• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cup, there has to be a trade coming. Team is in the same spot on defense, and they cannot continue to have Larsson sitting upstairs in a suit.
I know Zids is old and a problem defensively, but what other solution is there right now for point on the power play?
You can't throw a rookie in that spot, at not yet. Maybe on the 2nd unit. Also I hate the 5 man offense units. Bad enough having Kovy at the blue line.
If a guy like Merrill does great in camp, then the team has to trade somebody or 2. You can't go into the season with that many signed defensemen again.

3 million is way too much, but that was probably why Lou got away with 1 year.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah it is what it is. The move makes sense for offensive reasons. Any d flaps im sure Corey can cover it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think you see somebody traded (Volchenkov), maybe not before the season but likely during the season. I could see one of the young guys getting a month or 2 down in the AHL and then being brought up.

Or we could just root for somebody like Harrold to get hurt long term, not really, but yes, really.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the offseason? A or A+?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing a lot of talk about Damien Brunner this morning.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou said the RFAs should be locked up by the end of the week.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im anxious to see what kinda deal Henrique hauls in.. hoping for a 4 year deal for 12 mil..nothing too crazy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking 2 , 2.5. , 3.5 , 4 in regards to salary per season.

Josefson is only gonna get 1 mil per year if that..still plenty of cap room to make more moves.

I just dont think Henrique is gonna accept a 3 year deal for like 6 mil.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, because I didn't want to start a new thread for it:

Ex-Devils defenseman Henrik Tallinder lashes out at Pete DeBoer | NJ.com

Tallinder taking shots at PDB. I'm not sure what went on behind the scenes but it seems that our D corps by committee and Tallinder being a healthy scratch most nights absolutely had a negative effect on him. If it was bad for him it had to of been bad for guys like A-Train, Fayne as well. Hopefully we can get a solid 6 going and keep a guy like Harrold as the 7th. Or move a guy at some point if we want to get young guys in here.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its really interesting i'm glad though he doesn't sugar coat his real feelings. i think there is way too much of that in the world today. if you dont like something say something.

that being said reading the comments this guy's comment struck me as interesting

"There are many so disturbing facets to this article I really don't know where to begin. First off I thought Lou finally came to his senses when he traded Tallinder and shedded his salary. According to Fallinder HE requested the trade which suggests he would still be on the team if he hadn't sat Lou down and told him he wanted out."

thats a really good point. did lou really think he was good enough to stay on the team if he didn't ask him for a trade?

i think tallendar was one of the better d men in the finals 2 years ago esp aftering being out the whole season. i also wonder if his slide in play last year is a result of the shuffling in and out of all these d men? trim it down! get down to 6 d men plus 2 kids that can be called up for an injury

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does compliment Lemaire in there, which is what made last year so baffling. When the team sucked and missed the playoffs 2 years ago I thought Tallinder was our best guy on D so to see him last year just looking lost and making terrible decisions, something had to be up. Clearly he wasn't happy and it showed in his play.