• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

On to San Diego....errrr LA

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 3-2. If we lose this one a .500 season at best seems realistic.

We’ll have to see how the team, and specifically Siemian, responds. 35 points in the last three games ain’t getting the job done.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be tough, as the Chargers are going to be ultra motivated as well. A divisional opponent and a chance to stay in the AFC West race. At least it won't be a home game for the Chargers :eyebrows:.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something for you.
This was said by a coach not of Denver though.
"When a team is as beat up on one side of the ball as the Giants were on offense, you can't game plan for that. Any tendencies are thrown out the window. This is especially true because they switched their play caller as well. Denver had little tape for most of those guys on offense. They couldn't plan for that and it showed. They still played a good game and kept it winnable for the offense. Offensively their gameplan was great. What wasn't was their ability to execute the calls and that starts with the quarterback."

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses. We should have not lost that game. Siemian was god awful. It wasn't like a new pitcher in baseball. He threw terrible picks to Collins and Janoris Jenkins. I don't buy the "didn't know how to plan"

We let them run the ball, we turned the ball over. We missed FG's they made theirs.

We were beat in every phase of the game.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to see how much resilience Trevor Siemian has. I've seen him pull some boneheaded plays in games that cost us dearly and then bounce back from them and go on to make good plays afterward. Can he bounce back from a shitty game? Because he really did play like shit. He was inaccurate. He held on to the ball too long. He didn't call good protections. He didn't read the Defense well. The loss isn't all on him, but it reminded me of when Osweiler got pulled for Manning against the Chargers...except Osweiler was playing better at the time.

Speaking of Osweiler, was I the only one actually hoping that they would just leave him in to see what he could do? It was perfect timing. Siemian had to be taken out and looked at. I had this feeling that if it had happened earlier and Osweiler had gotten something going then maybe they would have left him in. Regardless, I think they should have let him start the second half just to see if he could get something going.

So, now, our O-Line is maybe shittier and we'll be missing Sanders. I hope McCoy has something good up his sleeve or it's going to be a looooong game.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's something for you.
This was said by a coach not of Denver though.
"When a team is as beat up on one side of the ball as the Giants were on offense, you can't game plan for that. Any tendencies are thrown out the window. This is especially true because they switched their play caller as well. Denver had little tape for most of those guys on offense. They couldn't plan for that and it showed. They still played a good game and kept it winnable for the offense. Offensively their gameplan was great. What wasn't was their ability to execute the calls and that starts with the quarterback."

I get what you are saying, but the D was fucking up pretty badly on some basic shit. Mishandling receiver hand offs leaving guys wide open and (I really hope) playing badly out of position. I say (I really hope) playing badly out of position because if some of that was intentional then our new DC sucks ass.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for Orleans Darkwa to have his way with our defense. That isn't due to not being able to prepare for a team. He has been in the league for 3 years. He has been a special teamer and backup RB for all of those years. He has run the ball before. It isn't like this was Saquon Barkley coming straight out of college not knowing what to expect of him as an NFLer and he randomly shows up on their door step and stomps all over us. There were some holes the size or Paris Hilton's out there on Sunday night and there is no excuse for that.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuse for Denver to lose to NYG or LA this week. If we do I want high draft pick most of all this season. As well as no serious injuries. This team has issues and going through growing pains . 9-7 8-8 do nothing for us long term 5-11 might turn our fortunes faster. I don't like the loser mentality I'm posting but, this team needs a real QB. I don't think we have one on our roster. I'm am curious about Kelly but, is he going to be better then QB's coming out this year? Who knows

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Kelly we can't count on him to be the guy. But I want to see him get the opportunity to compete to be the guy. That being said. I wouldn't be shocked if we draft a QB early, sign a vet QB and give Kelly a shot. Trade Siemian since he has value as a starting QB with experience and release Lynch.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love Kelly we can't count on him to be the guy. But I want to see him get the opportunity to compete to be the guy. That being said. I wouldn't be shocked if we draft a QB early, sign a vet QB and give Kelly a shot. Trade Siemian since he has value as a starting QB with experience and release Lynch.

Knowing Elway he'll draft Mason Rudolph because he's tall :)

I just don't want to mortgage the farm like Washington did for RG3 on draft day. So with a higher pick it would help on that greatly.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm thinking Elway will do PFM type thing this offseason most of all with trade up in draft for one a close 2nd.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing Elway he'll draft Mason Rudolph because he's tall :)

I just don't want to mortgage the farm like Washington did for RG3 on draft day. So with a higher pick it would help on that greatly.

I hope so. I am a huge fan of Mason Rudolph as a prospect. So I will be down with that, but I don't want to say much because if he doesn't turn out then Ill have to hear about it for years to come.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no excuse for Orleans Darkwa to have his way with our defense. That isn't due to not being able to prepare for a team. He has been in the league for 3 years. He has been a special teamer and backup RB for all of those years. He has run the ball before. It isn't like this was Saquon Barkley coming straight out of college not knowing what to expect of him as an NFLer and he randomly shows up on their door step and stomps all over us. There were some holes the size or Paris Hilton's out there on Sunday night and there is no excuse for that.

Think about it. Where does Denver pay it's defensive playmakers? If a team is running then that money is neutralized like Manning throwing 7 times in the 2nd half. Furthermore, 4 turnovers in 5 games is not good enough for a defense that wants to be recognized as the best.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evaluating QBs is a crap shoot anyways. Mike Shanahan and Ron Wolf were good at it . Otherwise can't think of too many that have had success picking QBs in the draft unless you are picking top 8ish.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't hate on the defense against the giants. Half those points are from offensive turnovers and the giants D outscored the broncos offense. Same shit as last year. Offense can't handle their business.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Osweiler, was I the only one actually hoping that they would just leave him in to see what he could do?

Seriously? All I could think when he came in the game was...

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? All I could think when he came in the game was...

Michael-scott-no-god-no.gif

I was thinking, "Fuck it. He's probably not going to play worse than Siemian is right now. Roll the dice, because otherwise we're losing this game."

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking, "Fuck it. He's probably not going to play worse than Siemian is right now. Roll the dice, because otherwise we're losing this game."

You've never seen Brock Osweiler play QB, have you?