• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One thing football got right

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I gotta agree with Jonvi on this one. I understand what you're saying Trolly, but it's as simple as this: when you are standing 12 feet away from the hoop and nobody is allowed to play defense on you, there is no reason why you should miss. If you do, well then the other team gets a shot.

You know what I love about end of game free throws? they show you who has the clutch gene! Aaron Gordon is an awful FT shooter, there's no doubt about that. But when we REAAAAAAAALLY needed him last night (and I say REAAAAAAALLY because it's not like we didn't need him to hit the front end of both the one and one's that he missed) he came through and hit two that pushed our lead to 3. CLUTCH, and i felt so good for him

I get where you're coming from. I really do. I understand the drama that comes from putting guys at the line and I see the appeal of it. But as I told jonvi, my objection is twofold. It's not that I just dislike shooting free throws... I dislike fouling. I think it's a shitty way to try and win a game. "Executing our game plan didn't work. Fuck it. Let's cheat." is really what it boils down to. I just think it's a crappy way to end a game. Dramatic? yes. Good sportsmanship? No.