• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might be able to get away with using 2 4x8 sheets of melamine side by side to make a 8x8 square... might be "slippy" enough to slide across :noidea:

I know someone who did similar with panels for shower surrounds, he sprayed them with silicone for extra friction reduction, but his kid isn't going to be dragging hundreds of dollars worth of pads across it. He's a center. His shot is pretty wicked.

And for the record, my kid will be using old pads for this. But still.

I hope all the best for 43's sons goalie career but I pray to god i dont hear Lucky Pierre making sexually suggestive comments about 43jr's thigh girth in the future ... it would maim us but kill 43 :pout:

I have already instructed my son to never, ever talk to any bald man with glasses, especially if said bald man wants to know about the coaches' he's played for.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET THAT GUY SOME MIDOL AND A GINGER ALE BEFORE HIS CALF GIVES BIRTH TO A CALF!!!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
My idea was to build a 6 to 8 foot wide(ish) surface with 4x4 wood at each end, so he can practice hard post push/slides. Plant his foot against the wood and launch sideways. When he reaches the other end, he can get upright again. Now that he's playing high school, wraparounds go top shelf and he has to be faster getting over and back up.

LEG STRENGTH BOY
Need the leg strength to Quick the net off at will

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need the leg strength to Quick the net off at will

That's a really good point. Looks like I am building marsh pegs into the basement floor.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention other goalies here, particularly you Canadian types.

My son wears Brian's Sub Zero pillows and one of the boot straps is looking pretty ratty. The local hockey only store says they can't order directly from Brian's, and Brian's will not answer my emails. I bought some A&R or whatever the cheapy brand straps are and they are WAAAY too long. So I bought some CCM, and the holes line up, but the strap itself is too wide to fit through the buckle well. And I can't replace the buckle without a sweing machine.

Do you know of anywhere that sells just Brian's pad accessories? I have tried Perani's (local store and online), Goalie Monkey and Hockey Giant with no luck.

If no, is anyone willing to go beat up a high school aged kid with Brian's pad straps and snag me one? White preferably.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention other goalies here, particularly you Canadian types.

My son wears Brian's Sub Zero pillows and one of the boot straps is looking pretty ratty. The local hockey only store says they can't order directly from Brian's, and Brian's will not answer my emails. I bought some A&R or whatever the cheapy brand straps are and they are WAAAY too long. So I bought some CCM, and the holes line up, but the strap itself is too wide to fit through the buckle well. And I can't replace the buckle without a sweing machine.

Do you know of anywhere that sells just Brian's pad accessories? I have tried Perani's (local store and online), Goalie Monkey and Hockey Giant with no luck.

If no, is anyone willing to go beat up a high school aged kid with Brian's pad straps and snag me one? White preferably.

not sure if this is what youre looking for (velcro?) since Im not buying gear for goalies as my son has drifted away from the position (THANK GOD!!!)

Brians SmartStrap Heel Strap

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if this is what youre looking for (velcro?) since Im not buying gear for goalies as my son has drifted away from the position (THANK GOD!!!)

Brians SmartStrap Heel Strap

I don't think that's it, that's for the toe bridge. Looking into that, I found something.
briansSmartToe_9964.jpg

I need the one to the left, and I didn't realize they made that one in smart strap system.

Status
Not open for further replies.