• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ole Miss QB Shae Patterson transferring to MI?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who transfers first, Peters or McCaffery?
Who knows. We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldn't be shocked. My guess is that one will have to lose the job first. If Peters loses out, I wouldn't expect him to stay. McCaffrey would still have two years of eligibility left if Patterson plays next year and the following. Also, don't forget, the NCAA hasn't cleared him to play this year. I'm still wondering if he transfers if the NCAA doesn't clear him.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. We'll see how it plays out, but I wouldn't be shocked. My guess is that one will have to lose the job first. If Peters loses out, I wouldn't expect him to stay. McCaffrey would still have two years of eligibility left if Patterson plays next year and the following. Also, don't forget, the NCAA hasn't cleared him to play this year. I'm still wondering if he transfers if the NCAA doesn't clear him.
Patterson doesn’t transfer there unless he was guaranteed the starting job.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No team is guaranteeing a starting job at QB. I think UM was his choice because they have zero experience at QB, his family has had season tickets to UM games and Harbaugh will be able to help him improve on anything he needs to get better on as a QB (from looking at his numbers — it’d be interceptions)

I think he is the most talented QB on the roster now, but going from Ole Miss’s offense to UM’s is about as different as you can get. I hope UM adjusts the offense to fit Patterson QB style and use his running and ability to improvise to our advantage.

I will say — Peters has a two year head start in learning the offense and even if he sits thisbyear behind Patterson — he’d have two years left as Patterson will be a one and done.

I’m excited that we will have a QB who can get outside the pocket and make plays downfield though — it should make the running game that much better.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is guaranteeing a starting job at QB. I think UM was his choice because they have zero experience at QB, his family has had season tickets to UM games and Harbaugh will be able to help him improve on anything he needs to get better on as a QB (from looking at his numbers — it’d be interceptions)

I think he is the most talented QB on the roster now, but going from Ole Miss’s offense to UM’s is about as different as you can get. I hope UM adjusts the offense to fit Patterson QB style and use his running and ability to improvise to our advantage.

I will say — Peters has a two year head start in learning the offense and even if he sits thisbyear behind Patterson — he’d have two years left as Patterson will be a one and done.

I’m excited that we will have a QB who can get outside the pocket and make plays downfield though — it should make the running game that much better.
The coaches first need to fix the offensive line or else his running ability will be to save his life rather than to get yards.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure that's true. But given that Harbaugh had Peters the 3rd QB on the list most of the year, I'm not sure about his ability to battle for that spot. But who knows. He had done some good things before getting injured. I think Patterson will be the favorite to get the job one way or another.....which is very good for us.

Getting the #1 QB in the class is always good, even if it's a couple years late. If he plays in 2018, Michigan all of a sudden becomes a team that can and should compete for the B10 title.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sure that's true. But given that Harbaugh had Peters the 3rd QB on the list most of the year, I'm not sure about his ability to battle for that spot. But who knows. He had done some good things before getting injured. I think Patterson will be the favorite to get the job one way or another.....which is very good for us.

Getting the #1 QB in the class is always good, even if it's a couple years late. If he plays in 2018, Michigan all of a sudden becomes a team that can and should compete for the B10 title.
And if we can nab his receiver, that would be great as well. Or WR's were young last year and really showed it.

Not to mention I just saw this fly by my twitter feed:

Shea Patterson played in 7 games in 2017. He threw for 236 more yards than all three Michigan quarterbacks combined in 12 games.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan's whole program building is down to relying on getting transfers from other schools?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches first need to fix the offensive line or else his running ability will be to save his life rather than to get yards.

If he were coming over to play in the bowl game — I’d agree. Until next year — we can only make assumptions as we really don’t know what will be strengths and weaknesses for the team.

If the OL is struggles in pass pro — yes, his running will come in handy. I think if we add some RPO’s to what we already have in the offense, it will only help against the pass rush as they will have to respect his ability to run.

As I said though — who knows about next year until we see them on the field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were coming over to play in the bowl game — I’d agree. Until next year — we can only make assumptions as we really don’t know what will be strengths and weaknesses for the team.

If the OL is struggles in pass pro — yes, his running will come in handy. I think if we add some RPO’s to what we already have in the offense, it will only help against the pass rush as they will have to respect his ability to run.

As I said though — who knows about next year until we see them on the field.
Which is why I said that the offensive line needs to be fixed, you are losing arguably your best lineman from this year and was as much of a problem as the poor quarterback play because it led directly to your quarterback being on the run so much. Not many QBs are going to be successful when your offensive line has the stopping power of wet single ply toilet paper.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I said that the offensive line needs to be fixed, you are losing arguably your best lineman from this year and was as much of a problem as the poor quarterback play because it led directly to your quarterback being on the run so much. Not many QBs are going to be successful when your offensive line has the stopping power of wet single ply toilet paper.

Which is why I said — if he were coming over to play in the bowl game — I agree 100%.

You don’t know what you have next year, until they start playing. With Newsome coming back, guys like Filiaga and Ruiz taking over starting roles and Bredenson moving to tackle possibly. Pass Protect could be better and run blocking could be an issue. Too many moving parts on an OL to worry about one year to the next until you see the product on the field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I said — if he were coming over to play in the bowl game — I agree 100%.

You don’t know what you have next year, until they start playing. With Newsome coming back, guys like Filiaga and Ruiz taking over starting roles and Bredenson moving to tackle possibly. Pass Protect could be better and run blocking could be an issue. Too many moving parts on an OL to worry about one year to the next until you see the product on the field.
I get that, but you do realize that the coaching staff will be looking at what happened this year to find where they need to focus on improvements or do you think they burn everything on January 2nd? That’s like saying the don’t know what the offense looks like until game day and don’t try to make improvements during the week to week?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but you do realize that the coaching staff will be looking at what happened this year to find where they need to focus on improvements or do you think they burn everything on January 2nd? That’s like saying the don’t know what the offense looks like until game day and don’t try to make improvements during the week to week?

Every team will be looking to make improvements in every aspect on a year to year basis. If we were returning the same 5 guys on the OL, I’d say, they really need to work on their pass pro assignments. We will have at least two different starters and one of the starters returning may be moving to guard to tackle. Another guy who saw action at guard will be the center. So we won’t know what the strengths or weaknesses of the line will be until they get in game action.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team will be looking to make improvements in every aspect on a year to year basis. If we were returning the same 5 guys on the OL, I’d say, they really need to work on their pass pro assignments. We will have at least two different starters and one of the starters returning may be moving to guard to tackle. Another guy who saw action at guard will be the center. So we won’t know what the strengths or weaknesses of the line will be until they get in game action.
Michigan has a tough SoS last year and it looks like it is only going to get tougher next year.
Notre Dame > Florida
Western Michigan > Cincinnati
SMU > Air Force
Northwestern > Purdue
Nebraska < Minnesota

Who knows what Northwestern will be next year and Purdue saw a serious change this year.
Minnesota won big this year but Nebraska gets a new coach and they usually are respectable.

One major plus for Michigan is they are young. Penn State will be losing Barkley and McSorley so I expect them to take a step back. Michigan has MSU and OSU on the road which is not ideal. And how the fuck do you guys get Wisconsin three straight years?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan's whole program building is down to relying on getting transfers from other schools?
Ohio St has ever had a player transfer in? If I am not mistaken (and I am not), wasn't the 2017 Heisman Trophy winner also a transfer?