• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason predictions

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike smith gets fired
Nolan gets canned
Dimetroff gets put on double secret probation
Sjax retires
Falcons get the 7th overall pick
Falcons release Osi, bierrman, and baker

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Steven Jackson still have another season on his contract with us?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can see now...probably finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Smitty fired and likely both DC & OC...they will at least make the seemingly obligatory call to Gruden and he'll decline.

I think Dimitroff should be shown the door as well, but he MIGHT hang on, but McKay & Blank will hire the new HC...(bad decision).

Pick 14th to 18th in draft...if Dimitroff oversees it, they will try to trade up and get Randy Gregory DE, NEB or Leonard Williams DE USC...the balance of the draft will be spent on OL,DL & LBs

Agree on Sjax...he won't survive this season...not as a Falcon anyway.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't Steven Jackson still have another season on his contract with us?

He does but you know how contracts aren't concrete in the league. I don't see him returning even while having an extra year left on his contract.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can see now...probably finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Smitty fired and likely both DC & OC...they will at least make the seemingly obligatory call to Gruden and he'll decline.

I think Dimitroff should be shown the door as well, but he MIGHT hang on, but McKay & Blank will hire the new HC...(bad decision).

Pick 14th to 18th in draft...if Dimitroff oversees it, they will try to trade up and get Randy Gregory DE, NEB or Leonard Williams DE USC...the balance of the draft will be spent on OL,DL & LBs

Agree on Sjax...he won't survive this season...not as a Falcon anyway.

Do you think we re-sign Weatherspoon? He is a free agent after this year I think. There are a lot of positions on defense to address if we end up letting Beirmann and Osi walk. Not that they are spectacular players at the point but it was just add to the long list to needs Atlanta has on defense.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we re-sign Weatherspoon? He is a free agent after this year I think. There are a lot of positions on defense to address if we end up letting Beirmann and Osi walk. Not that they are spectacular players at the point but it was just add to the long list to needs Atlanta has on defense.

I say we'll let him go. He has talent, but he just can't stay healthy.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does but you know how contracts aren't concrete in the league. I don't see him returning even while having an extra year left on his contract.

True. Oh, well, we have three other decent running back. When we retires, we need to spend that money on finding a pass rusher.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Oh, well, we have three other decent running back. When we retires, we need to spend that money on finding a pass rusher.

I agree, we also might need to find an upgrade for the offensive line as well. This unit isn't looking too great so far.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few people here feel as if Smitty was downsized out of the draft in terms of being a key player when they brought in Pioli as the asst. to Dimitroff...kind of a sign that he was on a short leash.

I didn't think they would miss Spoon that much, but I was wrong...Coming off multiple season ending type injuries they will likely make a below market (for the position) offer to keep him...I would, but obviously with an injury out in the contract.

This might sound crazy but would you consider trading Julio? It was topic on sportstalk radio here...No for me on that one, but the radio that suggested did make some good points.

Namely...yes, JJ is a game changer, but if they can get a 1st & a 3rd he would do it...reason. ATL really has to fix the DEF and they can get by with less talent @ WR...he points out SEA, NO, CAR and a few other teams as case in point.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few people here feel as if Smitty was downsized out of the draft in terms of being a key player when they brought in Pioli as the asst. to Dimitroff...kind of a sign that he was on a short leash.

I didn't think they would miss Spoon that much, but I was wrong...Coming off multiple season ending type injuries they will likely make a below market (for the position) offer to keep him...I would, but obviously with an injury out in the contract.

This might sound crazy but would you consider trading Julio? It was topic on sportstalk radio here...No for me on that one, but the radio that suggested did make some good points.

Namely...yes, JJ is a game changer, but if they can get a 1st & a 3rd he would do it...reason. ATL really has to fix the DEF and they can get by with less talent @ WR...he points out SEA, NO, CAR and a few other teams as case in point.
I wouldn't rule it out depending on what we received in a trade. How much do you think we could get for Roddy? He has less left in the tank, still has a hand full of years left of production, and he is still valuable. I think if we could just sure up the trenches on both sides of the ball everything will come together eventually. I'm just hoping we get the most out of the draft rather than making trades for sexy picks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rule it out depending on what we received in a trade. How much do you think we could get for Roddy? He has less left in the tank, still has a hand full of years left of production, and he is still valuable. I think if we could just sure up the trenches on both sides of the ball everything will come together eventually. I'm just hoping we get the most out of the draft rather than making trades for sexy picks.

Roddy...maybe a 3rd...I wouldn't trade either of them actually unless somebody wanted to give up a 1st & 2nd for JJ...giving you two picks in both rounds.

As bad as they've looked recently, imo they're not that far away from being a playoff team if they don't make it this year.

DEF...the interior DL guys are not bad...Soliai and Jackson have not played badly, Babs and Peters also...LB play behind them is not what I thought it was going to be Worrilow was blown up in the hole badly for 6 in NYG, and generally has been making tackles 5 yds downfield. That and the edge DL guys need to be upgraded...Massaqoui is really the only guy I like on the edge...Beerman...cut. Osi can still get there if he has help, but another cut or not resign...I would move on to a younger player.

F/A...go after Justin Houston from KC, pair him with Massaqoui for the edge guys...hopefully Spoon back and draft another speed edge type player. Get Moore back @ S and that DEF should be markedly better.

OFC...I'm not high on Baker, but as a RT I might have to give him one more season for cap reasons. I would sign a vet OT as a backup...fairly high in the draft I would be looking at a OG and OT...Sjax, cut.

Matt would have to restructure to free up cash.