• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One, the other, or some combination?

How much of Howell's "growth" can be contributed to EB and what percentage belongs to Howell?

• Zero EB / 100% Howell

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Zero Howell / 100% EB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10% EB / 90% Howell

• 10% Howell / 90% EB

• 20% EB / 80% Howell

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 20% Howell / 80% EB

• 30% EB / 70% Howell

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 30% Howell / 70% EB

• 40% EB / 60% Howell

• 40% Howell / 60% EB

• 50% EB / 50% Howell

• Total voters

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went 40 howell 60 EB . the thing is howell is taking the coaching , he is learning and EB is providing him opportunity and is not babying him

in 10 career games the kid has shown so far he can play in the NFL at the very least . . he has shown good leadership , and he is able to maintain balance though good and bad . . now its a matter if he can master the position and at what level . if you are looking for elite then it probably not going to happen , if you are looking for a top 10 -12 guy then he is probably it (so far )
i think 10-12 guy potentially is about right . he was and is doing what i said he was the only change is EB isnt adapting to the circumstances

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think 10-12 guy potentially is about right . he was and is doing what i said he was the only change is EB isnt adapting to the circumstances
My only comment on this thread is that EB/RR failed Howell in all areas. Personnel, game planning, adjustments etc. Glad they ALL will be gone. Keep Howell on his rookie contract then draft Daniels.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only comment on this thread is that EB/RR failed Howell in all areas. Personnel, game planning, adjustments etc. Glad they ALL will be gone. Keep Howell on his rookie contract then draft Daniels.
I agree with you on selecting Daniels and keeping Howell. That said, The split must be 70% Rivera, 10% Howell 5% EB, 2.5% Oline, etc., and 2.5% on fans/followers/ supporters.

Why?

1. Well, Rivera put together this mish-mosh of average talent, and he gets the lion's share!

2. Howell himself is an average talent and similar to some first dates, put his best foot forward but ultimately had to drag that other not-so-appealing foot up.

3. The talent he (EB) had to work with was/is almost the same given to Turner. In fact, it can be argued that this group is worse. Average talent garners average results if they are, as a collective, lucky. Unfortunately, this wasn't a lucky year for them.

4. "They are who we thought they were!"___ Dennis Green and this quote perfectly applies to our offensive line. Although not as bad as some here believe them to be, has anyone been surprised by their play?

5. There's this old baseball movie titled "It Happens Every Spring" and nothing close best describes professional sports fandom. There are psychological explanations for the phenomenon witnessed every year by sports fans who declare every year that... "This is the year that...!"
They are Optimism bias, wishful thinking, and fanaticism. Here's how they work and why fans/followers and supporters get this share.

A. Optimism bias is the tendency to overestimate the likelihood of positive outcomes and underestimate the likelihood of negative outcomes.

B. Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs based on what is pleasing to imagine rather than on evidence or rationality.

C. Fanaticism is the excessive or irrational devotion to a cause or group, often accompanied by intolerance of opposing views.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on selecting Daniels and keeping Howell. That said, The split must be 70% Rivera, 10% Howell 5% EB, 2.5% Oline, etc., and 2.5% on fans/followers/ supporters.

Why?

1. Well, Rivera put together this mish-mosh of average talent, and he gets the lion's share!

2. Howell himself is an average talent and similar to some first dates, put his best foot forward but ultimately had to drag that other not-so-appealing foot up.

3. The talent he (EB) had to work with was/is almost the same given to Turner. In fact, it can be argued that this group is worse. Average talent garners average results if they are, as a collective, lucky. Unfortunately, this wasn't a lucky year for them.

4. "They are who we thought they were!"___ Dennis Green and this quote perfectly applies to our offensive line. Although not as bad as some here believe them to be, has anyone been surprised by their play?

5. There's this old baseball movie titled "It Happens Every Spring" and nothing close best describes professional sports fandom. There are psychological explanations for the phenomenon witnessed every year by sports fans who declare every year that... "This is the year that...!"
They are Optimism bias, wishful thinking, and fanaticism. Here's how they work and why fans/followers and supporters get this share.

A. Optimism bias is the tendency to overestimate the likelihood of positive outcomes and underestimate the likelihood of negative outcomes.

B. Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs based on what is pleasing to imagine rather than on evidence or rationality.

C. Fanaticism is the excessive or irrational devotion to a cause or group, often accompanied by intolerance of opposing views.
I have said I like they way your think (process) Sty. Rather than finger point who is responsible, we just move forward with A, a little bit of B and some are likely to remain C. A competent new regime should give us hope that after 20+ years of futility, we can be a proud fan base once again.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 10 days away from the beginning of major changes let by what we all hope is much better ownership so put me down for B and C.

How anyone figured Howell was average in one year is beyond me. It could be right but it could be wrong too. How anyone thinks if you draft a QB in the top 5 you have a future star is beyond me as well. You have nothing to base that on.