• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon folks dont know how to act when it snows

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
annual cadets vs. civilians snowball fight at VT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNQ5IU1onY]VT Snowball Fight 2013! - YouTube[/ame]

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some people act like you should be locked up for being in a snowball fight?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some people act like you should be locked up for being in a snowball fight?

they were not in a snowball fight, they were attacking people's private property (who were not involved with said "snowball fight") with hard packed balls of ice...that said, I don't think they should be locked up, but I also don't think they should be sent a message that this type of behavior is okay....if the cars had been whizzing by chucking snowballs out their windows at them, then yeah, they're fair game, but these were just folks trying to get to work

NativeWebfoot

Live to race-Race to live
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow in Oregon is rare

Snow in Oregon in December SUper rare.

Your star Hawaiin QB snowtubing next to the new football facility is once in a lifetime.

Oregon Ducks Football Players Ride Inner Tubes in the Snow | Bleacher Report
It's goes in cycles. Growing up in Salem, there were some winters with no snow, but lots of "black ice" on the roads from the rain wet roads freezing at night. Other winters we had plenty of snow to shut down roads and schools. I lived on a hill and we'd play crack the whip with our sleds, laying face down, hooking feet into the front of the sled behind, making a 12-15 person, connected train (whip). We made igloos one year with an opening in the top big enough to stand and throw snowballs from.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping they'd all get pepper sprayed. Then they could have stuck their faces in the snow to cool off. Poetic justice.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was hardly a snowball fight. That was ambushing vehicles with snowballs in hopes of getting a driver out of the vehicle to then hit them with snow. Dick moves.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helfrich better start getting his team under control. This was disgusting to watch. It was clearly mob mentality and this shit wouldn't have happened under Chip Kelly. NONE of these statements by players earlier this year would have happened, and this sure as hell wouldn't have happened.

I can guarantee you that Chip didn't "babysit" these guys. But chip placed expectations and the players knew not to test him.

You have to give Helfrich a season or 2 to set up his own standards for the team. One of the issues that can happen when promoting from within is that Helfrich may have been viewed as a "cool coach" and Kelly a "disciplinarian". So the players are going to test that a little.

Also, there may be areas where Helfrich thought Kelly was too strict and has tried to "lighten up" only to learn that Kelly had reason to be strict.

If this crap is still happening at this time next year, then you may have to look at whether or not Helfrich has what it takes to control his team.

Any news of Huff's punishment? Mamba said that was him dumping snow on the professor. Interesting that the only one who appears to have been punished so far is the tight end.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Waht coach in Oregon, where there is very little snow, even thinks about this kind of thing. He knows now that it does happen, so he will not tolerate it to happen. These are "kids" doing kids type of fun. I say give the suspenions to the ones that deserve and let the rest go.

Kids will be kids

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Helfrich a season or 2 to set up his own standards for the team. One of the issues that can happen when promoting from within is that Helfrich may have been viewed as a "cool coach" and Kelly a "disciplinarian". So the players are going to test that a little.

Also, there may be areas where Helfrich thought Kelly was too strict and has tried to "lighten up" only to learn that Kelly had reason to be strict.

If this crap is still happening at this time next year, then you may have to look at whether or not Helfrich has what it takes to control his team.

Any news of Huff's punishment? Mamba said that was him dumping snow on the professor. Interesting that the only one who appears to have been punished so far is the tight end.

apparently the letterman jacket perpetrator was Pharoah Brown. Huff was wearing the same one in the intertubing video and there was confusion.

Huff was not involved like previously thought.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the letterman jacket perpetrator was Pharoah Brown. Huff was wearing the same one in the intertubing video and there was confusion.

Huff was not involved like previously thought.

Okay, that makes sense. Thought Oregon was going all "Urban Meyer" for a minute there!!:lol: