• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On to San Diego....errrr LA

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm using the phrase "play QB" very loosely here. More like a baby giraffe trying to learn how to walk.

This pretty much says it all:

brock-fumble.gif

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers 24
Broncos 13

If that's what's happenin', then I don't see how we don't just turn it over to Brock. I for one don't wanna see the whole season pissed away while we try to see if Siemian can get it back together over the next two months. Even if we did lose against the Chuggers, even at 3-3 there are still 10 games to go, and we can win games if we can get in the endzone a couple times a game. If Trevor lays his 4th straight egg I don't know how this isn't thoroughly discussed before we go into Philly.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes Brock played like horrid ass the majority of the time in Houston, but let's be honest.........he was serviceable at the least, and at least wasn't afraid to uncork it now and again to keep the defenses honest when he was here with us 2 years ago. We tried to make him our franchise QB, but he got greedy. I guess when you got 72 mil staring you in the face your judgment gets outta whack.

Whatever.....we can't ride Siemian much longer if he can't get it together or we're kissing the season goodbye. Gonna take 10 wins to even sniff a playoff spot and I'd rather see one than not see one.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes Brock played like horrid ass the majority of the time in Houston, but let's be honest.........he was serviceable at the least, and at least wasn't afraid to uncork it now and again to keep the defenses honest when he was here with us 2 years ago. We tried to make him our franchise QB, but he got greedy. I guess when you got 72 mil staring you in the face your judgment gets outta whack.

Whatever.....we can't ride Siemian much longer if he can't get it together or we're kissing the season goodbye. Gonna take 10 wins to even sniff a playoff spot and I'd rather see one than not see one.

Great post.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate do or die games this early in the season but this one sure is starting to feel like it. The Broncos only saving grace is that this NFL season seems to be really topsy turvy. I think we're going to see 9 win teams get into the playoffs. Of course, I'm not interested in squeaking in. The Broncos need to win the AFC West!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never seen Brock Osweiler play QB, have you?

xQWPABp.gif

He is obviously not a great QB. That doesn't mean he hasn't had some moments. He played big in some big time games for the Broncos like helping lead a nice comeback against the Patriots in a must win game. These type of throws have been missing most of the year that really help cause a defense to back off.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'm not sure any of us can look at the 3 QB's on the roster and say one is better than the others. All I know is right now Siemian has had 3 straight terrible games where he has been a big part of why the offense hasn't been able to function.

From what I understand the Broncos have told Siemian and Osweiler that they better be ready to play on Sunday. The Broncos told Siemian to get his crap together to get ready to be benched. So the conversations have definitely started. If they lose this game and the next one I'm expecting they will put in Lynch as soon as his arm is healthy just to see if he has anything so they can know what to do during the offseason at the QB position.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely need to see what Paxton Lynch has. He's the only question mark of the 3. The other two are known garbage.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely need to see what Paxton Lynch has. He's the only question mark of the 3. The other two are known garbage.

I think he is less of a question mark than many would like to admit. History is not kind to QBs that aren't starting after year 1. (or was it two)

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is less of a question mark than many would like to admit.

A guy in his 2nd season that only has 2 career starts is most certainly a question mark. As is Chad Kelly. Where is he?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy in his 2nd season that only has 2 career starts is most certainly a question mark. As is Chad Kelly. Where is he?

You mean that same guy that was given every chance to be the starter, all he had to do was show something against vanilla Ds in preseason and lost out to the guy we all want benched? That guy? Lynch buys you more athletic ability than Siemian but I am not sure he makes better decisions.

That said, I am of the mindset to play Lynch if this season keeps heading south. Remove all questions. At the very least, this season should tell us whether we have a QB on the roster.

As for Kelly, get him healthy and lets see if he brought that 10 cent brain with him to the NFL. Not exactly a fan of his from the start.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe this might be Siemian's biggest game of his career. From the sound of things the Broncos are itching to pull the trigger and just move on to the next guy in Osweiler for a couple of weeks then Lynch when he gets healthy. So Siemian cannot afford even to struggle early in the game as my guess is they would be willing to make the switch by the 3rd quarter to Osweiler if the team is struggling. Would be funny to see Osweiler go out there and dominate against the Chargers coming in for a benched QB when that is what ended his career earlier during his time with the Broncos.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't a guy that's been around for 3 years have the pocket awareness down mostly. Esp a guy who is so calm and collected that part puzzles me the most. Figured he was stop gap until QBOTF arrives.