• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Hextal promoted to GM.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a shock. That's the reason he left LA and went back to Philly. He knew he was next in line to get the Flyers GM job. He learned how to build a winner under Lombardi and now wants to repeat that in Philadelphia. Won't shock me if in the next 3 or 4 years the Flyers are in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, he did a great job here and he was also the GM of Manchester if I recall. He knows (learned) how to spot talent and how to develop it, the Flyers should be in good shape in the next few years.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him, he did a great job here and he was also the GM of Manchester if I recall. He knows (learned) how to spot talent and how to develop it, the Flyers should be in good shape in the next few years.

He said he wants to build the team from within, a la Lombardi. He's handicapped by a couple ridiculous contracts that Holmgren negotiated (Lecavalier, 4 more yrs, $4.5 million hit, NMC and Andrew MacDonald, 5 years, $6 million hit), so it may take awhile.

Ed Snider (the meddling owner) says Hexy has autonomy over personnel decisions, but I'll believe that when I see it. If they're 10th in the east come deadline next year, I'm betting it'll be panic mode and he'll be forced into a counter-productive trade to chase a playoff spot.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said he wants to build the team from within, a la Lombardi. He's handicapped by a couple ridiculous contracts that Holmgren negotiated (Lecavalier, 4 more yrs, $4.5 million hit, NMC and Andrew MacDonald, 5 years, $6 million hit), so it may take awhile.

Read that, he said championship teams are built down the middle - goaltender, defense and centers. That's exactly how the Kings are built and it's a proven method. The journey there is agonizing, especially if you are in rebuild mode, but they have some of the pieces in place already.

I'm curious to see how Hextall does, his first shot is coming up at the draft. I want to see what he learned, what he took in from Dumbo and what is Hextall.

Ed Snider (the meddling owner) says Hexy has autonomy over personnel decisions, but I'll believe that when I see it. If they're 10th in the east come deadline next year, I'm betting it'll be panic mode and he'll be forced into a counter-productive trade to chase a playoff spot.

I could totally see that happening, I am curious myself if Snider will stay hands off legitimately or if Hextall has simply become another puppet but one that Flyers fans love, masking the true person calling the shots.