which has an okay beach area but is close, and there's a few nice beaches up toward Leland as well. Empire is probably my favorite, great on windy/wavy days. Dune climb is great and exhausting. There's a few sunset spots too. Stocking Drive is probably the best. You drive up and have a few views of Glen Lake on the way, then park at the top and walk to the top of a bluff. Gorgeous sunset over the lake, although don't go tooooo early, because it's a late sunset in the summer. If I think of any more tips I'll let you know, been going here for so many years that they all run together.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the kids for their first trip to Disneyland in the last full week of August. Saturday was my sons family birthday party and my bro texted me at the last second that his mother in law was in town from LA and he wanted to see if she could tag along with him and his wife to the party.

i thought ... are you fuckin shittin me?$%$? ... Im gonna have not just my mother in law at this party but you wanna bring your mother in law ??? ... isnt there some sort of rule against this type of thing ... like a maximum number of mother in laws allowed

anyways ... She offered up her place in Newport Beach for us to stay for the week when we go to Disneyland and she'll be out of town ... she's a lovely woman :thumb:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're taking the kids for their first trip to Disneyland in the last full week of August. Saturday was my sons family birthday party and my bro texted me at the last second that his mother in law was in town from LA and he wanted to see if she could tag along with him and his wife to the party.

i thought ... are you fuckin shittin me?$%$? ... Im gonna have not just my mother in law at this party but you wanna bring your mother in law ??? ... isnt there some sort of rule against this type of thing ... like a maximum number of mother in laws allowed

anyways ... She offered up her place in Newport Beach for us to stay for the week when we go to Disneyland and she'll be out of town ... she's a lovely woman :thumb:

Your family sounds like mine.

I got conned into taking the boys (25 and 24) and gf to Maui in July.