• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, and of course this is a spoiler, the entire move they are looking for Luke who is missing for some reason. When Han and Chewbacca get to a safe location right at the end Chewbacca shaves and we discover its been Luke in disguise the whole time.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, and of course this is a spoiler, the entire move they are looking for Luke who is missing for some reason. When Han and Chewbacca get to a safe location right at the end Chewbacca shaves and we discover its been Luke in disguise the whole time.

Isn't he a little short for a wookie?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of spoilers, my brother in law is unable to see the movie until Friday night, and as such has vowed to never again speak to anyone who spoils the movie on facebook or through text, etc.

I have been waiting for this opportunity for 25 years.

Please send all spoilers to:
Help 43 not have to talk to that dickhead anymore ever again for all eternity
PO Box 4343
Columbus Ohio 43043.

Or you can just send me PMS
Yoda kills Dumbledore

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the early release of the film. SPOILER ALERT - R2D2 was a robot this whole time.

Anyone going to see it today?

I'm checking it out Saturday at DC's one screen theater the Uptowne. It has a screen that wraps around slightly, a balcony, and will likely have a few storm troopers in line. ;)

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing it in 5 minutes from. Now

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:behindsofa::behindsofa:I'll spoiler alert the hell out it tomorrow

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...it was pretty good IMHO. Just one small criticism I'll save until others see it.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw it. Thought it was really good. As expected, it had a completely different feel to it than both the originals and the prequels. But in terms of quality I'd say it was a lot closer to the originals than the prequels.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it twice now, and I feel pretty comfortable saying I really like it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it twice now, and I feel pretty comfortable saying I really like it.

I'd say it's a solid 4-star movie. I got to see it at a big, single screen movie house where some people were dressed up in Chewbacca, jedi, and storm trooper outfits, so the experience was fun. Relatedly, the bar across the street from the theater had made a sign covering their usual one that said "Mos Eisley Cantina."

Without giving away plot points...

PROS
-Action kept rolling throughout the movie and the pace was excellent
-The humor was reminiscent of Episode 4, added some funny moments to the film without resorting to fart jokes.
-It had some of the fun of the originals and some of the depth/darkness of Empire at times. I laughed a lot and also welled up a few times. Good balance.
-It occupied the nostalgia of the early movies while building its own story and characters very well, which is a really difficult task.
-Was the first 3D movie I've ever seen where I wasn't annoyed by the 3D, it was subtle and added texture without having any "this thing is coming at you because we got to shoot this in 3D!!!" moments

CONS
-Character development a little forced/weird at times. Several times I thought the new main characters were upset about being split up or happy to see each other and thought 'haven't you known each other for less than an hour now?' Still better than the terrible Padme/Aniken forced love stuff though.
-Honestly, when is the empire/first order gonna stop building giant laser canons?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it's a solid 4-star movie. I got to see it at a big, single screen movie house where some people were dressed up in Chewbacca, jedi, and storm trooper outfits, so the experience was fun. Relatedly, the bar across the street from the theater had made a sign covering their usual one that said "Mos Eisley Cantina."

Without giving away plot points...

PROS
-Action kept rolling throughout the movie and the pace was excellent
-The humor was reminiscent of Episode 4, added some funny moments to the film without resorting to fart jokes.
-It had some of the fun of the originals and some of the depth/darkness of Empire at times. I laughed a lot and also welled up a few times. Good balance.
-It occupied the nostalgia of the early movies while building its own story and characters very well, which is a really difficult task.
-Was the first 3D movie I've ever seen where I wasn't annoyed by the 3D, it was subtle and added texture without having any "this thing is coming at you because we got to shoot this in 3D!!!" moments

CONS
-Character development a little forced/weird at times. Several times I thought the new main characters were upset about being split up or happy to see each other and thought 'haven't you known each other for less than an hour now?' Still better than the terrible Padme/Aniken forced love stuff though.
-Honestly, when is the empire/first order gonna stop building giant laser canons?

When they stop being able to blow up entire planets with them. Pretty tactically useful if you can defend it.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it. Loved it. Posted huge post in the spoiler thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who love both Star Wars and Bad Lip Reading, the following is submitted: