• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh by all means ... companies can do whatever they want and sell to whoever they want ... however ... if they want to survive .... :noidea:

you may have missed my point

when i said completely hammered ... I mean financially hammered ... If youre a retailer today and youre limiting your reach ... youre gonna end up like A&F ... 7 straight quarters with decreased revenue ... and now they be all like ... "hey fat kid ... come over here" lol

I got your point, it's pretty much what I was saying. Say what you want, market your products how you want, but be prepared for the consequences when you offend/alienate a large portion of the population.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got your point, it's pretty much what I was saying. Say what you want, market your products how you want, but be prepared for the consequences when you offend/alienate a large portion of the population.

Or your core market decides that the store across the mall is cooler and stop coming.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thoughts on Lululemon and Ambercrombie in this thread and how they should market. I'm not going to stop persuing my lawsuit against Skinnygirl Cocktails yet though.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have asked me what moment I lost my innocence, when I came to realize that the world is a cold hard place. I know some people who cannot really answer the question but I can, oh yes I can.

It was a nice Saturday afternoon in late August 1985. I excitedly ran to my TV to watch WWF’s Superstars Of Wrestling and was looking forward to a lot of action in the squared circle. I was happy to see that the US Express, Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham, were going to defend their tag team titles against The Dream Team, Greg Valentine and Brutus (pre barber) Beefcake. I was excited as I as the team entered the ring to the tune of “Born In The USA”, this was before the WWE made their own “music” for wrestlers. Remember Junkyard Dog entering to “Another One Bites The Dust” then switching to “Grab Them Cakes”(seriously WTF?).

It was a good match with both sides doing well. Then Barry Windham used his signature finisher, a bulldog, and went to pin Greg Valentine. But The Hammer kicked out! He was still groggy so Windham prepared to give him another bulldog. And then. And then my childhood ended.

As Windham was about to bulldog The Hammer again, Brutus interfered with manager Johnny Valliant’s lit cigar and rubbed it on Windam’s eye. Windham screamed in pain and dropped to the mat where Valentine pinned him. I could understand losing the match because of being bested but I was so disgusted that someone would do a thing like that in order to win a sporting event. A sporting event! To this day I have trouble thinking of it.

So that’s when I would say my innocence ended. That moment, or the time a great uncle fondled me at a family reunion and told me that if I told anyone he would kill my mom. Its close but I will stick with my original answer.

I have been told that perhaps this isn't the best forum for my ”stories”. Understood, I will post them in more appropriate places. To the Subaru Owners Forums I go!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have been told that perhaps this isn't the best forum for my ”stories”. Understood, I will post them in more appropriate places. To the Subaru Owners Forums I go!

my car is in the shop, and the courtesy car is a Subaru Forrester.
It feels like driving a pair of cargo pants. pockets everywhere!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Office procedures and politics, I tell you - its confusing. Some might remember that I got written up and sent to sensitivity training after I was overheard humming the theme to Hogans Heroes.

Yesterday I got my second write up. For just trying to help! I was in the rest room washing my hands and a coworker, Bill, came in and entered a stall. I went back to my desk and someone started calling for Bill across the room. Trying to help I yelled back "Bills is not here right now, he's pooping". And I get in trouble for that. Somehow that's not proper office behavior.

I cant win. One more write up and I am done here.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Office procedures and politics, I tell you - its confusing. Some might remember that I got written up and sent to sensitivity training after I was overheard humming the theme to Hogans Heroes.

Yesterday I got my second write up. For just trying to help! I was in the rest room washing my hands and a coworker, Bill, came in and entered a stall. I went back to my desk and someone started calling for Bill across the room. Trying to help I yelled back "Bills is not here right now, he's pooping". And I get in trouble for that. Somehow that's not proper office behavior.

I cant win. One more write up and I am done here.

For God's sake, don't burn popcorn in the breakroom microwave.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eww ... probably not a good look if you have gum disease ... scratch that ... not a good look in general

BZHyDxXIYAAfoLF.jpg:large

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two and a half write ups. A girl across the room yawned melodically and seemingly very enjoyably and I said "I'll have what shes having".

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my car is in the shop, and the courtesy car is a Subaru Forrester.
It feels like driving a pair of cargo pants. pockets everywhere!

How does it ride? I am not a car guy and got an Impreza a few months ago. I was coming from a 12 year old boxy CRV but I have been very happy with the way the Subaru handles. Mine might lack for pockets though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How does it ride? I am not a car guy and got an Impreza a few months ago. I was coming from a 12 year old boxy CRV but I have been very happy with the way the Subaru handles. Mine might lack for pockets though.

I was coming from a larger vehicle, so it seems a bit like a driving a tall compact car.
pep on acceleration, but no real power. haven't tried the 4wd stuff at all

gps is good, but a lot of extra annoying features, beeps if I veer out of my lane (even if on purpose), beeps if the car ahead slows down, beeps if the car ahead goes and i don;t (like when I am staying back to stay on the turn lane sensor). Big central screen that shows fuel economy at any given moment.
feels like the car is nagging me.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was coming from a larger vehicle, so it seems a bit like a driving a tall compact car.
pep on acceleration, but no real power. haven't tried the 4wd stuff at all

gps is good, but a lot of extra annoying features, beeps if I veer out of my lane (even if on purpose), beeps if the car ahead slows down, beeps if the car ahead goes and i don;t (like when I am staying back to stay on the turn lane sensor). Big central screen that shows fuel economy at any given moment.
feels like the car is nagging me.

You should drive the Impreza, its really low to the ground. Lower than I'd like to be honest. If I had a few more bucks to play with when I bought it I might have looked at their CrossTrek which is basically a taller more rugged Impreza.

I don't have the GPS but have a gauge that tells me my fluctuating average MPG and speed and stuff. I had to turn it to gauge something that does not change a lot because it was annoying me. It should be 4wd all the time if its newer at least. My Honda was 4wd but only kicked in if a wheel slipped. The Subarus are supposed to always be all wheel drive.

Because it is new and the CRV was old and very basic, I have been really happy. Then again if someone isn't happy after 5 months with a new car then it probably really sucks. I'll see how I feel in a year. I have a big S curve on my way to work, night and day difference in the way the two cars handle it. Plus I have toys and gadgets to play with. There is a compass in my rear view mirror. Pretty useless ("not sure where we are honey, but lets just head north") but it amuses me.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VANCOUVER — Doorknobs are being phased out in Vancouver.

The new building bylaw, to come into effect in March 2014, bans doorknobs in new homes, favouring the more accessible door handle instead.

The ban not only applies to municipal buildings such as Vancouver City Hall, where most of the treasured art deco style doorknobs will be removed, but extends to all new homes built within city limits.

The bylaw is not retroactive, so if residents won’t have to get rid of doorknobs they already have in their homes.

Vancouver Coun. Geoff Meggs said residents who want doorknobs in their new homes cannot install them.

"No, I don’t think so. They would be asked to put in an accessible doorknob,” Meggs said. “If they were really adamant I suppose they could go back later and retrofit them.

"I mean, the rules are there for a good reason. They’ve been looked at by contractors. They’ve been looked at by people with disabilities.”

The bylaw also requires all faucets have lever handles and regulates the width of hallways inside of all new homes built.

All new homes and condos will also be required to have plug-ins for electric cars, whether the homeowners have an electric car or not. It’s part of Vancouver’s Greenest City 2020 initiative — a push to be the most environmentally friendly city in the world by 2020.

A previous Vancouver building bylaw already banned full-bowl toilets and traditional wood-burning fireplaces in new homes and condos.

Vancouver is the only municipality in B.C. that has the authority to create its own bylaws to regulate the design and construction of buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.