• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oh Crowell, what have you done?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/06/29/georgia-tailback-isaiah-crowell-jailed-on-weapons-charges/

1081379.jpg

Two felonies and a misdemeanor after being searcehd at a road block early this morning around 3:30 am, all charges steming from a concealed handgun.

Possession of a concealed weapon, having a weapon in a school zone and having an altered ID mark on that weapon. So you are riding through campus on the way home from the club with a handgun that has the serial # scratched off? What the hell?

Crowell's life hasn't been the easiest and unfortunately it seems he hasn't had the best role models growing up, but you can find that at Georgia ... or you could have found that... I hope you get your life together kid, because you may have just ruined your chances at a quality education, fame and future fortune.

----------------​

Beyond Crowell, it may or may not hurt UGA's season. Georgia has plenty of talent in the backfield with Ken 'Boo' Malcome becoming the presumed starter now, experienced bruiser Richard Samuel, but neither have the skill that Isaiah had. Samuel is a straight line runner - almost a fast fullback; Malcome can work the middle, but he runs like a scat back... Crowell could do it all.

Incoming freshman Keith Marshall (also a #1 RB recruit) is from the same mold of Crowell - talent wise, but he's untested in CFB, and other incoming freshman back Todd Gurley is expected to redshirt -although that may no longer stand.

You never know how these backs will turn out, but I believe with the losses on the O-line, Georgia needed Crowells talents - and needed him to have an injury, drama free, breakout season. Hopefully one of these backs will establish themselves and standout when preseason practice starts. UGA needs a consistant back, and while Crowell never established himself as that guy all reports up until now were pointing in that direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scout.com: Crowell Now a Cautionary Tale
They didn't have to bring up Jasper Sanks.

Time for Georgia to cut ties with Crowell? - Yahoo! Sports
Time to cut ties? Crowell may be doing time, before it's all said & done. Hard to play CFB from a jail cell.

UGA tailback Crowell arrested on weapons charges - NCAA - SI.com

How will Isaiah Crowell’s troubles affect UGA’s chances with 5-star RB Derrick Henry? | AJC College Sports Recruiting
The news of Crowell may help with Derrick Henry, but is that a fair trade? I personally don't think so.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The school zone is the UGA campus, that's just how it is. You can't have weapons or drugs within so many feet of a school zone, much less on a through campus road.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't think they were planning on redshirting Marshall.

They has been legislation in Georgia to allow guns on campus after the VT massacre, but I don't think it passed and that wouldn't apply to a concealed, unregistered gun with the serial number scratched off. :L

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctoring the serial number on an unregistered, concealed handgun isn't a bright thing to do near a college campus... good thing UGA has the top two RB recruits coming in.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctoring the serial number on an unregistered, concealed handgun isn't a bright thing to do near a college campus... good thing UGA has the top two RB recruits coming in.

Just one, Keith Marshall. I think Todd Gurley was ranked about 8 or 9, and you can't assume that you can count on true freshman to come in & produce right away.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think he could have shot me:L

But yeah this sucks. You could tell he had an attitude but I didn't think he'd seriously fuck his life up like this.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they'll need more than one arrest to win this years Fulmer Cup.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I ran across.

A report Thursday by UGASports.com indicated Crowell was considering Alabama State as a possible transfer destination.

His mother, Debbie, told ESPN that her son had not made a final decision.

"He has not made up his mind," she said.

Crowell would be eligible to play immediately at the historically black school which competes at the Football Championship Subdivision.

A transfer to a FBS school would require him to sit out an entire season.