• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OKLAHOMA once again renovates

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it funny he's still pissed at me for rebutting another poster when they thought it was the
"middle of summer" when we were only 5 days in.

I find it even funnier how he changed it to the "middle of summer break".

I really don't know anybody who uses to the Gregorian calendar summer solstice as the beginning of summer in their lives.

Everybody I know when speaking of summer is referring to the time that students aren't in school. I.E. Late May/Early June through Late August/Early September.

People who refer to the summer solstice specifically are the ones who specify. They'll say "Tomorrow's the first day of real summer." or something of that nature.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University-of-Oklahoma-Norman-Campus-35623A69.jpg

Bowl_01.jpg

About time, lol at your stadium not being bowl shaped all these years.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm delighted we are finally making the stadium a complete bowl but there is one thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere that's going to be talked about a lot when the renovations are completed: some games in September and October are hotter than hell, especially for the fans in the north end zone seats because they have the sun beating directly down on them. The wind can get into the stadium now with the big open areas in the south end zone. When those are closed in it's going to be a brutal SOB inside that stadium when it's 100 degrees or more and no wind. Brutal. But that probably will also affect the visiting teams when the heat index is sky high at kickoff so maybe we can use it to our advantage.