• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma State Running Back Chubba Hubbard is triggered, not gonna play this year I guess

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy has the right to wear whatever he wants, but that doesn’t make this a reasonable choice. It isn’t about politics. It is about sales. You should probably be aware of the current environment of your target demographic, for that reason I think Gundy made an error. There is no reason to argue politics, when economics and logic should have told him to be wary
I get what you are saying. I didn't hire a guy for a sales position once because he had colored tattoos on his arms with fetuses in jars. I didn't think that would play well with all audiences.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you think Chubba should have gone directly to Gundy and said something like "Coach, I have a problem with you wearing a t-shirt representing a group like that. Let me explain why I have a problem with that......"

Man, board ref, you're expectations of people nowadays is just so unreasonable. That requires way to much maturity for social mediaites.

Huh? Maturity & social media (ites) in the SAME sentence? :heh:

dontarguewithpeopleonsocialmedia.png

Just laugh and keep it moving... most are completely sleep walking through their own life anyway. Take nothing seriously on "social" media". 99% of people on there are very fake anyway...

Just keep plenty of popcorn :pop2: at the ready! :nod:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking News: Chubba Hubbard will not play in any games televised on Fox Sports.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying. I didn't hire a guy for a sales position once because he had colored tattoos on his arms with fetuses in jars. I didn't think that would play well with all audiences.

What I really love about this story and morons jumping to Gundy’s defense is the fact that he fired a contractor for wearing a OU t-shirt on his property. So he is well aware that how you dress can affect your business.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I really love about this story and morons jumping to Gundy’s defense is the fact that he fired a contractor for wearing a OU t-shirt on his property. So he is well aware that how you dress can affect your business.
Someone else said that it was brick layer and he used multi-colored bricks to form the OU symbol. If true he probably should have been executed.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i said it is a free country but that doesnt mean you cant have consequences from your actions. declaring its a free country every time you say or do something doesn't mean you can do or say anything.
Like I said it’s not a free country anymore use to be if you didn’t like something someone says or does you just ignored them. Now we verbally and sometimes physical attack them

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A political stand? Are you fucking kidding me? Since Gundy wore a shirt with the wrong letters (it didn't say BLM) what statue has to be removed now? I'm dying to fucking know. Oh, I can't wait.

Also, all Ronald McDonald statues and shit should come down because there was a slave owner by the name of.....oh, let's say Cletus McDonald and it's just a slap in the face to (ENTER SOME SORT OF BULLSHIT GROUP HERE). That way, the bleeding heart liberal media will get a hard on.

KNIBB-HIGH-225.jpg

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gottlieb is kinda an ass, so i'll believe it once i hear it from someone else.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said it’s not a free country anymore use to be if you didn’t like something someone says or does you just ignored them. Now we verbally and sometimes physical attack them
Really? if you didnt like what someone had to say you just ignored them? So why was John Lennon killed? Martin Luther king JR? Gandhi?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gottlieb is kinda an ass, so i'll believe it once i hear it from someone else.

People on all sides of this race thing better wise up or they're going to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Tweak some things that deserve to be changed so everyone feels comfortable? Of course; it's way past due. But trying to change the DNA of college football will destroy the game as we know it. And the destruction won't take decades; it will only take a few years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? if you didnt like what someone had to say you just ignored them? So why was John Lennon killed? Martin Luther king JR? Gandhi?
Really you equate this to Lennon, MLK and Ghandi. Grundy wearing an F’n t-shirt is an ignore moment not a blow it all out of proportion moment

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really you equate this to Lennon, MLK and Ghandi. Grundy wearing an F’n t-shirt is an ignore moment not a blow it all out of proportion moment
pretty sure political views and disagreements were involved in all cases.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hubbard should absolutely be able to say whatever he pleases. I do think it is fucking stupid, but that is besides the point. I also think that if he doesn't want to play, he doesn't have to. Revoke his scholarship and put him out, end of story.

I do question this though. Seems a bit over the top to proclaim such offense. I wonder if someone paid him lol.