• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when we used to go to games, there used to be a $5 parking lot about 4 blocks from Rogers arena ... I would park there and think I was getting away with murder ... then the Olympics came to town and it permanently became a $25 lot :ohwell:

driving in traffic never bothered me ... but parking rates always do lol

$5?! Wow! The random, sporadic times I have driven to a Leaf game there was a garage under a condo that charged $15 and I think that was about as cheap as it got downtown. I even think in Buffalo the couple times I drove for Sabres games/the WJC the parking anywhere near the arena was $10 at its cheapest. RIP cheap parking.

I pay $3 each way to take the subway now that I'm in the city and I'll never look back.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is Jean Beliveau didn't want to join the Montreal Canadiens (he was doing just fine playing for the Quebec Aces in the Quebec Senior Hockey League). That all changed when the Habs bought the entire Quebec Senior Hockey League (and acquired Le Gros Bill).

that clip of Beliveau at what looked like a Little League baseball function was classic ... He's wearing a suit and a batting helmet and they pitch a ball to him and he just completely cranks it ... then he tips the cap to the kids as hes taking it off and they swarm him ... smooth as silk that guy was lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city of Calgary has the second most expensive downtown parking in North America (only Manhattan is more expensive). What the heck?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city of Calgary has the second most expensive downtown parking in North America (only Manhattan is more expensive). What the heck?

That City has alot of gas

but really its probably because the parking stalls are bigger than everywhere else so people dont slide into the other cars due to the ice and snow :D

but seriously.. alot of gas

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4dZo1aCcAAYxFM.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then/than fail.

Just an overall fail, IMO.

Nothing says classy sportsmanship than making fun of a city during a sporting event. Is that an NHL game or a conference on urban living? If it's the latter they could have added another item to the list:

Go to Winnipeg so you won't get shot by a morbidly obese, gun-toting, fundamentalist redneck in Texas. :thumb:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nothing says classy sportsmanship than making fun of a city during a sporting event. Is that an NHL game or a conference on urban living? If it's the latter they could have added another item to the list:

Go to Winnipeg so you won't get shot by a morbidly obese, gun-toting, fundamentalist redneck in Texas. :thumb:

Jets answer: Scoreboard!!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just replace "redneck" with "aboriginal" and you've basically got Winnipeg, though.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnipeg has the new human rights museum also ... I was in winnipeg for 2 days at the end of September for a business meeting and wanted to get out there and see it but i was staying across the street from the airport, didnt rent a car and the museum is on the outskirts so i decided against it

as i was being dropped off at the hotel after the meetings, the person told me that i can just visit it the next time Im in town

I said "sure" ... i hope it didnt sound as insincere as how I meant it deep down inside

/sorry winnipeg :(

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winnipeg has the new human rights museum also ... I was in winnipeg for 2 days at the end of September for a business meeting and wanted to get out there and see it but i was staying across the street from the airport, didnt rent a car and the museum is on the outskirts so i decided against it

as i was being dropped off at the hotel after the meetings, the person told me that i can just visit it the next time Im in town

I said "sure" ... i hope it didnt sound as insincere as how I meant it deep down inside

/sorry winnipeg :(

Friend of mine is a structural engineer and his company were the consultants on the museum. He had to go there weekly. He called 2012 the worst year of his life. He quit before they could send him there some more in 2013.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update on the goings on outside the arena for the ASG weekend.

Columbus Blue Jackets- All-Star Plans Unveiled - Columbus Blue Jackets - News

I have long wanted a skating rink on that park. I used to sit down there and eat lunch during the summer when I worked downtown because, well, sunbathers. Some of us used to take frisbees or baseball gloves down and blow off steam. Great view of the skyline as well. I hope it becomes a yearly thing.

The snow slide should be fun too.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't lived in Winnipeg since '85, and I've been around the world a few times in those 30 years - I won't even visit anyplace where the police carry automatic weapons, or the army or paramilitaries patrol the streets - but I'd take Wpg over at least half the places I've visited or lived. Some places like TO-ONie Town just seemed like a bigger and harder to get around version. Numero uno on my criteria for rating a city is how quick and easy it is to get out of the city. Second would be how friendly the people are, and how likely they are to try to fleece you, or cheat you on your change. Looks like the hockey team has managed to get rid of all the hockey players that don't want to play there, anyway. See y'all in the p-offs, eh.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ridiculously expensive and incredibly ugly museum that the Federal G built in the name of human rights (to the tune of a half bilkion) is right snack in the center of town - three or four blocks from the hockey arena, the Forks, City Hall and Portage and Main. Face it though, the whole damn country is totally screwed, and SHarpie-boy keeps pounding on his keyboard, and inventing new vocal notes - to break from his lying through his teeth, day 'job'.

Status
Not open for further replies.