• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How Canadians Know You're American

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if that is better, at least you can sell the underage kids into slavery...

You'd know all about that, wouldn't you Baltimore? That's right, I saw Season 2 of the Wire. I know what's up!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know all about that, wouldn't you Baltimore? That's right, I saw Season 2 of the Wire. I know what's up!

I do not know what you are talking about and I do not think you should google anything about teenage blonde tourists disappearing from Baltimore. There nothing to see here. Move along.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not know what you are talking about and I do not think you should google anything about teenage blonde tourists disappearing from Baltimore. There nothing to see here. Move along.

Lol.

The Wire - Season 2

The second season, along with its ongoing examination of the drug problem and its effect on the urban poor, examines the plight of the blue-collar urban working class as exemplified by stevedores in the city port...

Life for the blue-collar men of the port is increasingly hard and work is scarce. As union leader, Sobotka has taken it on himself to reinvigorate the port by convincing politicians to support much-needed initiatives. Lacking the funds needed for this kind of influence, Sobotka has become involved with a smuggling ring... It becomes clear to the Sobotka detail that the dead girls are related to their investigation, as they were in a container that was supposed to be smuggled through the port.

Have you not seen The Wire, Comeds? Good show, and if you know Baltimore/Maryland, it's all the more fun. References to local bars and Royal Farms and shit.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

Have you not seen The Wire, Comeds? Good show, and if you know Baltimore/Maryland, it's all the more fun. References to local bars and Royal Farms and shit.

love it, phenomenal show IMO. I am working my way through Homicide now which is good, but not the level of The Wire. Homicide used to come on on Friday nights when I was an age where I didnt want to be home on Friday nights so I only saw a couple.

At times Bodie's quote "Why would anybody wanna leave Baltimore? That's what I'm askin'" has been my signature.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homicide used to come on on Friday nights when I was an age where I didnt want to be home on Friday nights so I only saw a couple.

At times Bodie's quote "Why would anybody wanna leave Baltimore? That's what I'm askin'" has been my signature.

Funny how that changes as you get older.

Bodie was a great character. He knew his legalese too...

Last edited by a moderator:

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it is funny that they say America should be called "the States". Don't people in Canada know that Mexico has states as well or that South America is America as well.
The Monroe doctrine says that any attack on any country in America (north or south) would be considered an attack on the US. Yes we own it all. We wrote a letter and claimed everything. Ok not really. We wrote a letter and said that is anyone from Europe tried to stop countries from becoming independent we would fight on the side of the country in America. But we have used it to say that this side of the ocean is ours, go away.