• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL Thread Part IV - A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I've been researching this draft for several months now. :pout:

IMO there is a clear cut #1 and a clear cut #2 and the next 8 are pretty similar value-wise.

Dahlin and Svech will contribute right away but there is some pretty high upside or to a guy like Oliver Wahlstrom or a late riser like Kotkaniemi.

I think there are two blue chippers then a bunch of guys who have some minor warts. Tkachuk probably has the highest floor among that next tier but I think there's a real chance that he doesn't have the offensive game to be a top 6 forward in the NHL. He's a sure-fire 3rd liner though. Zadina looks like he could be a Pastrnak type of player but I have my doubts that he'll be able to create enough space for himself in the NHL. Those are two examples that my team is like 95% sure to draft one of unfortunately. All of the 3-10 picks have similar hangups though.

Boqvist and HUghes could be Karlsson-esque players or they could be easily be Pierre-Marc Bouchard type players.

Wahlstrom looks like a Boeser type sniper but plays a bit too much on the perimeter.

Bouchard looks great but foot speed is a real concern. Same goes for Kotkaniemi.

Dobson is a nice player but might not ever develop offensively at the pro level.

After that I think it's actually got some players who will go later in the 1st round who I think could be stars:

Kupari
Ty Smith
Bokk

could all be 1st line players, IMO.

I think it's a average to slight above average 1st round after the top 10.

good stuff :thumb:

I see Greg Buttons has had Boqvist falling to 10 ... I heard Scott Wheeler yesterday say Boqvist has the highest ceiling and also the lowest floor ... I havent seen anyone make that similar assessment of Hughes though :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Brady Tkachuk fall in the draft with the news that he is committed to BU for one more year?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good stuff :thumb:

I see Greg Buttons has had Boqvist falling to 10 ... I heard Scott Wheeler yesterday say Boqvist has the highest ceiling and also the lowest floor ... I havent seen anyone make that similar assessment of Hughes though :noidea:

I think Boqvist is better than Hughes but I think they are similar players. Hughes might be safer (not sure about that) but I don't think he has Norris trophy upside. I think he settles in as a Ryan Ellis kind of player. Nothing to sneeze at but if Boqvist hits on his potential he could be a Norris candidate in multiple years.

Of course all this is my opinion that is based on not all that much viewing of all these players.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a Pacioretty to Edmonton for #10 deal make sense to anyone else? Him-Drai-RV might just be a pretty good line going forward.

Surely Montreal asks for more than that. I mean Patches is a terrible captain and had a sub-par year but the guy is a 30 goal scorer.

Plunk him down next to McD and he has a legit chance at 40 goals.

Plus, if Bergevin and Chia made a trade one of them would not lose it, thus causing our universe to implode. Not making a deal between these two teams is really just a safety thing.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on how can you forget:
David Perron
Ryan Reaves
Joe Morrow
:suds:
Reaves is the only one I forgot about. I didn't realize Perron made his way to the Knights. Thought he was still with the Blues for some reason, and I didn't see his name on a cursory look at the VGK roster.

Morrow never played an NHL game on the Pens roster, so I didn't count him.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty slim pickings for the Flames - I think it's two guys (Alex Chiasson and Deryk Engelland)

/I think Anton Stralman was Flames property at one time, but was subsequently traded before playing a single game for Calgary.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much for the Sens.

Turris
Conacher
Fisher

I think that's it

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reaves is the only one I forgot about. I didn't realize Perron made his way to the Knights. Thought he was still with the Blues for some reason, and I didn't see his name on a cursory look at the VGK roster.

Morrow never played an NHL game on the Pens roster, so I didn't count him.

Thats right I forgot he never did.

As for Perron he was out the first few games of the playoffs due to injury. He was the Blues player picked in the expansion draft.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there would be some cap issues for edm no?

How about #10 plus Looch for Pacioretty and a second rounder lol

First of all, keep that animal caged in the west.

Supposedly there is talk that Chia wants to use #10 as a sweetener to get someone to take a bad contract.

Now we just need to have Jarmo convince him that a) RNH is a bad contract and b) Dubinsky is a good one.

I just can't really think of any other players Edmonton might be able to get for the 10th pick that would help them in any way shape or form.

There's your problem. You're applying logic.

Does Brady Tkachuk fall in the draft with the news that he is committed to BU for one more year?

He probably committed to BU in hopes he wouldn't go around #4.

/I think Anton Stralman was Flames property at one time, but was subsequently traded before playing a single game for Calgary.

I probably never thanked you for that. 3rd rounder.

Stupid Jackets just didn't have enough patience and let him walk for nothing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely Montreal asks for more than that. I mean Patches is a terrible captain and had a sub-par year but the guy is a 30 goal scorer.

Plunk him down next to McD and he has a legit chance at 40 goals.

Plus, if Bergevin and Chia made a trade one of them would not lose it, thus causing our universe to implode. Not making a deal between these two teams is really just a safety thing.
1 year left to UFA, after a down year.

I think that mitigates his historic performances.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DdMFiDSU0AAMv8Z.jpg:small

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol looks like the NHLPA doesn't want "lower body injury" to turn into "Matt Stajan shit his pants after practice and has chubb rub".

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think the Oilers should be trading #10. Use that pick to help improve your team's prospect depth. You could get Patches by moving other parts of your roster/system.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought about figuring out what word the spelled together, but I gave up pretty quick.

L-E-M-C-R-O-S

I did catch a point where they spelled ROYZE

Ah feck it.

LEMCROKEONHULLMESSGRETKYFEDOURKEROYZELIDSITOTROTTIERTOEWSBRODANNEORR

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always spell Bettman's name wrong, it comes out R-A-T-F-I-N-K

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Chevy was nominated for GM of the Year?

I guess the key to being GM of the Year is to wait 7 years for all your sucking to come to pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.