• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed - I purchased tickets to the Senators/Ducks matinee hoping to see Mark Borowiecki and now he may not play now if the DOPS has its way.

You'll just have to bask in the glory that is Jared Boll.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little disappointed - I purchased tickets to the Senators/Ducks matinee hoping to see Mark Borowiecki and now he may not play now if the DOPS has its way.
The family and I drove up from SD today for the game. Was my first time at the Honda Center....it's a pretty damn nice venue. We were on about the blue line, up high a bit, but the sightlines were great. Will definitely do it again.

and was kinda cool seeing the Angels stadium basically across the street too. look forward to taking in a game or two there this coming summer as well.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to get to a baseball game 1 day, really prefer baseball to hockey. Going away for the holidays and hoping to get to a hockey game.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want one for Christmas...

CzK2ZpnXgAAgUfC.jpg:medium

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kid is a goal scoring machine. Pounces on that rebound, even in his own zone and against his own netminder.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kid is a goal scoring machine. Pounces on that rebound, even in his own zone and against his own netminder.

The bizarre thing about that is that he wasn't even on a weird angle where a misfire would bounce it off the boards in an effective way. He literally just looks like he's sniping his own goalie. Incredible!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antii Raanta the Rangers' backup is making headlines lately while King Henrik is on the bench. Could be interesting as if he keeps this up Vegas may go for him (Raanta) as their #1 goalie in next year's expansion draft.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antii Raanta the Rangers' backup is making headlines lately while King Henrik is on the bench. Could be interesting as if he keeps this up Vegas may go for him (Raanta) as their #1 goalie in next year's expansion draft.
I was pretty surprised when he re-signed there. Thought he could get a starting job somewhere.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bizarre thing about that is that he wasn't even on a weird angle where a misfire would bounce it off the boards in an effective way. He literally just looks like he's sniping his own goalie. Incredible!

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to score there based on how he reacted afterward, but it's hard to say just what he was trying to accomplish.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all were concerned when the Penguins had four goals, and none of them had been scored by Crosby. Fear not, he scored the fifth.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on his one interview prior to the draft, he might have been too baked to not realize it wasn't practice.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you all were concerned when the Penguins had four goals, and none of them had been scored by Crosby. Fear not, he scored the fifth.

You could see him waiting for it to drop below the crossbar, just to make sure it's a good goal.

Also, you're not penalized for high sticking if its on the follow-through of a legal shot.... I would have decapitated the goalie to add injury to insult. Sid is just too nice, I guess.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to score there based on how he reacted afterward, but it's hard to say just what he was trying to accomplish.
The reaction afterward may have been the realisation that he was trying to score on his own net.

Regardless, the kid is gonna be haunted by this clip for the rest of his career. This shit's gonna be on SC top ten's and goof lists for eternity. That kinda sucks.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want one for Christmas...

CzK2ZpnXgAAgUfC.jpg:medium
I've honestly seen like 4 links in my feed today alone about Florida's "unconventional" front office and their financial and military backgrounds and their educations and it's going to be so fucking funny when this team winds up on the market for half of what these idiots paid for them and they move their shit to Seattle.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've honestly seen like 4 links in my feed today alone about Florida's "unconventional" front office and their financial and military backgrounds and their educations and it's going to be so fucking funny when this team winds up on the market for half of what these idiots paid for them and they move their shit to Seattle.

Even though he's a stupid dingleberry, Steve Dangle had Doug Cifu on his podcast and it was a really awesome, blunt and transparent outlook on what the Panthers are doing. I thought the Panthers were idiots with the move, but I respect that Cifu went on a relatively popular podcast and just put it all out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.