• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? This is a crime at home depot???

Whatever happened to "you can do it, we can help"

Couple convicted of having sex in a Home Depot display shed | Mail Online

restrooms-we-can-help.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, who poured beer on the servers last night?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ukrainians?

God damn Ukranians.

Actually, I bet it was the "Maddog like typing detected" killswitch I installed. That ESPN thread was moving that way.

Did you know that the Blue Jackets have never won a playoff game? I must re-think my allegiance at once.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opps.... Officer I swear I didn't mean to run this guy over with my car... My foot slipped on the gas and then repeatedly on the reverse and forward again.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Four police officers eating at Fatburger on Denman Ave have been injured after a car crashed through the front windows.

BYM79euCcAAphRR.jpg:large

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to prevent pilling of material between the thighs ... you need a thigh gap :eyebrows:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Pat Quinn and yoga pants is probably not a good idea then?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have asked me what moment I lost my innocence, when I came to realize that the world is a cold hard place. I know some people who cannot really answer the question but I can, oh yes I can.

It was a nice Saturday afternoon in late August 1985. I excitedly ran to my TV to watch WWF’s Superstars Of Wrestling and was looking forward to a lot of action in the squared circle. I was happy to see that the US Express, Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham, were going to defend their tag team titles against The Dream Team, Greg Valentine and Brutus (pre barber) Beefcake. I was excited as I as the team entered the ring to the tune of “Born In The USA”, this was before the WWE made their own “music” for wrestlers. Remember Junkyard Dog entering to “Another One Bites The Dust” then switching to “Grab Them Cakes”(seriously WTF?).

It was a good match with both sides doing well. Then Barry Windham used his signature finisher, a bulldog, and went to pin Greg Valentine. But The Hammer kicked out! He was still groggy so Windham prepared to give him another bulldog. And then. And then my childhood ended.

As Windham was about to bulldog The Hammer again, Brutus interfered with manager Johnny Valliant’s lit cigar and rubbed it on Windam’s eye. Windham screamed in pain and dropped to the mat where Valentine pinned him. I could understand losing the match because of being bested but I was so disgusted that someone would do a thing like that in order to win a sporting event. A sporting event! To this day I have trouble thinking of it.

So that’s when I would say my innocence ended. That moment, or the time a great uncle fondled me at a family reunion and told me that if I told anyone he would kill my mom. Its close but I will stick with my original answer.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The companies reaction was wrong. But a company only appealing to a certain crowd is completely fine. IMO of course.

Agreed, as long as they are willing to deal with the blowback of their marketing and they're not breaking any laws (e.g., refusing to sell to a certain ethnic demographic vs. marketing to a different demographic).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The companies reaction was wrong. But a company only appealing to a certain crowd is completely fine. IMO of course.

Agreed, as long as they are willing to deal with the blowback of their marketing and they're not breaking any laws (e.g., refusing to sell to a certain ethnic demographic vs. marketing to a different demographic).

oh by all means ... companies can do whatever they want and sell to whoever they want ... however ... if they want to survive .... :noidea:

you may have missed my point

when i said completely hammered ... I mean financially hammered ... If youre a retailer today and youre limiting your reach ... youre gonna end up like A&F ... 7 straight quarters with decreased revenue ... and now they be all like ... "hey fat kid ... come over here" lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as far as what Hollister is doing ... they are test marketing glass storefronts in various locations across the US ... you know ... so you can actually see what product they are selling from outside the stores

Status
Not open for further replies.