• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Omar's Top 100 Movies of All Time

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much all the super hero movies.

Horrible Bosses at 21 is silly.

This is the End at 32 is silly.

Looper even being on the list is silly.

Harry Potter.

Unless I missed a title that's the greatest comedy of all time you're talking about :wink:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I missed a title that's the greatest comedy of all time you're talking about :wink:
Holy shit, you are right.

That does not belong even in the brainstorm portion of putting a top 100 together, let alone at 21 and as the best comedy movie ever made.

The only thing that makes any sense is that Omar simply has not seen very many movies. No Caddyshack. No Stripes. No Blues Brothers. No Austin Powers. No Team America. No Hangover. No Airplane. No Holy Grail. No It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I am not sure all these would make my top 100, but they are all CLEARLY better than Horrible Bosses.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, especially considering the "You Blew It" scene. I actually haven't seen the movie, but that scene is fucking classic. But that's De Niro post-1990. I only now watch and thoroughly enjoy 1990 and pre-1990 De Niro*

*Heat being the one exception. He was great in that movie (just 3/5 overall though)
You should check it out. No crazy plot twists are groundbreaking stuff. Just a standard good cops, bad cops movie. I like Ray Liotta, but only if he is a criminal or a cop. Any other role for him is just goofy. And most movies with Harvey Keitel are good.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check it out. No crazy plot twists are groundbreaking stuff. Just a standard good cops, bad cops movie. I like Ray Liotta, but only if he is a criminal or a cop. Any other role for him is just goofy. And most movies with Harvey Keitel are good.
Word

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That does not belong even in the brainstorm portion of putting a top 100 together, let alone at 21 and as the best comedy movie ever made.

The only thing that makes any sense is that Omar simply has not seen very many movies. No Caddyshack. No Stripes. No Blues Brothers. No Austin Powers. No Team America. No Hangover. No Airplane. No Holy Grail. No It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I am not sure all these would make my top 100, but they are all CLEARLY better than Horrible Bosses.
I saw Caddyshack and Stripes when I was 7 or 8, so I can't possibly rate or review them. I will say though that Stripes was like my favorite movie for a whole year (I also loved Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, which I saw before Stripes. It was the first movie I ever remember getting on DVD (back when VHS's were popular. I'm sure you know what I mean.) Anyway, I wasn't allowed to watch the scene where Steve Martin curses out the lady all the times I saw it on TV with my dad, even though it was censored lol, but when I got it on DVD, I snuck it one time and was amazed).

I've seen The Hangover; 4/5 stars, but forgot to put it on the list. I haven't seen the rest of the movies you mentioned. But I will say that for all you and TODragon want to laugh about Horrible Bosses being my favorite comedy (a very funny movie in its own right), if there were message boards in the '70s and '80s, some assholes from the '40s and '50s would be laughing at you for not seeing comedy x, y, and z from their day. We're all a products of our times. I have seen and rated a lot of movies, as evidenced from my list, but comedies; not one of my favorite genres, from the '70s and '80s; decades I never lived in, are lacking. So are comedies from the '20s, '30s, '40s, '50s, and so on. Where are the Buster Keaton films? Silent films? Not to be seen, because I didn't live in those areas, have a constricted amount of time, and would rather spend the time I do have watching more recent movies, particularly dramas, that I enjoy more.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cave Johnson's Top 5:

1. Dirty Work
2. Half Baked
3. Dumb and Dumberer
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. The Aristocrats
And @beardown07 gives me shit for my list, when this nig/ga has Dumb and fucking Dumber third

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also on my list of Ray Liotta bad cop movies is "Phoenix". It probably got terrible reviews, yet I was entertained.
What happened to Liotta? Now he always plays the old grandfather gangster/cop, like in The Iceman (3.5/5 stars) and The Place Beyond The Pines (2/5 stars). Even in Blow (2/5 stars), which was made in like 2001, he played Johnny Depp's father. WTF

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Liotta? Now he always plays the old grandfather gangster/cop, like in The Iceman (3.5/5 stars) and The Place Beyond The Pines (2/5 stars). Even in Blow (2/5 stars), which was made in like 2001, he played Johnny Depp's father. WTF
I guess he didn't age well. A lot of actors play the roles of guys in their 40's well into their 60 and 70s. Apparently Ray Liotta can't pull it off any more.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list is so gay, it should be scrap-booked and the the pages laminated in semen.

:happy:

Lots of penis imagery in your posts lately bd. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of penis imagery in your posts lately bd. Not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that!
Hey @Cedrique. This asshole's stealing our shtick!!! It's time for me and you to hire that friend I was talking about
500px-The_Wire_-_S3EP11_PPK2.jpg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Cave should not usually be taken seriously. I think anyway. It's humor.
I thought that, but then he put Shawshank Redemption fourth or whatever. Seems like he was being serious, but I could be wrong

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Caddyshack and Stripes when I was 7 or 8, so I can't possibly rate or review them. I will say though that Stripes was like my favorite movie for a whole year (I also loved Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, which I saw before Stripes. It was the first movie I ever remember getting on DVD (back when VHS's were popular. I'm sure you know what I mean.) Anyway, I wasn't allowed to watch the scene where Steve Martin curses out the lady all the times I saw it on TV with my dad, even though it was censored lol, but when I got it on DVD, I snuck it one time and was amazed).

I've seen The Hangover; 4/5 stars, but forgot to put it on the list. I haven't seen the rest of the movies you mentioned. But I will say that for all you and TODragon want to laugh about Horrible Bosses being my favorite comedy (a very funny movie in its own right), if there were message boards in the '70s and '80s, some assholes from the '40s and '50s would be laughing at you for not seeing comedy x, y, and z from their day. We're all a products of our times. I have seen and rated a lot of movies, as evidenced from my list, but comedies; not one of my favorite genres, from the '70s and '80s; decades I never lived in, are lacking. So are comedies from the '20s, '30s, '40s, '50s, and so on. Where are the Buster Keaton films? Silent films? Not to be seen, because I didn't live in those areas, have a constricted amount of time, and would rather spend the time I do have watching more recent movies, particularly dramas, that I enjoy more.
All fair points. But that doesn't go against my points (1- you haven't seen the true classics and 2 - rating Horrible Bosses as the best comedy ever is unforgivable)

Yes, I like comedies form the 70s and 80s because I am a product of those decades. But those are movies that cross generations. Holy Grail and Animal House in particular (Stripes, in all fairness, for example, was quite sub-par once they got to Europe). I am also able to appreciate older comedies (It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Bank Dick just to name a couple). And to rate Horrible Bosses over recent fare such as Hangover, Ted, Borat, Tropic Thunder, etc? The only excuse for rating that movie so high is lack of viewing experience.

And I a man not saying HB was a bad movie. It was OK. It just does not belong as the best comedy.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @Cedrique. This asshole's stealing our shtick!!! It's time for me and you to hire that friend I was talking about
500px-The_Wire_-_S3EP11_PPK2.jpg
Great, now I'm going to be trying all day to figure out who that guy is. I'm thinking maybe it is from The Wire

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points. But that doesn't go against my points (1- you haven't seen the true classics and 2 - rating Horrible Bosses as the best comedy ever is unforgivable)

Yes, I like comedies form the 70s and 80s because I am a product of those decades. But those are movies that cross generations. Holy Grail and Animal House in particular (Stripes, in all fairness, for example, was quite sub-par once they got to Europe). I am also able to appreciate older comedies (It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, The Bank Dick just to name a couple). And to rate Horrible Bosses over recent fare such as Hangover, Ted, Borat, Tropic Thunder, etc? The only excuse for rating that movie so high is lack of viewing experience.

And I a man not saying HB was a bad movie. It was OK. It just does not belong as the best comedy.
I guess, but I truly did enjoy HB a lot more than Hangover, Ted, and Tropic Thunder. Haven't seen Borat. That's what I love about movie ratings- they're based on a subjective amount of enjoyment, and have nothing to do (at least for me) with how much other people liked them, their score on RT, how many Oscar's they won, how they've impacted society, etc. If they did any of those things, GREAT, more power to them, but it doesn't change how much I like them.

I loved Horrible Bosses and cracked up nearly every scene. To me, it's a 4.5/5 star movie, and the best comedy I've seen. Probably not the best comedy I'll ever see, but the best one yet. Hell, if I thought Bad Grandpa was hilarious I would have no qualms putting it at 21 or whatever I put HB at.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, now I'm going to be trying all day to figure out who that guy is. I'm thinking maybe it is from The Wire
Brother Mouzone. Known mainly for pairing up with one of the best characters in television history (Omar) to kill THE best character in TV history (Stringer Bell)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right. Stripes is a glaring omission

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word!

EDIT: Nevermind