• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: CFL 2017 thread

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck............

I was screaming at "My friend Ricky" all game when Toronto had the ball. For if your wondering @tabascojet , West End zone 5th row up.

I thought Parker was down when Vaughn had a touchdown.

I blame 80 though. He catches the ball on that first play and we be celebrating @dash

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, when you throw it out wide, if something bad happens, there's nobody out there to try to stop. At least if you go up the middle, there's plenty of guys there to recover a fumble or tackle someone, The thing is they didn't need a TD, sure it would have been nice, but a FG makes it a two score game. Messam was running well today as well, just think this team is cursed sometimes.

I think that mattola was talking about the throw at the end, not the earlier completion that was fumbled to tie it. But that doesn't make your comments on that fumble play irrelevant or incorrect anyway, so I'll shut up now :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hear all the time on football broadcasts about QBs putting the ball where their guy is the only one who has any chance to get it. I'd have to see the replay, but in real time it seemed like it was exactly that kind of scenario. If you're going to throw that ball it has to be high and away, where either your WR gets a hand on it or the kid munching popcorn in the first couple of rows gets the catch. You cannot miss that throw to the inside.

But I would also say that the fact that you cannot miss that throw to the inside is probably enough reason to not even attempt it.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck............

I was screaming at "My friend Ricky" all game when Toronto had the ball. For if your wondering @tabascojet , West End zone 5th row up.

I thought Parker was down when Vaughn had a touchdown.

I blame 80 though. He catches the ball on that first play and we be celebrating @dash
looked too cold for me.....more power to you :thumb:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hear all the time on football broadcasts about QBs putting the ball where their guy is the only one who has any chance to get it. I'd have to see the replay, but in real time it seemed like it was exactly that kind of scenario. If you're going to throw that ball it has to be high and away, where either your WR gets a hand on it or the kid munching popcorn in the first couple of rows gets the catch. You cannot miss that throw to the inside.

But I would also say that the fact that you cannot miss that throw to the inside is probably enough reason to not even attempt it.
looked like either of the 2 guys covering had a better chance at that ball than the wr......

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that mattola was talking about the throw at the end, not the earlier completion that was fumbled to tie it. But that doesn't make your comments on that fumble play irrelevant or incorrect anyway, so I'll shut up now :wink:

I didn't mind going for the win at the end, but you can't under throw that ball. Geez, that's two years in a row I'm gutted in the final seconds of a Grey Cup game.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind going for the win at the end, but you can't under throw that ball. Geez, that's two years in a row I'm gutted in the final seconds of a Grey Cup game.

Yep, exactly what I said above. Put it up and away and have your WR make a play if he can.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Micheal catches that first fucking pass than we would have been talking about something else

If he catches that first pass it affects everything that happens afterwards. Can't know how it would have turned out.

I mean shit, he was thrown two consecutive long passes and he should have caught one and not the other, which is what he ended up doing. Don't get pissed at him just for catching the "wrong" one :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing all the post game talk about shoes makes me sad that apparently these football players/coaches/employees don't know as much pointless football history as I do. "The Sneakers Game" was before both of my parents were born, but I still knew about that shit!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, when you throw it out wide, if something bad happens, there's nobody out there to try to stop. At least if you go up the middle, there's plenty of guys there to recover a fumble or tackle someone, The thing is they didn't need a TD, sure it would have been nice, but a FG makes it a two score game. Messam was running well today as well, just think this team is cursed sometimes.

Whom do I cheer for?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mad for Dash because I have to go downtown every day this week and now one of those days there will be road closures for a parade where MLSE will probably have to pay people to show up.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mad for Dash because I have to go downtown every day this week and now one of those days there will be road closures for a parade where MLSE will probably have to pay people to show up.
I hear there will only be a rally at city hall, not a parade.