• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
pretty decent penalty kill though

C4gxuOoXUAcD0So.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really argue with this. It's tough though, getting a player like Duchene doesn't guarantee anything.
True, but neither do prospects.

As for the Canadian team closest I closest to the Cup I'd go with the Jets. Their core is ridiculously good and young. IMO, they could be just a coaching change (maybe a veteran goalie) away from truly competing in a declining western conference.
A lot of that team is pushing 30+. Scheifele/Laine/Ehlers are going to be stars for a long time and great pieces to build around but Wheeler/Little/Buff/Enstrom are all getting into their 30s.

I feel like if they don't jump through that window next season they'll be stuck in their current purgatory long-term (unless they get a top goalie who can steal them games, which usually gives even bad teams a chance to be in top spot in the division.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The world would be a better place

If Nyquist tore his Achilles' tendon

That high stick was vicious. How is he still in the game?

No clue. Ref was right there and called the penalty. Worst part is we only got 2 min advantage because of Stewart's rough. Scored at least

NBC crew is pissed.

That should be 8-10 games for that.

Vicious (and I understand the anger above, but I don't think it's cool to wish serious injuries on players).

/Matt Cooke is the exception.
//Just to clarify, not referring to esls

There is a precedent for this type of action. Vlasic on Karlsson earlier this season was pretty much the same play.

So I'm pretty sure the league is going to crack down on this one just like when they destroyed Vlasic with a $5,000,000,000 fine.

Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

What's that you say? It was only five THOUSAND?!?!?

What?!?! And the victim wasn't a yellow-bellied, Swedish Ottawa Senator who stole 2 Norris trophies from top 5 all-time defensemen like Doughty and Weber?!?!?

Okay, we can ban this bitch for 10 games then.

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tuned in to the Rangers at Blue Jackets game last night, you were treated to a display of phenomenal goaltending. Raantaa vs Bobrovski.

Hard to lament the loss too badly when I was that entertained by the keepers for the whole game.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get a flustered emotional goalie who is too busy yapping to stop a puck

I'm glad someone on that team is at least showing some passion. Hard to blame the guy. He's actually sitting 6th in the league in Sv% but still has a losing record because the team in front of him gives up the most shots per game and is near the bottom in scoring.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tuned in to the Rangers at Blue Jackets game last night, you were treated to a display of phenomenal goaltending. Raantaa vs Bobrovski.

Hard to lament the loss too badly when I was that entertained by the keepers for the whole game.
I was flipping between that and the Beanpot.

Everything coming up Harvard including Vesey scoring the winner for the Rags.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad someone on that team is at least showing some passion. Hard to blame the guy. He's actually sitting 6th in the league in Sv% but still has a losing record because the team in front of him gives up the most shots per game and is near the bottom in scoring.
He was pretty vocal after the game. From his words, which may or may not be legit, his team just aren't listening to Bylsma and they need to start.

If Bylsma has already lost that room and its players that are supposed to constitute the core of this team moving forward, they're in some deep shit. He isn't a coach who's shown an ability to get guys re-energized.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night's Coyotes - Flames game summary can be found below:

NdoIm7.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

imo the goalie shouldnt be the guy doing it ... needs stay on an even keel :noidea:

/ great photo

C4pIoFuVcAAiqJD.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Horvat, probably no Sutter, possibly no Hansen for Canucks v Pens who are welcoming back Malkin tonight

/ bodog.eu

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I bet my brother-in-law's family farm instead? Watch A-Miller steal one tonight for the Canucks.

Id be ok with that if Miltsy is traded to the Flames for a first rounder with 2:14 left in the the 3rd period tonight :thumb:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be ok with that if Miltsy is traded to the Flames for a first rounder with 2:14 left in the the 3rd period tonight :thumb:

I see you're going with the "if I post it enough times it's going to come true" approach :D

/I'd rather BT bite the bullet, admit he made a bad coaching hire, and try to bring Claude Julien on board.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry inveterates/degenerates ... looks like Sutter and Hansen are in tonight v pens

/shouldnt matter ... i just said sorry because :canada:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good low key trolling of espn hockey coverage by Burrows

The NHL trade deadline is ruining Alex Burrows’ life. And he hasn’t even been traded yet.

“I’ve cut off my Twitter,” the Vancouver Canucks’ winger said. “I’ve cut off TSN and Canadian websites. I watch ESPN right now. I’m more aware of the Charles Oakley incident and what happened in the NBA last night (than in the NHL). I’m a huge sports fan; I have to follow sports. But right now, I’m staying away from anything where my name could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.