• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State week / game discussion thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things. First we all know but Barkley is on a level equal if not better than LSU Fournette, and given our OLine I would say better. I know the score has us losing by 28, but honestly we had every right to be in this game. Between Gesicki dropping a big play, and a stupid hold (not saying it wasn't at the time, but hindsight being we were held on multiple occasions it ends up being a BS call), and then Hack not getting Barkley in the flat late in the game hurts. Like an article I read state, we are right on the cusp of being a great team. I think once we get Bates, Jenkins, Menet, McGovern we will be rolling. Defense played pretty well. Sucks that Meyer finally became wise and started to use JT and Braxton more. Been saying for weeks they are better than Cardale. Can't wait to see them this week in Baltimore though. Nice 10 minute drive to the stadium :D

Also, LBU have you heard anything with Lavert, because it seemed as if he didn't decommit this weekend then we should be solid. You think he ends up staying? At this point from what I read seems Quinn is gone.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. OSU gets some calls as usual. That hold I could live with if they didn't turn blind eye on the exact same "hold" by OSU on their first TD and Nassib getting mugged on a key 3rd down on drive that stretched lead in second half for them when it should've been 3rd and 20. This team is very close to being very good, again, I have been pointing to 2016 since last year. This game made me feel much better about the rest of our schedule despite the loss. They are letting Donovan open up the book more, BArkley is a special talent and the line is getting better....I mean, they were facing the best player in college football last night and he was moving all over the places for matchups. I think the heat on Donovan is a product of Franklin being far more like Joe than anything. Keep it simple, win ugly till these young kids are ready for more and he seems to be loosening the reigns a bit now. Lets get these next 3, which we sould, and go into Michigan/MSU 8-2.

As for Lavert, if he's gonna do it, I hope he does it before Hamlin commits anywhere. HEard from decent source that if Hill goes before Hamlin is committed elsewhere he likely ends up here.

The one I can't wait to see on campus is Giliken, christ our punters suck

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a couple of series in the fourth quarter and Ohio State was blatantly holding guys at the line of scrimmage. The OSU O-lineman were getting away with holding on nearly every play. We didn't play very well either missing several opportunities to put it in the endzone but failed. I turned the game off and retired for the evening.

I'm still truly amazed that the holding they finally called on tem was their first holding in conference play since 2013. Yeah, this league doesn't protect the interests of OSU and Michigan

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched nothing but the LOS for three or four series and the OSU O-lineman were blatantly holding guys with arms around people's waist and upper torsos and the back judge and the line judge would just stand there or turn and watch the play. The corruption that is Meirer and what follows him wherever he goes is substantial and is evident by what he is now permitted to get away with at OSU in conjunction with the conference that lets this stuff go on. That game was a complete sham and that is primarily why I turned off the T.V.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical wamu. throwing bullshit ratings around when anyone presents the obvious. Gutless little troll.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical wamu. throwing bullshit ratings around when anyone presents the obvious. Gutless little troll.

Oh so since I don't agree w/ your whining I'm a troll? Whatever ya say there fella. Keep bitching about the game last night, you sound like a sore loser.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even understand the difference between whining and the stating the obvious. I don't know what game you were watching, but the OSU O-lineman were blatantly holding on nearly every play. Like I stated when someone points out the obvious and its contrary to your agenda, this is the crap you repeatedly pull. Your record stands as evidence here on the SportsHoopla.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even understand the difference between whining and the stating the obvious. I don't know what game you were watching, but the OSU O-lineman were blatantly holding on nearly every play. Like I stated when someone points out the obvious and its contrary to your agenda, this is the crap you repeatedly pull. Your record stands as evidence here on the SportsHoopla.

Okay you're right. I hope that makes you feel better now. I'm sure if I would have agreed w/ you that wouldn't have been a problem though. Anyway enjoy today's NFL action.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the issue is not about how I feel about the game. I already stated that in an earlier post. The issue is about blatant holding that doesn't get called and it continued for as long as I watched. Others saw the same thing but you can't accept the obvious. You have to throw around ridiculous ratings. I'd characterize that has being a troll.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the issue is not about how I feel about the game. I already stated that in an earlier post. The issue is about blatant holding that doesn't get called and it continued for as long as I watched. Others saw the same thing but you can't accept the obvious. You have to throw around ridiculous ratings. I'd characterize that has being a troll.

If ya wanna be picky holding could be called on just about every play in a CFB game. I just find it odd that you label me a troll for simply not agreeing w/ you. Let me ask you this...had PSU pulled off the upset would you still say the same thing about the officiating?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don't know me or understand my position or understand the correlation between cheating in sports and the probability of succeeding over someone who plays by the rules. I have called holding or bad, illegal calls on PSU in the past as I have done for every team I support. Illegal play should not be allowed by anyone. Yea I get that people cheat. It is one of the major ills of our culture. And I would have stated the same thing if PSU did pull the upset.

Disagreeing with someone when they state the obvious is the reason I called you a troll because of the juxtaposition of the bullshit rating and the obvious I stated. I would have accepted the BS rating if indeed what I posted was BS but you decided that the OP deserved a disagreement rating when the obvious was stated.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If ya wanna be picky holding could be called on just about every play in a CFB game. I just find it odd that you label me a troll for simply not agreeing w/ you. Let me ask you this...had PSU pulled off the upset would you still say the same thing about the officiating?

yeah, amazing how it can be called on every play, but B1G officials seemed to miss every one OSU committed in conference play since 2013? Come on man, you can't be that naive to not see how much the B1G protects the interests of OSU and Michigan. Just look back to last year and how they were directly involved in OSU escaping with a 2OT win. Yes, if PSU had pulled off the same circumstances and calls, I would still complain and be glad we beat OSU and the zebras

The called hold on Barkley TD and they 2 ergregous ones they missed on OSU for a TD and a big 3rd down conversion didn't decide the game, JT Barrett did, but they had a huge impact on the final score, game was a lot tighter than that final.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu is very selective in his perception and then has the temerity to rate somebody with a BS rating when they state the obvious which apparently he can't see for two years.