• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's most interesting and to me exciting about the TE spot right now is that I knew almost nothing about Jarwin other than his name at the end of last year. Then I start reading writers saying he may be our starting TE after Witten retired and that the team loves him and I'm like 'WTF are these dopes talking about???' Then I start reading the team saying good things about him over and over again and then those who watched camp doubling down on the comments about him and then read he is lining up with the ones. Now I'm like 'I need to see this kid'.

To me Rico still is what he is. I was so excited watching him in preseason last year. I think if he can do some of those things in passing situations he can really help us. Any explosiveness we get in the receiving game will be good for this team. He is big and strong and seems to move well and catch well. But, I'm still not sure he is even a football player. He needs to learn so much more than how to block to even make the team. And It's not just that he is a poor blocker (he is), he seems to accept he won't be a good blocker from his comments and at his size I'm worried that's just the desire to want block that's missing. He compares himself to Jimmy Graham but even Graham is a better blocker than him and a young Graham was a phenom in the passing game. If it were my call I'd definitely go 4 deep at TE and keep him (as we stand here today of course) but we are talking about what the team is going to do and portraying them keeping him on IR when he wasn't really hurt as a good thing or saying Garrett is just trying to knock down his ego by basically saying he is nowhere near ready seems off base. I hope we find a way to keep all 4 and play all 4 and not just in preseason but in the real games too. But, the team sees him every single day and it just doesn't seem like the team is that high on him. My way too early guess (and of course it's a guess) is that sans injury he is less than 50/50 to make the 53. He will get his chances and when he does he needs to show them the skill set that he has and force them not just to put him on the 53, but the game day roster too. He can be such a mismatch in spots and if he stays healthy and gets the ball thrown his way this Summer he can earn not just a roster spot but some playing time. Either way I suspect he will be one of the stories to watch all Summer long.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rico's ceiling is far greater than these other guys, but his experience level is by far the worst and is holding him back. Garrett saying he needs to practice an obscene amount to get him ready is his way of knocking that ego down that he gained last preseason. If Rico can learn his blocking assignments and stay healthy, I doubt there is much the other TEs can do to stay in front of him on the depth chart. Swaim has earned that trust, but behind him I don't think anyone else has a clear advantage right now.

Agree with this. None of the other TEs on the roster have anything close to the athletic tools that Rico possesses. The guy is HUGE, and while I wouldn't say he is fast, for a man that big he has a quickness to him that you just don't see on a football field very often. He appears to catch the ball very well, too. Rico's blocking is largely an unknown to anyone outside of the team, so I have no clue what to think there, but if he can be passable as a blocker and find his way on the field he's going to do damage as a receiver. None of the other guys impress much or have any notable tools to draw from - Jarwin included, who I have started to watch more of.

As far as having earned the trust, I'm fine with Swaim being 1st team until someone takes it from him. Swaim is a capable blocker, and Dak seems to be comfortable with him. There's going to be a lot of uncertainty at the TE position early on without Witten, but with him gone I am very optimistic that the overall play may actually improve from last year. Not at all trying to disparage Witten, but it was time for him to hang it up.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotta be Byron Jones right? Or maybe Anthony Brown?
An article I found on DC.com it's currently 1. Austin, 2. Brown, 3. K.D. Cannon, and 4. Heath.
Of course Austin and Cannon weren't on the team last season so Heath would have set at #2.
With his knock out hits, if he could track the ball better he'd a very nice asset to have.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goin
An article I found on DC.com it's currently 1. Austin, 2. Brown, 3. K.D. Cannon, and 4. Heath.
Of course Austin and Cannon weren't on the team last season so Heath would have set at #2.
With his knock out hits, if he could track the ball better he'd a very nice asset to have.
Going on year six, if, if if if if ....

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAOOOOOO
I believe the only reason heath is on the team is because of his hustle. So while it surprised me that some called him the fastest, doesnt surprise me he is up there as one of them.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of Randy Gregory being reinstated around the start of training camp.

What type of role do you think he can play? What implications might this have for other players on the team (looking at you Charles Tapper)? Personally, I think he is a 3rd down pass rusher at minimum. Conceivably at some point this season Dallas could start running out a sub package of....RDE Gregory....1T Charlton....3T Irving....LDE Lawrence.... on obvious passing downs.

Hard to say what Gregory still has, but if he can finally cash in on some of his potential as a pass rusher Dallas will add one more capable pass rusher to a growing stable. It's nice to have some diversity.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What type of role do you think he can play? What implications might this have for other players on the team (looking at you Charles Tapper)? Personally, I think he is a 3rd down pass rusher at minimum. Conceivably at some point this season Dallas could start running out a sub package of....RDE Gregory....1T Charlton....3T Irving....LDE Lawrence.... on obvious passing downs.

Hard to say what Gregory still has, but if he can finally cash in on some of his potential as a pass rusher Dallas will add one more capable pass rusher to a growing stable. It's nice to have some diversity.
Hard to say what he will be as we've barely seen him thus far. Hoping he makes the gamble pay off.
One thing I'll say. If he becomes a force, he better give Dallas a big discount on his next contract.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the mini-camp, many receivers and defensive backs were saying how great it was to have position coaches who are actually coaching them with regards to the aspects of their positions.

what the fuck?

I've praised Garrett in the past about getting this team to play hard and lose the sense of entitlement. Now it seems this coaching staff had had this sense of entitlement. I think it was obvious than last year when it was said this team had basically 6 running plays. Earth to Garrett, professionals are on the other sideline as well!

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dealer to Irving?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he gets to play again, I think he would be a very minimum impact player year one. If he was here year two, he could be a valuable rotation player.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gregory is a great pass rusher. I still will be shocked if Godell let's him play this season. If gregory played for the giants he would have already been reinstated

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked up the old combine and pro day 40 times for the fastest guys on the team, and if one was to go by that...

1. Deonte Thompson - 4.31 (pro day 2012)
2. Tavon Austin - 4.34 (combine 2013, official)
3. Anthony Brown - 4.35 (combine 2016, official)
4. Jeff Heath - 4.38 (pro day 2013)
5. Byron Jones - 4.40 (pro day 2015)
6. Duke Thomas - 4.41 (pro day 2016)
7. KD Cannon - 4.42 (combine 2017, official)
8. Chidobe Awuzie - 4.43 (combine 2017, official)
9. Charvarious Ward - 4.44 (pro day 2018)
10. Zeke Elliott - 4.47 (combine 2016, official)

A few of these guys probably won't make the team, but there is a good amount of speed on the roster. A lot of guys in the low 4.5s.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just looked up the old combine and pro day 40 times for the fastest guys on the team, and if one was to go by that...

1. Deonte Thompson - 4.31 (pro day 2012)
2. Tavon Austin - 4.34 (combine 2013, official)
3. Anthony Brown - 4.35 (combine 2016, official)
4. Jeff Heath - 4.38 (pro day 2013)
5. Byron Jones - 4.40 (pro day 2015)
6. Duke Thomas - 4.41 (pro day 2016)
7. KD Cannon - 4.42 (combine 2017, official)
8. Chidobe Awuzie - 4.43 (combine 2017, official)
9. Charvarious Ward - 4.44 (pro day 2018)
10. Zeke Elliott - 4.47 (combine 2016, official)

A few of these guys probably won't make the team, but there is a good amount of speed on the roster. A lot of guys in the low 4.5s.
Timed speed and play speed can vary. Zeke elliot seems to play much faster with the ball in his hand. Zeke is a stud. Awuzie is another guy that seems to play fast on the field. Byron Jones and Heath are fast but their play speed does not seem to match timed speed.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets to play again, I think he would be a very minimum impact player year one. If he was here year two, he could be a valuable rotation player.
I could see it taking several games, but he is a "natural" and I expect him and do rance Armstrong to be disruptive. This is the most DL talent Marinelli has had