• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ongoing NHL thread - Part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A potential new contract for restricted free agent Ryan Johansen continues to be in the dialogue stage.

Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed to TSN that he is currently in contract discussions with Columbus. Overhardt said that the focus remains on a two-year bridge contract.

The 22-year-old has been unable to reach a new deal with the team since his three-year entry-level contract expired after last season.

Johansen led Columbus in scoring last year after a breakout season where he tallied 33 goals and 30 assists.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A potential new contract for restricted free agent Ryan Johansen continues to be in the dialogue stage.

Johansen's agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed to TSN that he is currently in contract discussions with Columbus. Overhardt said that the focus remains on a two-year bridge contract.

The 22-year-old has been unable to reach a new deal with the team since his three-year entry-level contract expired after last season.

Johansen led Columbus in scoring last year after a breakout season where he tallied 33 goals and 30 assists.

I have to say, the leverage is shifting back to Johansen's side. One whole line out? And one guy can be back with the swipe of a pen?

Yeah. You have to do it.

Although, Rychel - Wennberg - Dano as a line looks good. I would like to see them tear up the "A" for a year first, but...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ken Henderson ‏@krusty027 5m
@Proteautype Also demand GM change his name to Ron SexDoll and the team change it's name to the Philadelphia Floosies.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I have to say, the leverage is shifting back to Johansen's side. One whole line out? And one guy can be back with the swipe of a pen?

Yeah. You have to do it.

on the other hand - if your year is fucked anyways, let him rot and go for McDavid :suds:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
four teams over the cap CapGeek.com
Philly, Boston and TB can get compliant via LTIR.
Chicago's got to move someone.

Boston made it under with some minimum contracts, but if anyone gets hurt and are not eligible for LTIR, they are hooped
Pittsburgh tight as well, with 900k room and only 21 players on roster

could still be some fun this week!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs ones were pretty slick. I think I liked the Bruins best though. Those horizontal stripes actually work well in a soccer kit.

I like the fact a company with the word "Toronto" in their corporate name is draped across the chest :nod:

But yes, horizontal stripes are always très chic.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs ones were pretty slick. I think I liked the Bruins best though. Those horizontal stripes actually work well in a soccer kit.

Yeah, not too shabby, so instead of Rangers vs. Bruins on rivalry night, it should be billed as Rangers vs. Celtic?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the other hand - if your year is fucked anyways, let him rot and go for McDavid :suds:

1) they are 5-1 in the preseason. Season is not "fucked", the "score by committee" plan seems to be working. Unless Bobrovsky goes down.
2) Even if they were fucked, they'd be nowhere near as fucked as Buffalo, Edmonton or Toronto.

four teams over the cap CapGeek.com
Philly, Boston and TB can get compliant via LTIR.
Chicago's got to move someone.

Boston made it under with some minimum contracts, but if anyone gets hurt and are not eligible for LTIR, they are hooped
Pittsburgh tight as well, with 900k room and only 21 players on roster

could still be some fun this week!

Chris Pronger could play again. This is *NOT* cap circumvention. You stop saying that.

I will take Hossa for... Boll. It's okay, look at the dollars. Works perfect :thumb:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) they are 5-1 in the preseason. Season is not "fucked", the "score by committee" plan seems to be working. Unless Bobrovsky goes down.
2) Even if they were fucked, they'd be nowhere near as fucked as Buffalo, Edmonton or Toronto.

Chris Pronger could play again. This is *NOT* cap circumvention. You stop saying that.

I will take Hossa for... Boll. It's okay, look at the dollars. Works perfect :thumb:

Do you seriously think that (a handful of) preseason scores tell anything useful about how a team will perform in an 82 game regular season in which a good percentage of the preseason players on all teams won't even be involved?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you seriously think that (a handful of) preseason scores tell anything useful about how a team will perform in an 82 game regular season in which a good percentage of the preseason players on all teams won't even be involved?

No Cup winner since the Penguins has had a winning record in the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.