• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't know who pissed off the injury "gods" on the Pens, but it's getting ridiculous. They may have to play the rest of the SEASON with 5 D. Really depends on what they do about Letang and if he ends up on the IR (which he probably should...).

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PEns have the worst luck with injuries don't they? Shame because they're such a talented team.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PEns have the worst luck with injuries don't they? Shame because they're such a talented team.

I won't say "worst" because...well...Blue Jackets this year. That said, over the course of the past five or so years? Yeah, it's incredible really. Letang may be done for the year, and we're now reaching the scary "should you still be playing" territory with him and head injuries.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ the stick didn't break on the slash so no penalty is warranted

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
^ the stick didn't break on the slash so no penalty is warranted
holy crap, you weren't kidding!

shocking that guy had made it to the NHL
I would have put money that this was a Northern Quebec league

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of that is none of the other players, like, seemed to care about one of their teammates getting assaulted

I would have fucking cut every one of those players after that

One of the Pens beat writers said he recalled when this chump played for the Leafs in 2008 he backed down from a fight with Eric Godard...to instead take on Ruslan Fedetenko. And I sort of agree, although I think we'd need a whole video to see the reaction, because there was likely a few moments of "WTF did I just see". The fact that he was allowed to play is insane to me. Bar the guy from every pro league possible.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the Pens beat writers said he recalled when this chump played for the Leafs in 2008 he backed down from a fight with Eric Godard...to instead take on Ruslan Fedetenko. And I sort of agree, although I think we'd need a whole video to see the reaction, because there was likely a few moments of "WTF did I just see". The fact that he was allowed to play is insane to me. Bar the guy from every pro league possible.

I get that and I'm sure there were a few guys wondering what the hell just happened, but if it was me, I would have ran after him like he stole my money

He's a hack anyway so any team that would want him deserves what they get

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season on the line for the Flames today Matty, as pretty close to a must win as you can get. And if the Hawks can beat the Jets, well that would be nice as well.

Yeah I feel this could be it for The flames with a loss and a jets win

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the beat writer bother to rewatch that fight to jog his memory? Because while I don't know what happened with Godard beforehand, I found the Fedotenko fight easily. And Fedotenko appears to me to have had both of his gloves completely off before Deveaux even knew it was a fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/54120

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the beat writer bother to rewatch that fight to jog his memory? Because while I don't know what happened with Godard beforehand, I found the Fedotenko fight easily. And Fedotenko appears to me to have had both of his gloves completely off before Deveaux even knew it was a fight.

Good find. Yes, definitely a little revisionist history.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say *I* recalled it in such a way. I don't really care...but simply put, this guy is either the biggest ass in Europe or he's mentally ill.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say *I* recalled it in such a way. I don't really care...but simply put, this guy is either the biggest ass in Europe or he's mentally ill.

I didn't say or imply that you did, the beat writer you were citing was mentioned in my very first sentence. And I simply don't think that being the biggest ass in Europe and/or mentally ill makes it OK for media members (or anyone) to just lazily make shit up about you. If he were using that kind of bullshit narrative to badmouth Sidney Crosby I think you'd be pissed, and rightly so. I'm sure you know/realize this, but it doesn't suddenly become good journalistic technique when the target is an asshole.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Rick DP update

CBTA4GbWsAACybc.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one remember the Andre Deveaux era fondly. Almost as fondly as the Mark Bell days or the Boyd Devereaux years.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Rick, Ted Nugent called and he wants his jacket back.

Status
Not open for further replies.