• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This looks freaking amazing

I've watched it like five times now. Looks great.

Someone on AICN remarked that it looked like a full-on fanfilm/EU adaptation. That could be interpreted in a bad way, but I think here it was meant at as a compliment - they meant that this is a Star Wars film focused on just a small part of the galactic struggle, whereas all the main films focused on the ongoing dark/light side of the force struggle as a whole.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top: Rogue One
Bottom: London's Canary Wharf Tube Station.

lvdCd4C.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched it like five times now. Looks great.

Someone on AICN remarked that it looked like a full-on fanfilm/EU adaptation. That could be interpreted in a bad way, but I think here it was meant at as a compliment - they meant that this is a Star Wars film focused on just a small part of the galactic struggle, whereas all the main films focused on the ongoing dark/light side of the force struggle as a whole.

original storm troopers, technology, rebel soldiers from that era. it all just works. a young mon mothma oh man that was awesome.
databank_monmothma_01_169_b62808e8.jpe
mon_mothma_rogue_one_-_h_-_2016.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
original storm troopers, technology, rebel soldiers from that era. it all just works. a young mon mothma oh man that was awesome.
View attachment 105496
View attachment 105497

Apparently that actress was cast and actually shot scenes for Revenge of the Sith as an even younger Mon Mothma. The scenes were eventually deleted. Now over a decade later she's finally in a Star Wars movie for real!

And yeah this looks awesome! I enjoyed The Force Awakens but I think this will be better.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently that actress was cast and actually shot scenes for Revenge of the Sith as an even younger Mon Mothma. The scenes were eventually deleted. Now over a decade later she's finally in a Star Wars movie for real!

And yeah this looks awesome! I enjoyed The Force Awakens but I think this will be better.

I think this will benefit from being a "smaller" movie. I'm thinking that the plot won't revolve around "saving the galaxy" like the two other trilogies, and TFA. I mean, they will play a role in saving the galaxy, but it sounds like the goal is to tell a self-contained story without any plans for a sequel. With that kind of freedom you can have fun without trying to be "epic".

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will benefit from being a "smaller" movie. I'm thinking that the plot won't revolve around "saving the galaxy" like the two other trilogies, and TFA. I mean, they will play a role in saving the galaxy, but it sounds like the goal is to tell a self-contained story without any plans for a sequel. With that kind of freedom you can have fun without trying to be "epic".

Exactly! And while it's still obviously sci-fi, it seems like it will be more reality based than fantasy as the Force and Jedis won't have as much of a role.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrie Fisher, 60 Child of Hollywood and ‘Star Wars’ Royalty, Dies

RIP.Also played Tom Thanks wife in one of my favorite, underrated movies, The Burbs.

A lot of us wonder what people "wear" in Heaven. RIP Fisher. We already know your outfit, maybe the most famous movie costume of all time...

carrie-fisher-beach3.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS, saw Rogue One. Thought it was amaze-balls. Here's my new list...

(1) Empire Strikes Back
(2) Rogue One
(3) Return of the Jedi
(4) New Hope
(5) Revenge of the Sith
(6) Force Awakens
(who cares) Attack of the Clones
(fuck you) Phantom Menace

Discuss...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(1) Empire Strikes Back
(2) Rogue One
(3) Return of the Jedi
(4) New Hope
(5) Revenge of the Sith
(6) Force Awakens

Discuss...

I haven't seen Rogue One yet, so I'll reserve judgement (although the majority of reviews have been positive), but I would put New Hope and Revenge of the Sith ahead of Return of the Jedi. Not a fan of the ewoks.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(1) Empire Strikes Back
(2) Rogue One
(3) Return of the Jedi
(4) New Hope
(5) Revenge of the Sith
(6) Force Awakens

Discuss...

Wow! Pretty much identical to mine!

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen Rogue One yet, so I'll reserve judgement (although the majority of reviews have been positive), but I would put New Hope and Revenge of the Sith ahead of Return of the Jedi. Not a fan of the ewoks.

I know a lot of people don't like ROTJ because of the Ewoks and that is understandable. I don't mind them so much. Love the Emperor scenes and if we're talking the original version, I love the opening act with Jabba's Palace. If we're talking "Special Editions", ROTJ might have to drop a bit in my rankings. They completely butchered a lot of stuff in that opening act, not to mention adding Vader saying "NOOOOO!" at the end. :L

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway not really sure what else to say about Carrie Fisher that hasn't already been said about her and the iconic Princess Leia. Ironic that it happend so close to "Life Day". If you don't know what Life Day is, do yourself and favor and DON'T look it up.

RIP Princess. May the Force be with you!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people don't like ROTJ because of the Ewoks and that is understandable. I don't mind them so much. Love the Emperor scenes and if we're talking the original version, I love the opening act with Jabba's Palace. If we're talking "Special Editions", ROTJ might have to drop a bit in my rankings. They completely butchered a lot of stuff in that opening act, not to mention adding Vader saying "NOOOOO!" at the end. :L
Ewoks only exist because of ad libbed lines in the first two movies.
Wokiees were suppose to be the creates in that movie, but because of thinks said about them in prior movies, they needed a new species. Oh and like all star wars movies they needed to sell toys.