• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oregon st at Colorado st

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bigger believer in Bobo than you are, they struggled early last year but by midseason they figured things out and were very good. Most of the reasons for their offensive surge return this year. Certainly It's no guarantee but I like their odds.

Losing Stevens for a few games didn't help either.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, RA is just biased against CSU coaching after the Corn stole Miles away from the Rams only to watch him tank it in Lincoln (apparently some people in Bugville thought their MBB team was good?)

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, RA is just biased against CSU coaching after the Corn stole Miles away from the Rams only to watch him tank it in Lincoln (apparently some people in Bugville thought their MBB team was good?)

Didn't even remember that Mile's had coached there. He did get a win against Iowa this year, so not real sure where you're going with that?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Stevens for a few games didn't help either.

The weird thing is he sucked to start the season and was a house on fire after he came back. That's an explosive offense. We'll see if they can defend anybody. Idaho threw up 61 on them in the bowl game in some dangerous conditions on the blue turf.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see 'very good'. Not as good as under McElwain's last season.
They went (2-2) in their last 4 games. They gave up 61 points to Idaho in the Tater Bowl. A month to prepare and gave up 61 pts.
They went (4-3) in the last 7 games. What I'd consider mid-season and beyond.
Bobo has nothing for a head coaching pedigree. This is his first rodeo.
There are a mountain of coordinators (O and D) who couldn't find success as a head coach.
To me the jury is still out on whether Bobo will ever be better than a mediocre mid-major coach.
Gotta go with Anderson heading into his 3rd year, HIS recruited underclassmen, and whatever Riley left in the cupboard as Jr's/Sr's.
Avi bet for a week? I'll take the Beavs.

I don't weigh bowl results too heavily, you never know who's more excited to be there. Especially when Idaho's players were determined to show their AD he fucked up by having them move down

Maybe I'm biting on the upside by beating San Diego State 63-31 on the road is very impressive, nobody else got even close to putting up that much on the San Diego State defense

I'm not that confident because Oregon State will be better though.... ahhh fuck it, I'm in for the avi bet

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing is he sucked to start the season and was a house on fire after he came back. That's an explosive offense. We'll see if they can defend anybody. Idaho threw up 61 on them in the bowl game in some dangerous conditions on the blue turf.

They were a weird team last year, they mostly controlled the game against us for all but one quarter.

Then again all I really need to say is they ended the year beating San Diego State on the road 63-31 and then lost 61-50 to Idaho

that is a dramatic difference in performance

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The field conditions were a huge reason the scores got that big in the Tater Bowl. There were at least two TD's and a few other big plays that occurred somewhat early on because of defenders just slipping and falling down. Once Idaho got up 41-7 it felt like both defenses just stopped trying because it wasn't worth it for those players to risk slipping and blowing out their knees trying to make a play in a game that was already over.

And like others have said, Colorado State didn't want to be there while Idaho was pumped to make the post season for the first time in 7 years. Hard to use that game to judge CSU.

There's just too much returning talent for them to not have an outstanding offense this year. I think the Beavs can keep up for awhile but I expect CSU to run away with it in the fourth. Something like 42-30. That said I am pulling for OSU in this one.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to take CSU over anyone after their performance in the tater bowl last year. They lost to Idaho for fuck sake.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was I thinking that CSU and Colorado were always each other's first game of the year?

Anyways, I think the Beavers win.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why was I thinking that CSU and Colorado were always each other's first game of the year?

Anyways, I think the Beavers win.

Because they usually do. They play each other the following week when most teams will be starting the season. It's usually a good one although CU kicked their ass last year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't weigh bowl results too heavily, you never know who's more excited to be there. Especially when Idaho's players were determined to show their AD he fucked up by having them move down

Maybe I'm biting on the upside by beating San Diego State 63-31 on the road is very impressive, nobody else got even close to putting up that much on the San Diego State defense

I'm not that confident because Oregon State will be better though.... ahhh fuck it, I'm in for the avi bet

Sounds good. 1 week.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSU opening their new on campus stadium.
hero-default.jpg%20
Yea, the new stadium is located in the parking lot across from the Engineering dorms were my son parked while in school there. I hate to see what the parking situation is now, but there is a lot of excitement for the school and the city of Ft Collins over this stadium. I kind of liked Hughes stadium the way it sat right at the base of the foothills under Horsetooth Res, but it was pretty old.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado State was 98th in run D last year and they lost their top linebacker/tackler.

Oregon State is going to run the shit out of the ball.

It's gonna come down to how CSUs offense performs. Should be a close one either way. I'll take the Beavers by 3 though.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad this thread is still up here

Almost forgot I need to find a new avatar for RA