• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma State Running Back Chubba Hubbard is triggered, not gonna play this year I guess

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop being Social Media tough guys, and discuss their problems with people directly. If you have a relationship with a person, why don’t you address them?
So, you think Chubba should have gone directly to Gundy and said something like "Coach, I have a problem with you wearing a t-shirt representing a group like that. Let me explain why I have a problem with that......"

Man, board ref, you're expectations of people nowadays is just so unreasonable. That requires way to much maturity for social mediaites.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the hypocrisy...

OK St player wants his right to free speech and expression right? But apparently those rights are not extended to others when they don't agree with them.

Gundy should have the right wear whatever he wants on his own time. Yes, I know he is kinda out there, but he should still have the right.

How many instagram/twitter/snapchat pictures do we see of athletes throwing fake gang signs, drug references and images, inappropriate language and the like?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy has/had the right to wear an OAN tee shirt. But as we saw yesterday, it comes with consequences.

OAN as much as some would like to be, isn't the left version of CNN..

Its prime time political talk shows have a conservative perspective, and the channel regularly features pro-Donald Trump stories.[10][11] The channel described itself as one of the "greatest supporters" of Trump, [12] and Trump has repeatedly promoted the network.[3] The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.[3][13][14]

take a look on wiki if you have some time and want to see the wild conspiracies they air.

So essentially it is faux outrage then?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free country sure and with that comes consequences. losing his top offensive weapon. kids who dont want to play for him could impact future recruits opinions. start losing games gets fired.
I agree with you on this. It has a snowball affect.

While I think the player in question is overreacting and being a hypocrite, logic and common sense are not doing very well right now

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I have said about the prospect of college athletes getting paid, no one is forcing you to play! If you don't like the school, coach, system? Go home

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so wait its ok for players to mass register to vote but a player taking a political stand is makes him triggered or a lil bitch? yeah ok
Ok, so following this logic....

What if Gundy is taking a political stand?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I have said about the prospect of college athletes getting paid, no one is forcing you to play! If you don't like the school, coach, system? Go home
LOL.. Colleges will be BEGGING those elite kids to comeback.. but hey you can have a roster of 2 star die hards you can cheer for every week

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. Colleges will be BEGGING those elite kids to comeback.. but hey you can have a roster of 2 star die hards you can cheer for every week
You are missing the point. If athletes think they are being oppressed or used and abused they have the freedom to walk away at anytime. Until someone can produce evidence to me that they were forced to play I will keep this opinion

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing the point. If athletes think they are being oppressed or used and abused they have the freedom to walk away at anytime. Until someone can produce evidence to me that they were forced to play I will keep this opinion
It's not about being forced to play.. But I like how it's shut up and play..u got your scholarship, don't worry about the 40/50 plus million we make in TV money off of you.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about being forced to play.. But I like how it's shut up and play..u got your scholarship, don't worry about the 40/50 plus million we make in TV money off of you.
Again, you are using your preconceived bias. They are getting a free education, free healthcare, free academic services, food, clothes hell I could list a thousand things. But you can't tell me that they didn't know how this thing worked before signing their LOI. A scholarship is a contract. They play for the school who in turn compensates them with a scholarship.

However my initial point is...if an athlete doesn't like where they are? Leave. Like you said yourself, there are other schools that will take them.

No college athlete is oppressed

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever use a stopwatch to time how long it took that stuff to melt a grape slush?

Dyess AFB, huh? Born and raised in that neck of the woods.

Spent 3.3 years assigned there. Maybe spent about half that time actually “there”. Being in a MAC outfit had its perks.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk azz bitch will play.
He's just like all the assholes who said they would move to Canada if/when Trump won the election.
Guess what,?.....not 1 mutha fucker left, which is too bad cuz the country would have been better off had they all left.
He'll play, along with all the Texas players who said they won't play either.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk azz bitch will play.
He's just like all the assholes who said they would move to Canada if/when Trump won the election.
Guess what,?.....not 1 mutha fucker left, which is too bad cuz the country would have been better off had they all left.
He'll play, along with all the Texas players who said they won't play either.
of course they will play, changes are coming to UT

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so following this logic....

What if Gundy is taking a political stand?
thats fine but i would have actually argued a point if people were calling him triggered or a lil bitch too.