• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osweiler the starter

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The M&M Twins!!!!!
Make that M&M&M Triplets

Arthur Marshall threw an 81 yard TD in that game

As crazy as it was, I gotta give it to Dan Reeves for trying something ... The Cowboys were an excellent team that year

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB sat Rodgers for 4 years under Brett. AR kinda stunk his first year starting. Most QBs need about 18 games under their belt before they show who they really are. Hope you guys don't judge too much from one start on the road with this new meat QB. It may be the worst possible time to start this kid as the only ones to know him are now on the other sideline. If Den can't establish a run game to support this kid then he is doomed in his first start and first year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB sat Rodgers for 4 years under Brett. AR kinda stunk his first year starting. Most QBs need about 18 games under their belt before they show who they really are. Hope you guys don't judge too much from one start on the road with this new meat QB. It may be the worst possible time to start this kid as the only ones to know him are now on the other sideline. If Den can't establish a run game to support this kid then he is doomed in his first start and first year.

Not sure I would say Rodgers stunk his first year starting. He still had 28 touchdowns to only 13 interceptions and a QB Rating of 93.8. So for that season that still ranked him 6th in the NFL. So while he wasn't a top tier QB he was still in that 2nd tier.

As for Osweiler you are right we need to give him his time. One game should never define the career of a player. Osweiler is walking into a very bad situation where he is replacing a HOF QB, going against the coaches that helped draft him and coach him for 3 years, and is on the road with the team struggling the last 2 weeks. Not exactly the best and easiest situation to walk into. When you throw in that how he does over the next few weeks could really define what happens the rest of his career yeah this is a huge moment.

I think for most of us we understand all that. Honestly I would be giddy (yes I used that word) if he had a stat line like 60% completion with 250 yards and 2 touchdowns to 1 interception. That isn't all-world type stats but for the situation I think that would be a very good game and I think it would be good enough to win because of our defense. Really at this point you have to remember that Bronco fans have endured the worst QB play of any team this year with Manning at the helm. Anything better than worst QB in the league is a nice step up at this point.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oz is in a very unusual, and extremely critical position ... He is playing for his first big contract in the NFL, yet this will be his first NFL start - all this from guy who only started 15 games at Arizona State ..

Not to mention the fact that he is taking over for Peyton Manning, on a team that has a Super Bowl caliber defense ...... All this on the road, vs his former head coach and offensive coordinator .

there is a lot of weight on his shoulders, and he deserves some slack and patience

I think he will be fine to the point Manning probably never sees the field again .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you never watched OZ last week or the preseason .. He will be just fine .. Your team will be dealing with motion and a QB that can pick up first downs with his feet .. also roll outs are going be damn hard to defend ..

This opens the play book I bet we go after a FB soon.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what's really cool is the fact that Osweiler was the singer in Quiet Riot in the 1980s !

85851987-photo-of-carlos-cavazo-and-kevin-dubrow-and-gettyimages.jpg

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oz does not turn the ball over we will win the in a huge way . I think he will be a little sharper than most of you 420 yards no Int's

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on reps in practice - I'd say Osweiler to Cody Latimer will connect well. Lining us Latimer - DT, Vernon Davis and Green - ought to be enough muscle to get free in the red zone - you would think.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on reps in practice - I'd say Osweiler to Cody Latimer will connect well. Lining us Latimer - DT, Vernon Davis and Green - ought to be enough muscle to get free in the red zone - you would think.

I was thinking the same thing about Latimer, given the last several camps and preseasons. However, Foxy and Gase know that too, so they might be looking for it. I can't wait to see Vernon Davis start to contribute as well. The Bears are going to be ready to stop the run and dare Osweiler to beat them. I could see Kubes lighting up the first quarter with pass after pass. They expect us to try to establish the run. The Broncos should light 'em up with downfield passes early and often. Go Broncos!

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing I noticed about Osweiler that will have to come with experience is him taking hits when he took off and ran with the football.

I mean we are so use to Manning just falling on the ground with a pass rush, but Osweiler is gonna have to learn to get down.
The bolded is one of the few things I will not miss from Manning. I swear to God it was just like Orton was back under center this year and I kinda feel the same way I felt then, put the kid in and see what we have and whether or not we need to move on next year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bolded is one of the few things I will not miss from Manning. I swear to God it was just like Orton was back under center this year and I kinda feel the same way I felt then, put the kid in and see what we have and whether or not we need to move on next year.
Amen!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree plus not enough grit when things on the line. He chokes more often then not when things break down

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree plus not enough grit when things on the line. He chokes more often then not when things break down
Nothing personal but would you mind if I boinked your avatar?

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing personal but would you mind if I boinked your avatar?

l don't blame you? image hanging out with her on a regular basis like I do . I thought she'd make a great avatar. I guess I should ask her if she's ok with me posting it lol.

She is the sweetest too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone already shared this, but saw a report today that Elway tried to trade Osweiler last year and was willing to take a 6th round pick for him... Nobody took the offer up.

Could be a rumor but if so not a great endorsement for his future here.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone already shared this, but saw a report today that Elway tried to trade Osweiler last year and was willing to take a 6th round pick for him... Nobody took the offer up.

Could be a rumor but if so not a great endorsement for his future here.

Could be true they haven't extended him yet so don't assume anything.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiler is tall, to say the least ... His height really came into perspective when he was standing on the sideline with Demaryius - - DT looked a good head shorter

Fouts kept talking about the trajectory of Oz's passes - some coming on a downward angle ..

I bring this up because what is impressive is that he doesn't play off balance, as you might expect a guy 6'8" to do ... He isn't awkward moving around - he looks natural ..

( not to mention his wife was very easy on the eyes up there in the stands ;)

BrockO_MVP1.jpg