• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Opening Series vs Angels!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win M's.

No Phred yet? He hates the optimism. Sorry Phred.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there a game today?...lol.

Smith was unbelievable. That is how teams win by having different players stepping up. It doesn't have to be the big 3 every night. No team can win that way.

Farquhar scary. Smith awesome. Teammates picking up for one another gets you to the playoffs.

Zunino was great behind the plate like said above.

Just win the series is all I am asking and then move on to the next one and win that and so on.

That was fun.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea replacing Romero/Jones with Ruggiano and Smith is awesome.

Agree about having different guys step up. 10 hits and only 1 of them was from the big three.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix did his thing. 2 hits in 7 innings of work with 10k's and that was after giving up an HR in the first inning. He seemed a bit down after giving up that knock, but he's always been huge when having to refocus after a blemish.

Great news for him now is giving up an early HR shouldn't be quite as dire as it was in prior years. The O goes out and gives him a strong lead heading into the latter innings.

Really solid first game.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Miller and Jackson did well, if those two perform to the way they are capable then the team will be playoff bound

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both did. It was a well played game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game M's.
1-zip.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm watching the replay, do the outfielders not practice wall drills anymore? Jackson should've caught Trout's homerun, he played the wall horribly.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win to start the season. Felix looked good and that is how the lineup needs to perform in order to be successful. Smith was a beast up there today, good to see.

Good game and always good to start the season with a win. Lets go out there and take the series.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 down, 99 to go. This team is loaded. I'm calling 100 wins.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid me decided to take a personal day off last Friday instead of Monday to watch opening day! But then again, the MLB does suck at scheduling these games... you have two of the premier pitchers going at it and two teams that could be breathing down each other's neck come September and they schedule it for a 1PM start.

Oh well.. no matter, good thing work was a little slow today so I had my earphones on listening to the game.

Couldn't ask for a better start though... very well played all around.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid me decided to take a personal day off last Friday instead of Monday to watch opening day! But then again, the MLB does suck at scheduling these games... you have two of the premier pitchers going at it and two teams that could be breathing down each other's neck come September and they schedule it for a 1PM start.

Oh well.. no matter, good thing work was a little slow today so I had my earphones on listening to the game.

Couldn't ask for a better start though... very well played all around.
Not many outside of our two cities would have watched if it was a later game as it would have gone up against the NCAA final game.

Who it sucked for is all the fans that can't take weekdays off to go to an opening game.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many outside of our two cities would have watched if it was a later game as it would have gone up against the NCAA final game.

Who it sucked for is all the fans that can't take weekdays off to go to an opening game.
I just finished watching the game since I had to record it, the NCAA Championship can lick em'!

That's how you start the season, and even more so that's how you support Felix! Not a gripe to be had, great win!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't able to make it to the park but man what an awesome pregame ceremony. Safeco was the place to be today. I like that they're trying to make Safeco a cool place to be at again.

This is a talented team with a lot of confidence and high hopes for the season. The fans feel it, the players feel it. There is electricity in the air and I hope it stays like this at Safeco throughout the year on weekend games and important games.

We need Safeco to be a raucous environment

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't able to make it to the park but man what an awesome pregame ceremony. Safeco was the place to be today. I like that they're trying to make Safeco a cool place to be at again.

This is a talented team with a lot of confidence and high hopes for the season. The fans feel it, the players feel it. There is electricity in the air and I hope it stays like this at Safeco throughout the year on weekend games and important games.

We need Safeco to be a raucous environment

"Cautiously optimistic" is the phrase I like to use since my days on ESPN forums regarding this M's team. They're capable of flopping after high expectations and we know it. You're right though, there is a sense of electricity for this team this year and I hope to god they live up to the expectations. I'll remain cautious about it but believe they will do very well this year because my goodness this rotation is absolutely sick! If Paxton and Walker live up to the hype, I don't see a reason why this team won't compete come September.

The lineup improved a lot as well, this is probably the first time I look up and down the lineup and don't cringe. It's only one game but contributions from the top and the bottom of the lineup like yesterday will make this team dangerous! 10 hits yesterday but only 1 came from the big 3. Love it.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought that the big-3 to produce would be our three outfielders? Can't wait for the game tonight!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
162 games, it's pretty normal for there to be ebbs and flows in who produces on specific nights.

It is always neat when the bottom/top of the lineup comes through.

It's truly wonderful when everybody is contributing at the same time in the same game.

I've been unashamedly down on the platoon right field z put together, and hope they continue to prove me wrong.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked from home yestrday so I could tune in. Great game. and as has been said, besides Canos rbi, the big 3 were quite, with seags and cruz going ofer. The rest of the lineup produced!!!!

Thats the beauty of having a middle of the line up, your other guys don't have the gigantic carry the offense pressure, and can produce, especially when the pitcher sort of "relaxes" after getting the big three out, next hting you know, Ackley goes boom stick and Smith hits another extra base hit.

And to the poster complaining about the scheduling.... it was opening "day" all but two games were played during the day.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think tonight's lineup is out yet but don't be surprise if Smith and Ackley sits vs. Wilson (left handed pitcher) despite both of these guys having a huge game yesterday. Smith is a career .205 vs. lefties and Ackley .236. We'll most likely see this against lefties all year where Smith is used in a platoon situation.

Ruggiano and Weeks probably starts tonight. Ruggiano career .266 vs lefties and Weeks .261. Easy choice to go with these two tonight imo.