• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OK that ticked me off....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 something seconds left with 3 time-outs you let Arizona milk the clock down to 3 seconds.... Then you use a time-out to freeze the kicker right as he kicks so he get's a practice kick ... Which he missed by the way... Then you lose the game and have no time left.... WTF kinda clock management was that ?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse was giving the ball to them on the wrong side of the 50 when all you need to do is run the clock down...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team outplayed AZ by a mile today. We lost because our coaching staff is, apparently, fucking retarded, and our QB is worthless and likes to just drop the ball without being hit.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, the coaching staff's failure in the last minute wasn't even close to their worst move/coaching of the game. How the fuck do you allow a Kicker to run for a TD against your when there is no reason to try to block a FG and nothing but down-side to allowing a fake FG?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team outplayed AZ by a mile today. We lost because our coaching staff is, apparently, fucking retarded, and our QB is worthless and likes to just drop the ball without being hit.

Arizona played shitty and UW's mistakes gave them every opportunity to stay in the game and win it. I didn't see anyone outplay anyone today.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies coach is a moron, sorry but he is. First off when AZ got their last 1st down he should have called a time out. and did so until out of them. This would have left 35-45 seconds on the clock AFTER the FG try. Also i never agree on "icing the kicker" because it seems to backfire more than it works. HOW MANY TIMES do we have to see a kicker miss only to get another shot at making it because of the STUPID time out call???

Also Peterson is a downgrade from Sark. Sure he had success at Boise but that team had more talent than 90% of the teams they played. Not hard to win when you play sub par talent. Not saying they shouldn't have hired him but saying that he shouldn't have been even their second choice.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona played shitty and UW's mistakes gave them every opportunity to stay in the game and win it. I didn't see anyone outplay anyone today.

If you cut Cyler Inches out of the game, they absolutely did outplay them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even worse was giving the ball to them on the wrong side of the 50 when all you need to do is run the clock down...

TRUE! I didn't even get into that... WTF... All they had to do was take a knee in the first place and run the clock out... Huskies coaching staff really failed these kids today.....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona was laying an egg all game long. They were gifting us a W, and we still found a way to lose. Just numb. :noidea:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what really sucks? I'm getting accustomed to this bullshit. UW led most the game, and never once did I feel good about it. I wasn't even shocked when they gave the ball away in the last minute and a half when they just needed to run the clock out. I wasn't expecting a win, but I think I would have rather seen Arizona win convincingly than see our team, from top to bottom, just fuck the game away.

And how frustrating is it to hear Petersen's excuse for running the unnecessary play that led to fumbling was "our play card dictated we run a play."? What the fuck is that? Edit the fucking play card. If the asshole in the booth is saying we need to run a play, take a second, think about the situation, fix it, and then strongly consider firing the guy suggesting you run a play.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the coaching staff cost them that game, or at least had the staff managed their play right they would have won.

Petersen worse than Sark? Jesus, talk about over reaction.

They should have just had Miles run around to burn some time and take the fall. Game over. They didn't.

Honestly both teams kind of sucked most of that game. Huskies had way too many penalties, turned the ball over 3 times? Can we get a center/QB exchange that is consistent please? It's painful to watch Miles go through his progressions. It really is. And you feel asleep twice on defense and gave up huge plays. You aren't going to win many games doing those things on the road.

Staff fucked up. No question. The icing the kicker thing? Well Petersen said he told the ref he was calling TO twice and the call just didn't go out. He had no intention of having them get to the line. Again, he just sits on that and lets the play go and UW wins that game.

Honestly, this team is so bad I'm just happy they showed up and played well enough for all of you to bitch about how they lost it. The D played well most of the day and the offense had it's best outing of the year, at least without Shaq on that side of the ball. They just can't keep having the fucking stupid penalties, shitty snaps of the ball, and the continued turnovers by Miles. Knock that shit off and play UW ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the coaching staff cost them that game, or at least had the staff managed their play right they would have won.

They should have just had Miles run around to burn some time and take the fall. Game over. They didn't.

Honestly both teams kind of sucked most of that game. Huskies had way too many penalties, turned the ball over 3 times? Can we get a center/QB exchange that is consistent please? It's painful to watch Miles go through his progressions. It really is. And you feel asleep twice on defense and gave up huge plays. You aren't going to win many games doing those things on the road.

Staff fucked up. No question. The icing the kicker thing? Well Petersen said he told the ref he was calling TO twice and the call just didn't go out. He had no intention of having them get to the line. Again, he just sits on that and lets the play go and UW wins that game.

Honestly, this team is so bad I'm just happy they showed up and played well enough for all of you to bitch about how they lost it. The D played well most of the day and the offense had it's best outing of the year, at least without Shaq on that side of the ball. They just can't keep having the fucking stupid penalties, shitty snaps of the ball, and the continued turnovers by Miles. Knock that shit off and play UW ball.

Still .... After everything, how does a coach not kneel the ball on 1st and 10 with a little over a minute left in the game with AZ only having one timeout..... Game was over...

tnerb57

Rams 50+ Club Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still .... After everything, how does a coach not kneel the ball on 1st and 10 with a little over a minute left in the game with AZ only having one timeout..... Game was over...

Give it a little time. You'll be very glad to have Coach Pete leading your team. Having an instant impact is a lot harder at this level than it was at BSU.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm just as annoyed as the next guy about some of the poor coaching decisions in the game. But seeing/hearing all the guys who are just absolutely turning on Petersen is laughable and a little embarrassing. I agree with most of what you said here. I've never bought into the whole 'that cost us the game' thing. As frustrating as the clock management was at the end, a game full of mistakes led to Arizona being able to take advantage of that one mistake.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was the most frustrating Huskies game I've ever watched.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_n1dffpNo4n1tnzl4to2_500.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team lost it's head coach, graduated a big part of their offense, threw the best WR off the team before spring camp, took their starting QB and sat his ass all spring and made him miss the first game, at one point lost ever RB they had to injury except the 3 time ACL guy, threw off their most talented player, and have had problems with the center position. Add that the QB isn't that great at throwing on top of all that time he missed with the team.

Oh, and throw in Smith and his play calls. :L

Did any of you really expect them to compete with the better teams through all of that? That they actually should have won that game was largely unexpected.

Still, that was the most complete effort from your offense this year. Maybe not in score, but against a team of that caliber on the road they put up 4 decent quarters. Yes, still with mistakes that make you shake your head, but it was still better than what they had been doing.

Still two games left and I'm more or less numb to caring what they do. Sad to say, but that's the truth. Win, lose, who really gives a fuck. Lost both and miss a bowl. All the same to me.

I can't wait to say goodbye to Miles as this teams QB. Hope he transfers honestly. Can't wait to get their RS tailback waiting in the wings. Can't wait to see if KJ is a legit QB. Can't wait to see what that secondary will look like with all those freshmen now with a full season under their belts. Can't wait to see if they can figure out how to hike the ball 60-100 times without putting it on the carpet. Can't wait to see if they learn how to throw down field.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still two games left and I'm more or less numb to caring what they do. Sad to say, but that's the truth. Win, lose, who really gives a fuck. Lost both and miss a bowl. All the same to me.

Can't say I blame you. I've had to force myself to care the past couple weeks even. Don't think it's going to be a packed stadium Saturday night.

I do hope they win these last two though. Making it to a bowl game is still important. It's worth more than our feelings about the state of things.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course going bowling is important to the team and obviously matters in recruiting, but right now outside of that I couldn't care less.

There is no one really to latch onto on this team. The QB sucks and after his BS around the SB no one likes or respects him in this town. There is no one on offense at all to rally behind. Think of one guy you give a shit about on that entire unit.