• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OSU's chances of getting in the game

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, great FSU for getting clemson out of our way. a 7 pt. win would've been sufficient. Running up the score is something I"m not sure OSU's coaches have it in their head yet that running up the score is required in this day and age. There have been a few squandered opportunities to do that this year (yes aside from the F A&M game).

Anyway, since OSU was disrespected and skipped over like an FCS team:bullshit:. Anyone seeing any of these scenarios happening? Otherwise OSU will probably be playing FSU or Oregon in the Rose Bowl. and yes, assuming OSU wins out of course.

Bama losing to LSU or Auburn.........

FSU losing to Miami or Florida.........

Oregon losing to Stanford or UCLA ...........

and yes, I believe OSU will be moved up and over any of the above with 1 loss.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, since OSU was disrespected and skipped over like an FCS team:bullshit:. Anyone seeing any of these scenarios happening? Otherwise OSU will probably be playing FSU or Oregon in the Rose Bowl. and yes, assuming OSU wins out of course.

Im an old timer who misses the tradition of going to the Rose Bowl being the top prize in CFB

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, great FSU for getting clemson out of our way. a 7 pt. win would've been sufficient. Running up the score is something I"m not sure OSU's coaches have it in their head yet that running up the score is required in this day and age. There have been a few squandered opportunities to do that this year (yes aside from the F A&M game).

Bama losing to LSU or Auburn.........

FSU losing to Miami or Florida.........

Oregon losing to Stanford or UCLA ...........

:laugh3: :laugh3:

What are you talking about?? Was 42-7 over SDSU not running it up? How about 76-0 over Florida A&M??

You haven't 'run it up' in any of your other games because you weren't good enough to. You haven't exactly been overpowering the teams on your schedule, and it has nothing to do with not wanting to run up the score.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: :laugh3:

What are you talking about?? Was 42-7 over SDSU not running it up? How about 76-0 over Florida A&M??

You haven't 'run it up' in any of your other games because you weren't good enough to. You haven't exactly been overpowering the teams on your schedule, and it has nothing to do with not wanting to run up the score.

try some reading comprehension. I already acknowledged the 76-0 win moron........ and I didn't say every game they should've, I just said they missed a couple of opportunities late in the 4th that urban stepped into his Tressel halloween costume.......and played the good guy.....

:rollseyes:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZERO the voters will figure out a way for Grambling to play in the NCG ahead of an undefeated Ohio State

yea, the anti OSU haters are rabid lately..........

but anyway, since no one has actually answered the question posed........

Bama losing to LSU (50% chance) or Auburn (10% chance).........

FSU losing to Miami (50/50) or Florida (25% chance).........

Oregon losing to Stanford (60% chance) or UCLA (40% chance) ...........

:scratch:

DWood30

Go Pack Go!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best chance is if Oregon and Alabama both lose. I don't see FSU losing since they have a favorable schedule.

buckeyebill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by CaptO
Im an old timer who misses the tradition of going to the Rose Bowl being the top prize in CFB
Right with you Capt. :suds:

I believe the Rose Bowl is the most likely out come if OSU runs the table. which I believe will depend on our defense.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seeing any of these scenarios happening? Otherwise OSU will probably be playing FSU or Oregon in the Rose Bowl. and yes, assuming OSU wins out of course.

Bama losing to LSU or Auburn......... bama still has to play lsu, aubarn, and SC or Missouri. I think there is a decent chance they lose 1 of these 3 games.
FSU losing to Miami or Florida......... Miami is looking a little weak, and Flahduh doesn't look like they are capable of doing it. So maybe the "rivalry" aspect will lift up one of these two and let them pull it off. or maybe miami or VA Tech. can get them in the CCG..... any scenario doesn't look promising. :gaah:

Oregon losing to Stanford or UCLA (FAILED) ........... Stanford is the only hope now. or maybe ASU in the CCG. Not looking good here. STanford is the strong hope here.

Update

Sucks to not be in control of your own destiny...... :L

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buckeyes are in control of their destiny by continuing to beat whoever they are playing.

beg to differ.

1 - we could win out, and still end up in different bowl games because of what happens to others higher ranked in the polls.

2 - we could drop in the polls simply because a bunch of anal retentive sportswriters who get to vote decides to drop OSU in the polls because - "they didn't win by enough points" BS....... Ala the Buffalo game..... :bullshit: Honestly, I'm uneasy about the rest of the season, not because I don't think Urban and the Buckeyes won't win out, but because if they win by anything less than +/- 21 points, they might fall in the polls, getting fucked again......... :gaah:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately the rest of the conference is not helping your cause. Barring MSU and Wisky. The national media is really down on the B1G this year and if they have their way OSU wont be in the Natty.

Best chance to make it is to win out and hope for Bama or FSU to take a loss.Maybe Va Tech will upset FSU in the championship game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need Bama or FSU to lose. Very unlikely, but I have seen stranger things happen.