• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okay, i admit it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta push back. It wasn't the losing. It was how they were losing. The scandals, etc......

We lost for the most part throughout the 90s. How bad was the Petitbon year in 93. I get that that was our first down year, but for the most part the 90s were a train wreak and FedEx was still packed. It took a while but now everyone sees Snyder for who he really is.

Sure but winning or consistently winning will bring fans back. You said yourself if we go 3-0 you are buying gear.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but winning or consistently winning will bring fans back. You said yourself if we go 3-0 you are buying gear.
I'm eventually gonna buy something Commanders as more of a collectable. Winning consistently will definitely bring most everyone back. If they can string together four seasons of say 11, 12, 10, and 12 wins with a NFC Championship appearance, FEDEX will be packed again. I agree with you there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are just proving my argument that I had with two other posters on here. They said wining wouldn't matter and fans will reject the team name and not buy any new gear. I agree most of the area went to be Ravens fans b/c of their success they had in the last 20 years. They left b/c the Ravens were winning and the Redskins were losing. Posters on here don't get that.

IF we start winning as the Commanders it will bring back fans new and old.
winning will not change it dude solely

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington team has been bad for 30 years, the Ravens have been mostly good including 2 SBs for 20+ years. A lot of people have changed to Ravens fans. Especially younger ones. For many of us the distance is about the same traveling distance to Baltimore or Washington. Western MD is mostly Pittsburgh fans.

I have been rooting for the Redskins for close to 50 years ... not going to change now.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta push back. It wasn't the losing. It was how they were losing. The scandals, etc......

We lost for the most part throughout the 90s. How bad was the Petitbon year in 93. I get that that was our first down year, but for the most part the 90s were a train wreak and FedEx was still packed. It took a while but now everyone sees Snyder for who he really is.
Correct. We won the division in 2020, yet, we fell to nearly dead last in the NFL in fan attendance in 2021. The theory that "winning" will bring back the WSH fans was disproven at that point. The scandals and Snyder bear a good portion of that blame as 2021 brought to light the Snyder scandal. This has been beaten to death and the data shows it.

Not to mention, the stadium itself is a dump. Fans and players could have been severely injured last year with the collapse. I am not sure we will EVER see the fanbase back like it was. The damage is already done. Until Snyder is gone, we will more than likely be in the bottom 10. We can "hope" and have "faith" all we want but the numbers do not lie.

Here is another study that puts to bed the whole "winning" cures everything non-sense.

After overcoming controversy in 2020 that resulted in a name change, The Washington Football Team faced another scandal in October. The US House of Representatives investigated the team after former employees came forward alleging a toxic workplace, including sexual harassment and racism. Many Washington fans stopped supporting the team, calling the situation disgusting and shameful.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name change definitely hurt too. I miss seeing that uniform out there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Baltimore fan ... team or city. However, they have a nicer stadium, better owner and better team.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name change definitely hurt too. I miss seeing that uniform out there.
We currently rank #111 out of 121 American pro-sports teams for loyalty. We are literally one of the least supported teams in all of American pro sports. As I have said a million times, Snyder is the main reason for this. Of course, the traffic, stadium, and general fan experience come in to play of course. The losing does NOT help the situation either. The studies and data point to Snyder as the main culprit with other issues falling behind.

But it's not just a personal experience. Cheering for a team gives fans the opportunity to share the emotional roller-coaster that comes along with loving a sports team.

Washington Commanders fans have certainly been subjected to ups and downs over the years, and not just on the field. Team owner Daniel Snyder is currently under investigation for both sexual misconduct and for hiding team revenue from the league.

Does that have an effect on the loyalty of Commanders fans?

The website OLBG studied data surrounding 121 American professional sports team's attendance, ticket prices, and social media following. According to the study, Washington ranks No. 111 with a support index of 2.7. The Commanders drew 1.08 million fans in 2021 with an average attendance of 63,691. The Commanders boast just 100,000 Instagram followers.

By comparison, Washington's NFC East rivals fared much better. The New York Giants rank No. 23, the Philadelphia Eagles are No. 17, and the Dallas Cowboys are best in the division at No. 6 overall, and third only to the Kansas City Chiefs (No. 5 overall) and the New England Patriots (No. 2 overall) in the NFL.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a sense of hopeless now with the team based on Snyder owning it. I don't feel that way, but im sure a bunch of fans do.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna give Rivera one more year. He was battling cancer and snuck us into the playoffs. Last year the defense was horrid. He has a QB that can make all the throws and the easiest schedule in the league. If he doesn't get it done(9, 10 wins) I'll be right there with you on searching for a new coach.

That said, I don't think Rivera’s seat is even warm right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above data says it all dean . When the team was called redskins I could live with the ineptitude and I could gag having Snyder owning the team .

But the commies ( with Snyder ) represent the woke BS , and add to it the corruption of this organization it’s makes me just say no to any gear or support for Snyder .

I am actively contacting state reps from MD , VA. To actively campaign against any stadium deals as long as he is the owner .

So no dean simply winning a few games won’t change my mind especially since the owner said fuck you to my fandom and did what he did , followed by not allowing us fans more say in the name. Instead he lied about it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above data says it all dean . When the team was called redskins I could live with the ineptitude and I could gag having Snyder owning the team .

But the commies ( with Snyder ) represent the woke BS , and add to it the corruption of this organization it’s makes me just say no to any gear or support for Snyder .

I am actively contacting state reps from MD , VA. To actively campaign against any stadium deals as long as he is the owner .

So no dean simply winning a few games won’t change my mind especially since the owner said fuck you to my fandom and did what he did , followed by not allowing us fans more say in the name. Instead he lied about it

Im not saying you in general. If the team wins, gear will be sold. IF the Commanders are a consistent winner fans will return to the stadium. It looks like Synder is never leaving so you can contact all the politicians you want, Synder will get a stadium deal whether its VA or MD. Especially if the team shows its a consistent winner the money is too great for the politicians to say no to Synder on a stadium deal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying you in general. If the team wins, gear will be sold. IF the Commanders are a consistent winner fans will return to the stadium. It looks like Synder is never leaving so you can contact all the politicians you want, Synder will get a stadium deal whether its VA or MD. Especially if the team shows its a consistent winner the money is too great for the politicians to say no to Synder on a stadium deal.
I will and I would be worried he has to move to st Louis

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will and I would be worried he has to move to st Louis
He has been turned down in DC and Virginia is "on hold".

His only option is Delaware or Maryland at this point. Delaware makes zero sense. Maryland might be the only hope...or he moves the team.

"Consistent winning" isn't happening under Snyder....and especially Rivera. If we want a "winning coach", Rivera should be shown the door immediately. Snyder hasn't consistently won in over 20 years as owner. Why would this change now? Those who claim "change" is around the corner with a combo of Wentz and Rivera need to review stat books and their careers. There is NO evidence that suggests either one..or both of them will turn the team around. "Faith" and "hope" is NOT evidence. I posted several articles that show WHY the fans have bailed. Losing was NOT the main reason per studies and polls. It all comes down to Snyder.

A culture of winning will help. That being said, we have the wrong QB and coach to build a consistent winner. I have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Again, I posted what....6 or 7 articles/studies today. Perhaps I should post more data and more statistics. It's funny that I continue to post studies/polls/journals, yet, these are being disputed because it does not paint the team/organization in a good light.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. We won the division in 2020, yet, we fell to nearly dead last in the NFL in fan attendance in 2021. The theory that "winning" will bring back the WSH fans was disproven at that point. The scandals and Snyder bear a good portion of that blame as 2021 brought to light the Snyder scandal. This has been beaten to death and the data shows it.

Not to mention, the stadium itself is a dump. Fans and players could have been severely injured last year with the collapse. I am not sure we will EVER see the fanbase back like it was. The damage is already done. Until Snyder is gone, we will more than likely be in the bottom 10. We can "hope" and have "faith" all we want but the numbers do not lie.

Here is another study that puts to bed the whole "winning" cures everything non-sense.

After overcoming controversy in 2020 that resulted in a name change, The Washington Football Team faced another scandal in October. The US House of Representatives investigated the team after former employees came forward alleging a toxic workplace, including sexual harassment and racism. Many Washington fans stopped supporting the team, calling the situation disgusting and shameful.
In reality, no one wants to give a dime to Snyder, no one! Until he is gone, no amount of wins will change that perception or bring all the fans back.