• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Orange Bowl: Ohio State vs. Clemson

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hate both urban Meyer and Dabo Sweeny guess there isn't a way for both coaches to get knocked out of the game.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland.com:

Ohio State has a huge fan base that didn't go to a bowl last year, and the Orange Bowl went through the entire Earle Bruce (HOF coach, Big Ten Champs 79, 81, 84, 86), John Cooper (HOF coach, Big Ten Champs 93, 96, 98) and Jim Tressel (Big Ten Champs 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010) eras without snagging the Buckeyes. But now, the Orange Bowl has grabbed Urban Meyer's Buckeyes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hate both urban Meyer and Dabo Sweeny guess there isn't a way for both coaches to get knocked out of the game.

They could both fuck up Malzahn. That would be a treat to see. :laugh3:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea. ERBODY! Create a bowl gamrday thread now for every bowl! Then lets try to sift
thru that bs for the next month. :doh:

there are 50 threads on the front page. only 30 bowl games even remotely worth discussing, all will be over before we know it and then we will have no college football games for 8 months.

if there was a forum that could generate daily discussion on all 30 of those games from now until they are over, that would be a college football fans dream. But no forum is that awesome.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a sign in the crowd that says, " Bauman had it coming, give'em hell Woody!!!!"

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds is calling this "a matchup of two teams who have put together nearly unmatched bodies of work over the last two seasons."

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio sportswriter:

It's no secret that the Buckeyes need to fix their pass defense. Urban Meyer said Sunday that coaches have already begun to devise ways to shore up a unit that allowed Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook to throw for a career-high 304 yards in the Big Ten title game.

"The sky's the limit," said co-defensive coordinator Luke Fickell. "There's some really good young talent. We just have to put it all together."
Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd has thrown for more than 11,000 yards since the start of the 2011 campaign. In the last three years, he has thrown 98 touchdown passes. Ohio State has yet to face a quarterback of his caliber this season.
Ohio State will have 15 bowl practices to sharpen its skills before the Orange Bowl. The Buckeyes lost the privilege of having the extra practices last season, as the program dealt with a bowl ban. Meyer stressed the value of those additional work sessions.
"We were almost in a panic situation a year ago because you take 15 practices out of a young player and you'll never get them back," Meyer said. "That was part of the whole mentality of "The Chase." The players had to make up for those 15 practices on their own and they even did more than that. That's why I have so much admiration for this team."

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are 50 threads on the front page. only 30 bowl games even remotely worth discussing, all will be over before we know it and then we will have no college football games for 8 months.

if there was a forum that could generate daily discussion on all 30 of those games from now until they are over, that would be a college football fans dream. But no forum is that awesome.

:L

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this scrub game.
Who the hell has ever lost to Ohio State? LOL @ them!
Has Clemson even won a game in the last 5 years? LOL @ them!

This should be called the Joke Bowl! :pound:

Clemson by 10.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“On behalf of our players, staff and The Ohio State University, we are honored to accept the invitation to play in the Discover Orange Bowl,” OSU coach Urban Meyer said Sunday evening

on his team and staff:
"There’s no doubt in my mind that we’ll be excited to go play in this bowl game.”

OSU superstar linebacker Ryan Shazier, who is from the Miami, FL metro area, said:
“It will be really cool to be able to play Clemson in Florida in the Orange Bowl game … in front of my family and friends. It will be nice to be able to play the last game of the season in my home state. It will mean a lot.”

Buckeye senior left tackle Jack Mewhort said:
"It means a lot for us to go back and play in a BCS bowl game,” Mewhort said. “To get a win in a big time bowl would be a great way to go out. I couldn’t ask at this point for anything more than to play in a BCS bowl game, and getting to go to battle with these guys I’ve been fortunate to play with for the last four or five years will be great.”

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could both fuck up Malzahn. That would be a treat to see. :laugh3:
Urban would have a heart attack before it got to round 2 and Dabo is all bark and no bite.

Now if you are talking about in the field I don't think so.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this scrub game.

Clemson by 10.

I am looking forward to Steve Spurrier and #9 South Carolina (SEC #4) vs QB Joel Stave and #19 Wisconsin (B1G #3) at the Citrus Bowl, but it takes 2nd place to Urban Meyer and #7 Ohio State (B1G #2) vs QB Tahj Boyd and #12 Clemson (ACC #2) in the Orange Bowl

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this scrub game.

Clemson by 10.

Why don't you go almost loss to a less superior B1G team again.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
former NFL scout Bucky Brooks:

"Braxton Miller is an electrifying playmaker with an impressive set of physical tools that could make him a dangerous threat at the next level (the NFL)...he is a nightmare to stop in college...Miller's speed, athleticism and running skills make him nearly impossible to defend as the primary runner in a power-based option scheme.
(however, ) For all of the praise I've lavished on Miller for his rushing exploits, I'm disappointed in his inability to effectively pass from the pocket. ... From a scouting perspective, Miller's shortcomings as a passer make it hard to fall in love with his spectacular (athletic) talent.
Sure, he can improve as a passer at the next level, but his skills now are so unpolished that scouts would have a tough time selling Miller to NFL executives.... He is not a strong enough passer to function in the NFL; defenses would quickly adjust to his one-dimensional game at the next level.... Braxton Miller is not ready for the NFL. ... Miller is simply not advanced enough as a passer to be effective as a starting quarterback in the NFL. He struggles with his accuracy and ball placement on intermediate and deep throws. Miller lacks the anticipation and timing to make precise throws into tight windows.
Most importantly, Miller lacks the pocket presence and awareness to defeat pro defenses with his arm instead of his feet.... I don't believe he can function as an NFL quarterback at this time. ... the inconsistencies Miller exhibits as a passer would challenge even the savviest NFL offensive coordinator to craft an effective game plan for him....there are plenty of concerns about his judgment, awareness and football IQ directing a pro-style passing game. He has spent his entire career working in a spread system with limited progression reads"

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Shazier will be a force in NFL as hybrid LB
Buckeyes standout LB Ryan Shazier is one of the most explosive defenders in college football.
(NFL) Defensive coaches will love to take advantage of his athleticism by deploying him in multiple positions ... Against the run, Shazier is like a bull in a china shop ... Shazier exhibits the cat-like quickness defensive coaches covet in weak-side linebackers.
As a rusher, Shazier's athleticism and burst make him nearly impossible to keep out of the backfield on blitzes. He blows past plodding offensive linemen and is too aggressive for running backs.
Looking ahead to Shazier's pro potential, I believe he could be an immediate difference maker as a WILL linebacker in a 4-3, while also playing as the nickel backer in sub-packages. This would allow him to stay on the field in every situation, a luxury in the pro game. ... the speed and athleticism that he brings to the field as a playmaking linebacker will make him a hot commodity on draft day."

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Ohio State's Bradley Roby is one of the top cornerbacks in the 2014 draft ... I believe he is a terrific prospect with unbelievable skills...he is an explosive athlete ... Roby will certainly be a favorite of scouts when he performs in workouts. He shows smooth and fluid movement skills, yet is explosive getting in and out of breaks. In coverage, Roby has the ability to snuff out receivers in press coverage. He is fast enough to run with speedsters on the outside but is also strong enough to challenge big-bodied receivers in isolated matchups. ... he only occasionally loses focus and allows an inferior opponent to make a play ... In run support, Roby is a willing tackler ... He will mix it up with running backs and punish receivers."

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much like the Big 10 championship game, it appears the winner of the orange bowl will get their first really big win of the season!

Like a moth to a flame