• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

One Day Later

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was reading the comments on JSOnline. Talked to some family members. People have all kinds of various feelings about this, but here is what I cannot accept...

It's a transition year. Everyone just needs to relax. We don't reload at Wisconsin, we redevelop. The offensive line just isn't as good.

Well look here, people. This is all true. We HAVE always had transition years, even on the offensive line. But we've never struggled to run the ball like that. Never. And we've had worse backs than Montee Ball, even Montee Ball at 85%. Havenstein and whoever were not going to be Zeitler and Oglesby...yea...I get that. Am I really supposed to believe that Bostad wouldn't have at least drilled them into C grade run blockers?

I'm not okay with Wagner struggling at times, either. Not sure I understand what happened there.

What was the offensive game plan? Single back? No FB at all? I understand that Cadogan hasn't exactly impressed, and Derek Watt just started playing the position, but even if we had to simplify the game plan for Watt, we NEEDED to go Power I. That's Wisconsin football. That's the scheme these guys know. And quite frankly, O'Brien kind of obviously needed extra protection.

Canada made NO adjustments. None. It was obvious that we needed to go power and get Ball an additional blocker. Set up screens if you have to. Try to exploit run blitzes by hitting Pederson or Watt with some quick throws. What we DID was so fucking inefficient it makes my brain hurt. If calling plays yesterday had been like a heavyweight fight, Canada would have gone out on a stretcher. I mean what was the plan there? Just keep throwing with NO protection and hope that eventually we strike it big and get Oregon State off our run game?

But here's a bigger concern of mine. Did Bielema force personnel decisions on Canada? "Coach I want to use Watt at FB this week." "He isn't ready."

I just don't get it. Transition is okay, but when you don't even put the right personnel on the field or CALL PLAYS like you're not the Russel Wilson pro-set three wide pass offense of last season.....you're just going to look stupid. I mean Abbredaris goes down and we go three wide?! WHY!? Stick to Wisconsin football and let these guys LEARN from their mistakes while PLAYING WISCONSIN FOOTBALL.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I endorse this post.

I wasn't expecting to be as good as last year, but I do expect a big line capable of controlling games with a strong rushing attack. When the guard can't pull outside to block the blitzing linebacker/cornerbacks on outside runs, we have major issues. When DEs are running inside of our right tackle like it is nothing, we have a problem. When our left tackle, projected to go as high as #2 in the draft, is getting beat by spin moves every other play, we have problems.

We aren't going to have the great talent at the skill positions every year, but we should have a good enough O-Line to make it up for. The O-Line should be able to reload or redevelop or whatever you call it. For the first time I can remember, we clearly haven't.

Canada's schemes also suck, but i'll save that outrage for another game. It's much easier for an OC to get his shit together than it is for an O-Line.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys have no idea what it is like to live here and listen to all the beaver fans talk about how good they are now.

son of a bitch...