• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ole Miss dirty

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a link for that? I don't remember a thread defending Mississippi's recruiting tactics.

It was a thread about Mississippi, but he talked about Michigan the entire time.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a link for that? I don't remember a thread defending Mississippi's recruiting tactics.
Ole Miss is getting ready to sign their THIRD 5* lol
My first post:

"It's going to come out in a couple years that some booster has been paying kids. No one's ever going to convince me that this many five star kids are just randomly committing to a bad school, with a mediocre football program with an OK head coach.

It just looks funny for them to have a class with like 14 three star kids, like 4 four star kids and 3 five stars. There just has to be something fishy going on there."

Then people started attacking Michigan because I was attacking another program. I started getting shit from all over:

ND fan:

"Freeze has been to as many BCS/New Years 6 games in the last 2 years as Michigan has been to in the last decade."

Texas Fan @Lance Armstrong :

"Ole miss is coming of a sugar bowl win and the #1 recruiting class. So moving forward, Ole miss is clearly winning that battle vs Michigan."
------------------------------
I tried to maintain course,

"I still maintain there's no way that much talent is ending up there without booster help."
And still I got shit, ND fan @ericd7633 :

"Until there is any evidence of wrong doing people really need to STFU about Ole Miss reeling in all this talent. Maybe Freeze is just a really good recruiter? I mean he has pulled in a top 25 class three consecutive years. He's surrounded by talent(Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, Texas), is in the best conference, and has proven to be a good coach. Let's not forget he took over a team that was 2-10 and three years later they were playing in a New Years 6 bowl. Pretty remarkable given the conference and division he's in."

And @Rolltide94

"Apparently it's only allowed to happen at Michigan...

How is Michigan able to pull all these recruits...they've clearly not been nationally relevant in decades. Their conference has a reputation for chocking away the big ones. They have a coach has a reputation for being an abrasive dick..

Surely no Michigan boosters could be paying their players, no way that could happen at a school like Michigan, why would they do that when the school is so naturally appealing...cough cough Ed Martin cough."

And that went on for 15 pages. People trying to say that connections to current recruits and other BS lead to great classes. And now we know the truth.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a thread about Mississippi, but he talked about Michigan the entire time.
See post above. The only reason I even mentioned Michigan was because posters couldn't handle my comment about Ole Miss without trying to compare Michigan. Don't try and make it seem like I went in there with intentions of somehow bragging about Michigan. I tried multiple times to keep the conversation on topic, unfortunately this board can't seem to stay on a topic with out trying to bash the team of the poster making an actual point.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post above. The only reason I even mentioned Michigan was because posters couldn't handle my comment about Ole Miss without trying to compare Michigan. Don't try and make it seem like I went in there with intentions of somehow bragging about Michigan. I tried multiple times to keep the conversation on topic, unfortunately this board can't seem to stay on a topic with out trying to bash the team of the poster making an actual point.
Fuck Michigan.

:happy:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I see is you comparing Michigan to Ole Miss saying Michigan had more to offer Ole Miss. Maybe someone mentioned Ole Miss was better than Michigan to start with, but it was 15 pages of you defending Michigan.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I see is you comparing Michigan to Ole Miss saying Michigan had more to offer Ole Miss. Maybe someone mentioned Ole Miss was better than Michigan to start with, but it was 15 pages of you defending Michigan.
Then I'd suggest your reading comprehension needs some work, especially since I quoted the start of the conversation above.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'd suggest your reading comprehension needs some work, especially since I quoted the start of the conversation above.

Funny.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending Michigan, in context of Ole Miss. As mentioned, I attempted to bring the conversation back to Ole Miss many times.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't go from 6-6 one year to being the #5 ranked team in recruiting, especially Ole Miss.
Hell it's bad enough Alabama forced their defensive line coach to quit for recruiting violations but Ole Miss could be investigated by the NCAA.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't go from 6-6 one year to being the #5 ranked team in recruiting, especially Ole Miss.
Hell it's bad enough Alabama forced their defensive line coach to quit for recruiting violations but Ole Miss could be investigated by the NCAA.
Um . . Ole Miss is being investigated by the NCAA (or at least the investigation is process is going on - I think they already got their NOA) and Alabama will have something with the NCAA too. I don't expect Alabama's situation to amount to anything *based on precedent of some guy at Florida who did basically the same thing), but Alabama will end up having to cop to (a) Level II infraction(s) at the very least.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are talking about who pointed it out first that Ole Miss could be in trouble. Well I thought it three years ago when Threadwell from Illinois picked Ole Miss. Ole Miss gets zero press in Illinois. Most of the players from Illinois would not know Ole Miss from Mississippi State.

The thing I pointed to friends was that something was not right when all these top players were going there.
I don't know what Threadwell's academics were like, but his ability could have gotten him into any school in the country including Notre Dame, Stanford, all the Big Ten, all the SEC, all the ACC and all the Pac 10. And he picks Ole Miss???

Now Freese is shocked, shocked that such a thing was going in his program.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just got a commit from some kid that has never been there or seen the campus. He had a top 3 of schools that he's actually visited, and 2 hours before he committed he said personally that he was heavily leaning to Texas. Then out of the blue he commits to Ole Miss, a program that he hadn't even been in contact with previously?

Yeah I don't even think they're trying to hide the fact they're dirty. Kids aren't just sitting by the phone waiting and pining away for an Ole Miss offer.