• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RuOzF.jpg

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for the shameless plug, but it sure would be great if everyone went out and saw RISE OF THE GUARDIANS with all their friends and families.

Rise-of-the-Guardians.jpg

I only worked on the film briefly before moving onto the project I've been on the for past 2 years, but the film is really beautiful and I hope everyone likes it as much as we do here.

Be Well, all.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

here is some more

Wranglers say 'Hobbit' animals died on unsafe farm - Yahoo! Movies

I will have to look further into why they died rather than go with random articles and here-say. but it wont stop me from seeing it. if mistreatment of the animals is a direct result of movie intentionally my position will change. if it resulted from an accident then I need all teh facts than just saying yep Im done with it.

Im learning everyday the internet is so quick to lay down the law and the judgement. I need more

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only worked on the film briefly before moving onto the project I've been on the for past 2 years, but the film is really beautiful and I hope everyone likes it as much as we do here.

Ok, so I'm the only one here that:

1) Thinks it's pretty cool that you work on movies in some way that you didn't quite specify?

2) Curious to know what "project" you are currently working on?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for the shameless plug, but it sure would be great if everyone went out and saw RISE OF THE GUARDIANS with all their friends and families.

Rise-of-the-Guardians.jpg

Be Well, all.

1) Thinks it's pretty cool that you work on movies in some way that you didn't quite specify?

I actually didnt see that post. I have already committed myself to seeing this it looks very good and like all good animated movies it will probably end up on my shelf as well :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My expectations are low. They pushed the release date back, had a lot of reshoots, and from what I've heard are not sticking with the book.

(re World War Z)

I don't think the format of the book would work on film. Waaay to disjointed, it would be so tough to sting together a series of 5min vignettes to tell a cohesive story. Too many characters that would each need their own backstory, dropped in the middle of some stories that are largely unrelated to the stories around it.

It works in print because our minds will fill the gaps. when you are watching a movie or TV, i don't think we can (or are willing to) do that as well.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(re World War Z)

I don't think the format of the book would work on film. Waaay to disjointed, it would be so tough to sting together a series of 5min vignettes to tell a cohesive story. Too many characters that would each need their own backstory, dropped in the middle of some stories that are largely unrelated to the stories around it.

It works in print because our minds will fill the gaps. when you are watching a movie or TV, i don't think we can (or are willing to) do that as well.

Perhaps translation to a television series would be easier?

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry it took me a minute to respond, just saw this. To answer the best I can:

1) I'm currently a Story Supervisor at Dreamworks Animation. Don't interpret that to mean that I am in charge of the stories. While I have my opportunities for input, I essentially manage a team of Storyboard artists and production staff. My team is the first step in the process of getting the script into a visual medium (storyboards), which we edit together as the film before each sequence goes into the first stages of rough animation.

2) For the last 2 years and change, I've been on TURBO. I can't really say much beyond it being about a snail that wants to go fast. I know we have some open wheel racing fans here and, I would think, they'll enjoy it in particular, but anyone who likes RUDY or ROCKY could really get into it...at least I hope. There are a lot of bogus images floating around the web, but below is the officially released image, so don't be fooled by the cartoony crap you find if you google.

dreamworks-turbo-post-2.jpg

On behalf of the entire industry (for which I have very little right to speak), just keep watching (and paying ;)) for 'em and we'll keep making 'em.

Cheers.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually didnt see that post. I have already committed myself to seeing this it looks very good and like all good animated movies it will probably end up on my shelf as well :D

Thanks. We could use it...ugh.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning on HDNM last night. If you're an action fan there are two fight scenes in here that are well worth the 90 minutes of useless story and seizure inducing flashing lights. Anyone who's seen UNDISPUTED 2 & 3 already knows what a beast Scotty Adkins is. Well, he kicks it up a notch in this one, pun intended.

PS - If you are an action fan and haven't seen THE RAID: REDEMPTION, drop what your doing (your job, your child, whatever) and go get the DVD immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) For the last 2 years and change, I've been on TURBO. I can't really say much beyond it being about a snail that wants to go fast. I know we have some open wheel racing fans here and, I would think, they'll enjoy it in particular, but anyone who likes RUDY or ROCKY could really get into it...at least I hope. There are a lot of bogus images floating around the web, but below is the officially released image, so don't be fooled by the cartoony crap you find if you google.

Cheers.

Yeah; they're talking about that one on the IndyCar website forums. He wants to win the Indy 500, right? Don't suppose that you can tip us off as to whether or not you've got any actual current drivers/Indycar 'legends' doing voices? How about an anticipated release date?