• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ohio State week / game discussion thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We open as 17 point dogs, OSU has looked pedestrian so far this year, hopefully we come out guns blazing with nothing to lose and have a healthy Saquon (shocked he was not on field this week). Defense being healthy is huge, we are also getting the younger guys valuable reps at all 3 levels and they are growing up fast.

With a healthy Barkley, I think we have a shot, provided the offense continues to evolve and open up more. Andrew Nelson was HUGE to have back, hopefully we can get MAngiro and slide him or Mahon to tackle this week because Palmer looks like a turnstile and him against Bosa is not a matchup I look forward to

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us having a legitimate chance at beating Ohio State even with their lackluster performances so far. I think our defense will keep us within striking distance, but I just don't think our offensive line can stand up to a Larry Johnson defensive line. It'll be a long day for us on offense, or rather short with a bunch of 3 and outs headed our way.

If the line performs well against Ohio State I'll finally feel comfortable changing my avatar away from the construction cones that represent them now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I REALLY REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I don't see us having a legitimate chance at beating Ohio State even with their lackluster performances so far. I think our defense will keep us within striking distance, but I just don't think our offensive line can stand up to a Larry Johnson defensive line. It'll be a long day for us on offense, or rather short with a bunch of 3 and outs headed our way.

If the line performs well against Ohio State I'll finally feel comfortable changing my avatar away from the construction cones that represent them now.

Our OL held up against them last year. Key is having Mangiro back. If he's out, I am less optomistic. If he's back, it giv es some options, especially with as well as Laurent has played at center. Nelson got to shake the rust off this week, he's a big bonus. The nightmare matchup is Bosa/Palmer. If he's one on one with Paris, we are in for a long night.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our OL held up against them last year. Key is having Mangiro back. If he's out, I am less optomistic. If he's back, it giv es some options, especially with as well as Laurent has played at center. Nelson got to shake the rust off this week, he's a big bonus. The nightmare matchup is Bosa/Palmer. If he's one on one with Paris, we are in for a long night.

Our RB's should be back which is also a big plus for us. Hack needs to continue using his feet and keep drives alive especially with Bosa killing Palmer. I just don't see our offense able to do much against OSU and our great defense will be put to the test. Night game, Buckeyes in all black. Lets hope who ever their QB is wont be able to see his receivers.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our RB's should be back which is also a big plus for us. Hack needs to continue using his feet and keep drives alive especially with Bosa killing Palmer. I just don't see our offense able to do much against OSU and our great defense will be put to the test. Night game, Buckeyes in all black. Lets hope who ever their QB is wont be able to see his receivers.

Unless a very different OSU defense than we've seen all year shows up, we should move the ball unless we go into shell playing not to lose. If we stay loose, we can score points on them.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to give a prediction for the score, but my gut says we win this game. As mentioned by LBU with Barkley and Mangiro this offense will look that much better. I mentioned before, but I really think we will see a whole other page out of the playbook this weekend (Maybe I am just being an optimist. I think that we saw the first 6 games as "wins" and granted Temple is looking really good in hindsight (no. 26 in AP). I just believe they wanted to come out and surprise OSU. The wheel route TD pass is a perfect example. First time calling that all year and it worked to perfection. Now OSU will have to keep that play in mind which will cause the safeties to play back. No matter what happens though we are moving in the right direction. A lot of young guys getting valuable playing time early and this will help our depth going forward tremendously.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When should we know about Barkley? Saturday at game time?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you Lions. Opening line is way to high IMO with the way Ohio State has been sleepwalking. Here's to no injuries so both teams can finish the season strong afterwards :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to you Lions. Opening line is way to high IMO with the way Ohio State has been sleepwalking. Here's to no injuries so both teams can finish the season strong afterwards :suds:

Thanks, same to you....please beat the hell out of Captain khaki's to end the regular season.

As for this week, I agree, was hoping OSU stayed undefeated and nobody beat them to wake them up. I'd rather they stay content doing just enough to win and let us hang around, gain confidence, especially our offense. I think our D will do what they do, just like last year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch back at practice and Breneman got some run with 1st and second teams. Thought he was done for good, would love to see him back

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have this presupposition that we may win this game as well. We absolutely cannot play stupid or commit self-inflicting mistakes to have a chance.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to the game is stopping Ezekiel Elliott, OSUs offense begins and ends with him. From what I have seen from OSU their OL isnt that good either so "The Wild Dogs" need to be on their game and stuff Elliot and make Jones (Or Barrett) beat us through the air.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, its gameday, still no feel for this game so I will go with the heart PSU 24-23, Barkley back with big game, which opens things up for Hack

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said on my friends podcast on Wednesday, this game could go one of two ways: It could be a blowout like the last time PSU visited Columbus or it could be barn burner like last year. Either way would surprise me.

That being said: PSU 27 OSU 23

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said on my friends podcast on Wednesday, this game could go one of two ways: It could be a blowout like the last time PSU visited Columbus or it could be barn burner like last year. Either way would surprise me.

That being said: PSU 27 OSU 23

Only reason a game like 2 years ago would surprise is that Butler is no longer our DC. I don't think we let any game get that out of hand with Shoop and our D. If things go South, could see 31-10 type. Can't turn the ball over

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BArkley, Lynch and Breneman all made the trip, so all should be expected to play

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things. First we all know but Barkley is on a level equal if not better than LSU Fournette, and given our OLine I would say better. I know the score has us losing by 28, but honestly we had every right to be in this game. Between Gesicki dropping a big play, and a stupid hold (not saying it wasn't at the time, but hindsight being we were held on multiple occasions it ends up being a BS call), and then Hack not getting Barkley in the flat late in the game hurts. Like an article I read state, we are right on the cusp of being a great team. I think once we get Bates, Jenkins, Menet, McGovern we will be rolling. Defense played pretty well. Sucks that Meyer finally became wise and started to use JT and Braxton more. Been saying for weeks they are better than Cardale. Can't wait to see them this week in Baltimore though. Nice 10 minute drive to the stadium :D

Also, LBU have you heard anything with Lavert, because it seemed as if he didn't decommit this weekend then we should be solid. You think he ends up staying? At this point from what I read seems Quinn is gone.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punt game killed us.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a couple of series in the fourth quarter and Ohio State was blatantly holding guys at the line of scrimmage. The OSU O-lineman were getting away with holding on nearly every play. We didn't play very well either missing several opportunities to put it in the endzone but failed. I turned the game off and retired for the evening.