• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Clemson

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has the big 10 really sunk so low that they'd rather just not reach the big game than get there because they are scared of getting blown out?

at least in florida state's case you can lose by 21 and say that you played them about as close as anyone in the country has thus far. it was just sad watching them get clubbed by teams that lost games to Kentucky, a 3 loss Auburn team (I think), and played several other close games in the SEC... but then just run over the buckeyes. It also didn't help to see Michigan... who people tried to argue might still be #2 get handled by USC.

At least in tOSUs they are always there, win or lose they are still top of the mountain. No $180k man need to make me feel good about my team.

Yup; Ohio State talks the talk, but when it comes to playing a better school in a bowl game, they just can't put the "big boy" pants on and have a go. Beating Clemson does nothing to enhance their stature as did playing a bunch of cup cakes all year and folding when they got a little heat from Michigan State. Pretty weak, IMO.

Ohio State wears the big boy pants every time it shedules top team to H/H like they did with USC, TX and Miami and many more in the future. They do not from anyone, win or lose. When a team that starts with "Fl" can say that come back.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup; Ohio State talks the talk, but when it comes to playing a better school in a bowl game, they just can't put the "big boy" pants on and have a go. Beating Clemson does nothing to enhance their stature as did playing a bunch of cup cakes all year and folding when they got a little heat from Michigan State. Pretty weak, IMO.

No team has won more BCS games than Ohio State. Your argument is invalid.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team has won more BCS games than Ohio State. Your argument is invalid.

OSU wins a lot of BCS games because of the Rose Bowl which does not include the rest of the country so your statement is complete bull shit. My earlier point is Ohio State complained all year they get no respect and then accept a post season bowl game with an opponent that lost by 40 to FSU. If Ohio State wants respect, it needs to be earned on the field.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least in tOSUs they are always there, win or lose they are still top of the mountain. No $180k man need to make me feel good about my team.

Ohio State wears the big boy pants every time it shedules top team to H/H like they did with USC, TX and Miami and many more in the future. They do not from anyone, win or lose. When a team that starts with "Fl" can say that come back.

Just so you know Florida State does and can. Just pointing out that Florida State beings with FL.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU wins a lot of BCS games because of the Rose Bowl which does not include the rest of the country so your statement is complete bull shit. My earlier point is Ohio State complained all year they get no respect and then accept a post season bowl game with an opponent that lost by 40 to FSU. If Ohio State wants respect, it needs to be earned on the field.

Ohio State went to the Rose Bowl 1x in the BCS era so you need to STFU.

Fiesta 3x
Rose 1x
Sugar 2x
Orange 1x
NCG 3x

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just the Rose Bowl huh? Don't pay much attention I see.

OSU has won the Rose Bowl in the BCS era vs. the Pac 12 champ (2009 Oregon), this is true. We've also beaten one of the greatest teams in the last 30 years in 2002 Miami (Big East), 2 Big 12 champs (1998 Texas A&M and 2003 Kansas State, who was top 5 going into the bowl games), we worked over a really good 2005 ND team that arguably the best of Pete Carroll's USC teams was fortunate to beat, and then beat the second best team in the SEC in 2011.

Complete bullshit huh? I'm not saying we have the best resume of the BCS era, but name 5 teams with better ones.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU 41 Clemson 34

I'd doubt either defense holds either offense to that low of a figure. Unless you meant halftime score, then possibly yes.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State went to the Rose Bowl 1x in the BCS era so you need to STFU.

Fiesta 3x
Rose 1x
Sugar 2x
Orange 1x
NCG 3x

annnnnd; how did Ohio State fare; especially against Florida and the rest of the SEC?????
That's why the cup cake schedule...trying to get some respect beating up lower ranked opponents. Sorry; we heard all year was how Ohio State got no respect and deserved to be in the NC game and then, and THEN; lose to Michigan State. Losing to Michigan State was no big deal as they are the better team; however continuing to beg for respect and playing lower ranked opponents makes no sense. Clemson lost to South Carolina by 2 touchdown and FSU by a boatload. I suspect if you win, everyone from Ohio will be looking for a top 5 placement. Ohio State does not have a win over a top 10 team in two years. How does that equate to NR 2 ranking?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
annnnnd; how did Ohio State fare; especially against Florida and the rest of the SEC?????
That's why the cup cake schedule...trying to get some respect beating up lower ranked opponents. Sorry; we heard all year was how Ohio State got no respect and deserved to be in the NC game and then, and THEN; lose to Michigan State. Losing to Michigan State was no big deal as they are the better team; however continuing to beg for respect and playing lower ranked opponents makes no sense. Clemson lost to South Carolina by 2 touchdown and FSU by a boatload. I suspect if you win, everyone from Ohio will be looking for a top 5 placement. Ohio State does not have a win over a top 10 team in two years. How does that equate to NR 2 ranking?

Top 10 teams don't just fall out of the sky... How many wins against the top 10 does UF have in the past 2 years? Honestly asking...

And it's not like we chose who we play in the Orange Bowl... and if the Bucks win, I couldn't care less whether or not people "respect" it...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How did we fare? 6-3 dude. Pretty goddamned impressive. We're 1-2 vs. the SEC, and that's on us. The Florida game was an embarrassment, the LSU game was 1 very inexperienced team vs. 1 extremely experienced team, and it showed.

If we win, we'll see what happens with the final rankings. I'd have to hope a 13-1 team with 2 ranked wins would be top 5, but if there are 5 other, more deserving teams, so be it.

Why all of the hate all of the sudden? No OSU fans are on here thumping our chests, so what the fuck is your problem?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we fare? 6-3 dude. Pretty goddamned impressive. We're 1-2 vs. the SEC, and that's on us. The Florida game was an embarrassment, the LSU game was 1 very inexperienced team vs. 1 extremely experienced team, and it showed.

If we win, we'll see what happens with the final rankings. I'd have to hope a 13-1 team with 2 ranked wins would be top 5, but if there are 5 other, more deserving teams, so be it.

Why all of the hate all of the sudden? No OSU fans are on here thumping our chests, so what the fuck is your problem?

will-muschamp-florida-gators-2011(1).jpg

:noidea:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6-3 with 1 to play dumbass.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No bowl game angst and 1/2 his team transferring out I'd guess.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 - 3.

And Ohio State didn't play the likes of Louisville and Cincinnati for their BCS Bowls..............unlike Florida.

I think you're done here.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 teams don't just fall out of the sky... How many wins against the top 10 does UF have in the past 2 years? Honestly asking...

And it's not like we chose who we play in the Orange Bowl... and if the Bucks win, I couldn't care less whether or not people "respect" it...

3 last year and zero this year. FSU, LSU, and Scar last year. Not typical for me to stick up for a UF fan, but typically Runeman is pretty cool. So I will make an exception this time.

:wtf2: am I doing in this convo? Anyways I am waiting to see this Orang Bowl. Strength against weakness in both cases. Will be interesting.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 last year and zero this year. FSU, LSU, and Scar last year. Not typical for me to stick up for a UF fan, but typically Runeman is pretty cool. So I will make an exception this time.

:wtf2: am I doing in this convo? Anyways I am waiting to see this Orang Bowl. Strength against weakness in both cases. Will be interesting.

Florida also got their shit pushed in by the same Louisville team that got beaten by UConn. So they had some decent wins and a really pathetic loss. So what does it say?

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was an honest question. Not trolling.