• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Tulane / ABC

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way this OU team is the 2nd best team in the country.
These rankings are wacky. Just give only Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia a number next to their name. The rest TBD.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few observations about the game yesterday.

1. As mentioned above the defense rotated a LOT in that game. Not sure what Grinch had in mind but thinking, maybe the starting positions are still fluid or he was experimenting with his depth in positions and getting non starters some playing time on top of it? I saw a lot of blown coverages ( particularly early in the game. And lets be fair, that Tulane QB kept taking shot after shot and kept on grinding and making some passes that were just perfect even though coverage on the receiver was good.

2. Offense. Rattler was off yesterday. I think at least some of it was just him buying the hype. He overthrew balls yesterday that he would have last year and got two interceptions for his trouble. He seemed to do better rolling out than in the pocket. Not sure if the O line has gelled yet either. Top it off with there was almost no run game either (just like early last year).

Overall, OU just looked out if sync. They need more reps and it think we will see what we were seeing at the end of last year, a well oiled machine.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln Riley, I've always like him, never had any issues, but he was acting like a bitch this weekend.

I get he's in a bad mood about losing, but you've got to do better handling that post game interview.

He's pissed that Baylor fans were excited and ran on the field. dude. you have to understand why........ it was an upset.

and irked about the tacked on FG....... again........... Linc......... how many times have you run up the score on an opponent?? plus this had to do with head to head style points that might come up later with ties..........

just STFU and take it like a man........