• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OREGON DUCKS vs Cal Golden Bears 10:30PM Est ESPN

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with my chores...how did this game end up last night? I fell asleep....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. I'm out because its clear everyone here just busts a fuckin nut everytime Oregon loses
@clarkson23devils clean up in aisle 5. I know I'm not cleaning this up :gaah:
Looks like I missed a great game. Oregon didn't quitAnd Herbert looked like he put up some pretty impressive numbers for a freshman. Did Oregon change their system up. Or is Herbert getting more comfortable with the offense?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I missed a great game. Oregon didn't quitAnd Herbert looked like he put up some pretty impressive numbers for a freshman. Did Oregon change their system up. Or is Herbert getting more comfortable with the offense?

Herbert is a good young talent. I think he's going to be quite the player for us. Tough way to end the game for him though.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is also only his 2nd game. We had been starting Prukrop for the first 5 games.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got done with my chores...how did this game end up last night? I fell asleep....

Friday night football is even scrubbier than Thursday. I didn't even know this game was being played.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday night football is even scrubbier than Thursday. I didn't even know this game was being played.

I prefer Friday to Thursday personally. Don't have to work the next day.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is a good young talent. I think he's going to be quite the player for us. Tough way to end the game for him though.
258 yards and 6 TDS is pretty impressive for his second game imo. Did the ducks change anything up. Or is Herbert just improving with playing time?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
258 yards and 6 TDS is pretty impressive for his second game imo. Did the ducks change anything up. Or is Herbert just improving with playing time?

Honestly, the only major change was giving Tony Brooks-James more carries. I know Royce Freeman is a great talent but Brooks-James is quicker and is the more suitable back given the youth on the line.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the only major change was giving Tony Brooks-James more carries. I know Royce Freeman is a great talent but Brooks-James is quicker and is the more suitable back given the youth on the line.
Thats a great adjustment by Oregon imo. It balances out the offense. They seemed to go from not having Freeman. To running him too much. The change of pace looks to be making an impact. Good game for your ducks. Even though they lost. It looks like they are improving. Herbert should be a great QB

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a great adjustment by Oregon imo. It balances out the offense. They seemed to go from not having Freeman. To running him too much. The change of pace looks to be making an impact. Good game for your ducks. Even though they lost. It looks like they are improving. Herbert should be a great QB

The 2nd half showed some promise but this is going to be a long year. There's a lot of youth and a lack of talent on defense (particularly at LB).

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd half showed some promise but this is going to be a long year. There's a lot of youth and a lack of talent on defense (particularly at LB).
I've never been a fan of Hoke. But based on the games I've watched this season. I haven't been impressed with what he has done with the ducks defense. The ducks offense has been inconsistent all season. But looks to be possibly turning the corner. But the defense has been terrible

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of Hoke. But based on the games I've watched this season. I haven't been impressed with what he has done with the ducks defense. The ducks offense has been inconsistent all season. But looks to be possibly turning the corner. But the defense has been terrible
Hoke is not a DC. He hasn't been an actual DC in thirty years ... like since he coached high school football. Why Helfrich hired him as a DC is beyond all reason.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your impression is correct. However, this is Hoke's first year and he is transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3. You combine that with the stunning lack of talent at LB, I don't think all the blame should go to Hoke.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your impression is correct. However, this is Hoke's first year and he is transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3. You combine that with the stunning lack of talent at LB, I don't think all the blame should go to Hoke.
Hoke isn't a DC. He hasn't been an actual DC in thirty years ... since he was coaching high school football.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke isn't a DC. He hasn't been an actual DC in thirty years when he was coaching high school football.

That's true and it was an unusual hire. But it's not like Pellum was doing a stellar job. My guess is the problems on defense are larger than just the DC.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke is not a DC. He hasn't been an actual DC in thirty years ... like since he coached high school football. Why Helfrich hired him as a DC is beyond all reason.
I didn't understand the hire either. The successful Oregon teams weren't exactly known for their defenses. But I don't remember seeing an Oregon defense this bad in a long time.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true and it was an unusual hire. But it's not like Pellum was doing a stellar job. My guess is the problems on defense are larger than just the DC.
Pellum sucked so what does Helfrich do? He goes out and hires a guy as DC ... a guy who's not an actual DC. That had to be one of the dumbest hires of the season ... 'dumb' doesn't even do it justice.