• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OKC @ MIA

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think MIA si going to shoot 15% on 3p while allowing 59% on 27 3p shots in a finals series?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was up 22-4 and got whipped? lmao

Exactly. No question who the better team was tonight and that was without a top 6 or 7 player in the league.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think MIA si going to shoot 15% on 3p while allowing 59% on 27 3p shots in a finals series?

Defense, defense, defense.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn't look like it when Indiana came to OKC a few weeks ago.

Didn't look like it when the Suns dropped 124 on them a week ago either. Must be because they beat up on the weak ass Eastern conference.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think MIA comes out of the east.

Perkins is more than capable on that team to stay in the paint and do his thing.

Your showing ignorance there, Botslayer.

PERK IS DONE!

He wasn't able to guard quick people even before his leg injuries got as serious as they are now.

Broad-shouldered ones he could guard, but quick people only in his dreams.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perk can still make guys like Howard look bad but there aren't many left around like that anymore. He will play a lot against Indiana but should not play at all against Miami.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will probably be closer than today's game was, but still a Thunder series win.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be closer than today's game was, but still a Thunder series win.

Unless we see MIA able to field a line up that makes OKC play with Perk on the court* I can not argue that.

*Oden/Anderson...Bosh never leaves the PF spot

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your showing ignorance there, Botslayer.

PERK IS DONE!

He wasn't able to guard quick people even before his leg injuries got as serious as they are now.

Broad-shouldered ones he could guard, but quick people only in his dreams.

I am not talking about today, I am talking about the prior 2 years. This year is the transition period before Adams is developed enough to start. He already plays more minutes.

But still, how much do you think they need from Perkins if their lineup has Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka in it?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not talking about today, I am talking about the prior 2 years. This year is the transition period before Adams is developed enough to start. He already plays more minutes.

But still, how much do you think they need from Perkins if their lineup has Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka in it?

Why even talk about Harden? I mean seriously, it was not sustainable. They chose Ibaka and I agree it was the right move, the whole defense is built around him. Durant proving right now all he needs is some role players around him on offense just like a guy named Michael did.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But still, how much do you think they need from Perkins if their lineup has Westbrook, Harden, Durant and Ibaka in
?

The only reason OKC took Perkins to begin with was that the center they had before him was a nothingburger in his best years.

Ainge wanted to get Jeff Green back and was willing to eat a contract or two to accomplish it. And in the process he unloaded someone he knew had legs much worse than most people Perkins' age at the time of the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason OKC took Perkins to begin with was that the center they had before him was a nothingburger in his best years.

Ainge wanted to get Jeff Green back and was willing to eat a contract or two to accomplish it. And in the process he unloaded someone he knew had legs much worse than most people Perkins' age at the time of the deal.

Yeah...

Was that before or after the Celtics cried to the NBA about Green's heart defect? Not that the loss of a pick hurt OKC.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Ainge's predecessor in the GM job who traded Green away.

With my non-photographic memory I could be wrong about that but believe it was the case.

Ainge wanted to correct someone else's mistake and manged to do it is my theory.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even talk about Harden? I mean seriously, it was not sustainable. They chose Ibaka and I agree it was the right move, the whole defense is built around him. Durant proving right now all he needs is some role players around him on offense just like a guy named Michael did.

Don't you blaspheme up in here!!! MJ played 1 on 5 with 1 arm tied behind his back after shoveling snow up hill both ways the entire way to the stadium...luckily Nike was sponsoring him so he could at least wear shoes.

By sustainable I assume you mean Harden's play or the ability for them to pay that money? Either way it was and is sustainable, just like the IND owner could go into the luxury if winning rings was their #1 concern. Rings bring in a lot of money but I have a belief that small market owners are risk averse for a number of reasons. LAL have a ridiculous TV contract that give them any monetary ability they can manage to use. MIA was in the red in 2011 after losing the finals but has made money both years since.

Last edited by a moderator: