• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On to the off-season...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this being a back and forth up until it is time to declare, then turning to regret between declaration and draft day.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
henry i dont like with lewis there now, he couldnt beat out an aging murray

They will not use Lewis as well as the Patriots did. Plus he's very injury prone.

I tend to think that Henry will be a fine second tier RB even with Lewis. He’ll get most of the between the tackles work and goal line work also. So not great, but solid. Much rather bank on him then McCoy with the OL losing three starters, not solid at QB or WR and McCoy pushing the limits of when a RB steps off that cliff. That Bills offense has disaster written all over it, I don’t want anything to do with it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:
I tend to think that Henry will be a fine second tier RB even with Lewis. He’ll get most of the between the tackles work and goal line work also. So not great, but solid. Much rather bank on him then McCoy with the OL losing three starters, not solid at QB or WR and McCoy pushing the limits of when a RB steps off that cliff. That Bills offense has disaster written all over it, I don’t want anything to do with it.
Tend to agree I guess:suds:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think I should roll with Henry and Hill?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think I should roll with Henry and Hill?
Yes. The Bills offense is offensive this season, you really don’t want to tie your success in FF to them over achieving do you?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The Bills offense is offensive this season, you really don’t want to tie your success in FF to them over achieving do you?
I just think they have no other choice than to feed McCoy the rock 20-25 times a game. Whether that is 15 carries and 10 catches or 20 carries and 5 catches or what, but he should get his.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel like if I keep McCoy, I can grab Chris Ivory late in case he gets hurt and still get something respectable from him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also feel like if I keep McCoy, I can grab Chris Ivory late in case he gets hurt and still get something respectable from him.
Mccoy is filthy but terrible situation with the gutted Oline. Still if they're getting blown out he'll get catches, if it's low scoring he'll get carries. Hardest read on the board right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think they have no other choice than to feed McCoy the rock 20-25 times a game. Whether that is 15 carries and 10 catches or 20 carries and 5 catches or what, but he should get his.
Yeah every defense will be over loaded to stop him because no defense is worried about the passing offense. A OL line missing three starters, IDK sounds like the Bills could easily end up being the worse offense in the league and McCoy could get stuffed badly and even on going out for a pass should draw plenty of attention.
I know it’s hard to accept solid over the stud McCoys been, but it’s the wise course of action IMO. Who knows you may be able to pick him up on the cheap in the draft.
Just my :2cents:. Take it how you will.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he injury prone?

2013 didn't play due to a fractured fibula
2014 wasn't on a roster
2015 played 7 games then a torn ACL
2016 played 7 games had to have a second knee surgery

That kind of a history will make folks wonder if his body will hold up. In his favor he did hold up last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet it's poor luck rather than something about him that magically makes him more likely to get hurt.
His history is his history, it indicates his body isn’t up to the punishment the NFL game inflicts. That’s not magic, that’s facts. Your simply wishing on a star....oh just bad luck he’ll be fine going forward. :hope:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His history is his history, it indicates his body isn’t up to the punishment the NFL game inflicts. That’s not magic, that’s facts. Your simply wishing on a star....oh just bad luck he’ll be fine going forward. :hope:

It's not wishing on a star at all. It's completely rational to think it's bad luck. In fact i would argue it's much more rational than to think the alternative.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not wishing on a star at all. It's completely rational to think it's bad luck. In fact i would argue it's much more rational than to think the alternative.
Based on his history, I’ll predict he gets injured this season. Let’s see how it plays out.:D

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his history, I’ll predict he gets injured this season. Let’s see how it plays out.:D

The problem is even if that happens it doesn't prove anything. If injuries are random there's a decent chance he gets hurt this year.

Conversely, even if he is injury prone - him playing all 16 games doesnt prove its random.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is even if that happens it doesn't prove anything. If injuries are random there's a decent chance he gets hurt this year.

Conversely, even if he is injury prone - him playing all 16 games doesnt prove its random.
Ok. Guess it comes down to this. I believe that not all players are created equally. Some are blessed with sturdier bodies. I believe those that suffer multiple injuries are likely not as blessed and more likely to get injured again. Don’t think I’m alone with this either.
I give you two prime examples of players not blessed with sturdy bodies. Prosise and Reed. Prosise is lucky if he makes it thru practice without injuring himself.
You go right ahead and ignore injury history if you like, I will take notice of them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Guess it comes down to this. I believe that not all players are created equally. Some are blessed with sturdier bodies. I believe those that suffer multiple injuries are likely not as blessed and more likely to get injured again. Don’t think I’m alone with this either.
I give you two prime examples of players not blessed with sturdy bodies. Prosise and Reed. Prosise is lucky if he makes it thru practice without injuring himself.
You go right ahead and ignore injury history if you like, I will take notice of them.
yep:clap: