• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the mini-camp, many receivers and defensive backs were saying how great it was to have position coaches who are actually coaching them with regards to the aspects of their positions.

what the fuck?

I've praised Garrett in the past about getting this team to play hard and lose the sense of entitlement. Now it seems this coaching staff had had this sense of entitlement. I think it was obvious than last year when it was said this team had basically 6 running plays. Earth to Garrett, professionals are on the other sideline as well!
I am just glad we brought in sanjay and richard. Especially richard.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it taking several games, but he is a "natural" and I expect him and do rance Armstrong to be disruptive. This is the most DL talent Marinelli has had

No doubt about the talent but he hasn't played in forever and to get into game shape and back into the rhythm is going to take a long while. He hasn't been able to even go to the training facilities in several years. That is why I said if it happens, the following year is when he can make the largest impact.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben Foster only get suspended two games!!!:gaah::gaah:
NFL clearly made an example out of Zeke. The NFL literally fucked us out of a season. It’s a tough pill to swallow because I think we were more than capable of making a deep playoff run with how healthy our D was to end the year and how weak the qbs were in the playoffs last year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL clearly made an example out of Zeke. The NFL literally fucked us out of a season. It’s a tough pill to swallow because I think we were more than capable of making a deep playoff run with how healthy our D was to end the year and how weak the qbs were in the playoffs last year.
IMO Smith injury hurt more than anything else. If he can be a go every game I like our chances.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Smith injury hurt more than anything else. If he can be a go every game I like our chances.
Yep, it was absolutely devastating and to make it worse, our head football coach treated him as easily replaceable and made no adjustments for his absence.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timed speed and play speed can vary. Zeke elliot seems to play much faster with the ball in his hand. Zeke is a stud. Awuzie is another guy that seems to play fast on the field. Byron Jones and Heath are fast but their play speed does not seem to match timed speed.

Agreed on all counts.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say how the season goes if Elliott was not suspended. By the end of the season the team looked somewhat defeated, IMO, and didn't look like a contender. Obviously the whole Zeke saga was a cloud hanging over the organization -- not even gonna touch the 8 game stretch of horse shit officiating -- but this team had other issues last year as well. Injuries, Sub-par coaching and generally poor execution in the passing game were big problems last year. While the defense started to firm up towards the end of the season, I just couldn't see last year's team as a real contender for anything more than the wild card round of the playoffs.

I think this is the year the Cowboys make some real noise.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say how the season goes if Elliott was not suspended. By the end of the season the team looked somewhat defeated, IMO, and didn't look like a contender. Obviously the whole Zeke saga was a cloud hanging over the organization -- not even gonna touch the 8 game stretch of horse shit officiating -- but this team had other issues last year as well. Injuries, Sub-par coaching and generally poor execution in the passing game were big problems last year. While the defense started to firm up towards the end of the season, I just couldn't see last year's team as a real contender for anything more than the wild card round of the playoffs.

I think this is the year the Cowboys make some real noise.

Great season analysis. On point!!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because... unlike the previous DB coach who had to be coached up by the starting weakside linebacker because he called the wrong coverage against the Giants, this guy appears to actually know how to coach defensive backs.

Of course, I could be wrong.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because... unlike the previous DB coach who had to be coached up by the starting weakside linebacker because he called the wrong coverage against the Giants, this guy appears to actually know how to coach defensive backs.

Of course, I could be wrong.
Very interesting.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do agree this would be the best for our defense on paper, we shall see if the team wants to move Lee back to the Mike or not. They didn't move him because we had a better option (clearly there is not and never was), they moved him to try and keep him a little healthier.

Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Cowboys
David Helman of DallasCowboys.com expects first-round LB Leighton Vander Esch to play on the weak side.

Helman sees that as the best fit for Vander Esch given his expertise in pass coverage. If Vander Esch does start on the weak side, the Cowboys would likely roll with veteran Sean Lee at middle linebacker with Jaylon Smith helping out on the strong side. The Boise State alum was a spectator at OTAs due to an ankle injury but should be ready for camp in a few weeks.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't watched the "All Or Nothing" on Amazon Prime, it's worth your time. It's very revealing when looking at Joe Baker and Derek Dooley.

I watched a bit of the Ohio st. vs. Michigan game. Taco was never close to any play unless he was on the ground getting pancaked. Still scratch my head on that one. I hope he develops the way he was touted.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a bit of the Ohio st. vs. Michigan game. Taco was never close to any play unless he was on the ground getting pancaked. Still scratch my head on that one. I hope he develops the way he was touted.

Me too... because the memory of Kavika Pittman lingers.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I do agree this would be the best for our defense on paper, we shall see if the team wants to move Lee back to the Mike or not. They didn't move him because we had a better option (clearly there is not and never was), they moved him to try and keep him a little healthier.

Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Cowboys
David Helman of DallasCowboys.com expects first-round LB Leighton Vander Esch to play on the weak side.

Helman sees that as the best fit for Vander Esch given his expertise in pass coverage. If Vander Esch does start on the weak side, the Cowboys would likely roll with veteran Sean Lee at middle linebacker with Jaylon Smith helping out on the strong side. The Boise State alum was a spectator at OTAs due to an ankle injury but should be ready for camp in a few weeks.

I agree as well that this would be the best fit. Vander Esch is not a MLB, but I think he could be a difference maker on the weak side where he won't have to deal with as many blockers.

As far as Lee staying healthy, the move to WLB hasn't seemed to help that much in regards to injuries, a little maybe. It seems it's just a roll of the dice with him health wise no matter where he's playing. Move Lee back, I think the gains would be worth the additional wear and tear, if it even matters at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much new below, but just what I was thinking this morning

So we clearly have enough cap space to safely sign a player. All along i think most of us have been wanting a safety and I'd still love that. But, I find myself lately wanting Hankins more based on the news of the last month or so. I wanted him last year and he had a good season for Indy. With Collins a question mark for the beginning of the year and Irving out for 4 games I think he would be a great addition and even when everyone is back. He is big, but also quick for his size. I think he would be that run stopper we have been looking for the last few years to play on early downs. Plus he can push the pocket and disrupt the passing game and protect our LBs a little more by demanding a double team.

I know all of these guys are still saying they won't settle, but at some point they are going to lower their demands because no one wants to sit out the year. So between now and training camp in a couple of weeks I'd love to see either a safety or Hankins brought in. I'd be fine with a one year guaranteed deal on any of them if we are unsure about the long term, but they can all help us this year. With the type of offense we will run, field position will be key. It's tough to have 15 play 75 yard drives all of the time if we keep getting the ball deep in our zone. I think adding one key player to this defense would help get our D off the field and have a huge impact on our record. Also, still all in on a 3rd for Thomas, but i'm not giving more than that and then ALSO giving him a huge contract at his age. He would be another reason to go one year with a safety as he will likely be a FA next year if the teams wants to pursue him.