• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: 2018 Winter Olympics

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again, the German goalie made himself as short as possible, but Ilya didn't elevate the puck enough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that stick actually catch Datsyuk in the face? Looked like the blade at least missed him.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad enough that a doping country wins a gold medal, let alone a woman beater like Voynov is part of the winning team.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad enough that a doping country wins a gold medal, let alone a woman beater like Voynov is part of the winning team.

Sucks but at least we reached another country to make them a power house

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched my first hour of Olympic coverage last night and it was the third period and OT of this game.

Fun game. Thought the Deutsches were within range but as time dragged on the Russians defended their area well and pushed them back across the red line before finally getting to Berlin.

K I might've been watching the History Channel.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is really boring. I get it, because the Germans have to play this extremely cautious game to have a chance, but still.

I loved the German style. Puck support was amazing, and they annoyed, frustrated and pissed off Russia for all but one minute of the game. Not to use German stereotypes, but very disciplined hockey.

Feel for Seidenberg. He went away from the discipline and the team paid. 2 Minute PP wilth 2:11 to go for gold, you don't try to score. You refuse to let go of the puck. Worst dump in in hockey history.

Someone needs to tell Germany's goalie he's not supposed to make himself as small and low to the ice as possible. And Russia's needs to learn how to do anything with the puck at all.

I don't have a problem with either goal. The first, he had everything lo completely sealed off and only have about 4 inches above his shoulder open. But the angle was very shallow. That one went in because it bounced off his helmet. From where the goalie was a direct shot had zero chance of going in. He played it right and got burned.

On the second, he was compressed because the most likely outcome was Gusev would have slapped the puck back toward the slot. He was loading to go off the post. But again he had everything low closed off. That puck went in because it deflected off his defenseman's stick. There was no way Gusev would have been able to elevate that puck on his own.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
so it turns out this was Nancy Green Raine's son driving.
Canadian athlete Dave Duncan arrested, released in South Korea | News | CBC Olympics | PyeongChang 2018

I guess smarts don't run deep in that family.
Momma Green Raine was at an art opening a few years ago, and one of the pieces was a very delicate pair of glass swings.
very delicate, very clearly made of glass.
Now, Senator Greene Raine is ... how to put this.... NOT very delicate, and tried to sit down on one of the swings.
One of the people that works in the building basically had to bodycheck her to stop her from planting her fat ass down and breaking it (while screaming "NOOO!"). Good old Nancy was a bit surprised, realized she must have made an error, and immediately tried to sit down on the other swing. :L

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I no longer have to hear Mike Milbury utter the phrase "near miss."

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if posted "mattola'ed" but if not in typical Simpson's prediction glory.
NOTE: Also over the Swedish.