• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Offseason news

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be nice to see that $9 million for Romo drop off in 2019
Yes and I hope we don't create another "Romo" cap scenario with one of our other guys.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear about Smith to Wash. IMO both teams just got weaker. Cousins is way better than Smith and KC is taking a risk letting him go for a guy who has never played. It will of course all come down to what both teams do with the cap room saved. At least from KCs point of view I get what they did and why. But for Wash to bring in an older, mediocre QB is a bad move and highlights how they screwed up the Cousins situation unless they are also getting their future QB this year via the draft or some other way.

I get the age as a downside but I think the Skins did better than anyone thought. It was a given they weren't resigning Cousins. I thought at best they would get whoever Minnesota lets go or possibly Foles.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the age as a downside but I think the Skins did better than anyone thought. It was a given they weren't resigning Cousins. I thought at best they would get whoever Minnesota lets go or possibly Foles.
I dont agree at all. The skins did not do better than anyone thought. Did you see what they gave up and the contract???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a boatload of cap savings and a young DB and draft picks. He is the 5th highest QB in terms of average salary

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit. I just saw that
"Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $94,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including $71,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000"

This is horrible for Wash. All because they wouldn't just pay Cousins in the first place. Between the last 2 years of tagging him and the 4 years for Smith, they probably ended up paying about the same thing and now they have an old mediocre QB who after many years in the league happened to have his best year ever (by far) at the right time to cash in and even the team that had him didn't want him. On top of that you give up a young DB and picks? I would be friggin pissed off big time if I were a Skins fan.

I'm not getting the mediocre vibe. That seems to be the description of Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong, I thought Cousins was top 10 and he normally carved us up, but we would find a way to win. For 3 quarters of the yr though, Alex Smith was an MVP candidate. I think the Skins got a good QB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a boatload of cap savings and a young DB and draft picks. He is the 5th highest QB in terms of average salary

I think the draft pick thing will even out. Now losing Fuller - to me- is awful. I thought the Skins secondary this year was pretty damn good. I even mentioned it after one of the games this year. For some reason my normally good memory is escaping me regarding our game vs the Skins at home. I remember playing them at Washington in the rain.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not getting the mediocre vibe. That seems to be the description of Alex Smith. Don't get me wrong, I thought Cousins was top 10 and he normally carved us up, but we would find a way to win. For 3 quarters of the yr though, Alex Smith was an MVP candidate. I think the Skins got a good QB.
Yes, for 3/4s of the year he was the MVP. But he will be entering his 13th season and will be 34 when the year starts. That was one year (and it wasn't as good as Dak's first season ever). Never before last year had he thrown for more than 3,502 yards and he only threw for 20 TDs twice before last year. Mediocre is average and IMO he is not even average.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,000 yards 26 TDs 5 INTs and I think he missed a game. 88-62 record. 50-26 over the last 5 yrs. You bring up Dak- I've said it before, to me this is the closest comparison to Dak in the league.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit. I just saw that
"Alex Smith signed a 4 year, $94,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins, including $71,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $23,500,000"

This is horrible for Wash. All because they wouldn't just pay Cousins in the first place. Between the last 2 years of tagging him and the 4 years for Smith, they probably ended up paying about the same thing and now they have an old mediocre QB who after many years in the league happened to have his best year ever (by far) at the right time to cash in and even the team that had him didn't want him. On top of that you give up a young DB and picks? I would be friggin pissed off big time if I were a Skins fan.
It's bad now....how about when they are paying him 8 figures at 38? I think they got a bag of beans, Smith's game has always revolved around mobility, that's gonna go soon. Plus they gave up a 3rd and a starting corner? Wow

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, for 3/4s of the year he was the MVP. But he will be entering his 13th season and will be 34 when the year starts. That was one year (and it wasn't as good as Dak's first season ever). Never before last year had he thrown for more than 3,502 yards and he only threw for 20 TDs twice before last year. Mediocre is average and IMO he is not even average.
Plus, look at the weapons Smith had in KC...two of the fastest players in the league and a great TE...none of those toys in Washington

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree at all. The skins did not do better than anyone thought. Did you see what they gave up and the contract???

Qb is the most important position on the field. They weren't going to get Cousins. I never pictured them having Smith. I thought they might get Bradford. Actually I have feared Romo coming out of the booth to torch our ass.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4,000 yards 26 TDs 5 INTs and I think he missed a game. 88-62 record. 50-26 over the last 5 yrs. You bring up Dak- I've said it before, to me this is the closest comparison to Dak in the league.
Except he's ten years older and Dak is putting up the same numbers Smith put up in his career years. I really don't get your dislike for Dak lol

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, look at the weapons Smith had in KC...two of the fastest players in the league and a great TE...none of those toys in Washington

They have a great TE in Washington. They also have an RB that is dangerous as a receiver. They also have one of the best slot WRs in Crowder. He has some weapons. I would have much rather them have to draft one and develop.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he's ten years older and Dak is putting up the same numbers Smith put up in his career years. I really don't get your dislike for Dak lol

To me calling Dak - Alex Smith - is a compliment. I don't dislike Dak at all. He is tuff as nails. I think he had a great rookie year and everything went right. I mean last yr at this time we were hearing Dak and Tom Brady in the same sentence because they had the same trainer or something at one time. For as much Shit as I use to take for loving #9, many of you are following suit with Dak. I made a joking comment about Dak last week and got two rainbows for it. Do you know how much Shit I had to read about Romo screwing up on here for 10 yrs.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last good game we played was against the Chiefs. LMFAO at the skins. They remain a clusterfuck

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith has way fewer weapons in DC. He will be exposed as average. LMAO at the skins who got fleeced

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I brought up Dak to say his first year ever was better than or at least equal to Smith's best year of 12.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me calling Dak - Alex Smith - is a compliment. I don't dislike Dak at all. He is tuff as nails. I think he had a great rookie year and everything went right. I mean last yr at this time we were hearing Dak and Tom Brady in the same sentence because they had the same trainer or something at one time. For as much Shit as I use to take for loving #9, many of you are following suit with Dak. I made a joking comment about Dak last week and got two rainbows for it. Do you know how much Shit I had to read about Romo screwing up on here for 10 yrs.
:stephena:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just think Dak and Zeke took Cowboy nation on a great ride last year. They were in the zone for pretty much the whole year. I think we all knew Dak could nt duplicate those same numbers again this year. Same way with Foles when he threw 28/2. I think some think Dak is a top 5 Qb right now. I remember asking last year who people would rather have Dak or Stafford and people everyone said Dak. I couldn't believe it. In other words, I think some overrate Dak. I mean last year I think he got 14th on the NFL top 100. This year he won't make the top 100.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Dak and Zeke took Cowboy nation on a great ride last year. They were in the zone for pretty much the whole year. I think we all knew Dak could nt duplicate those same numbers again this year. Same way with Foles when he threw 28/2. I think some think Dak is a top 5 Qb right now. I remember asking last year who people would rather have Dak or Stafford and people everyone said Dak. I couldn't believe it. In other words, I think some overrate Dak. I mean last year I think he got 14th on the NFL top 100. This year he won't make the top 100.
The Cowboys wouldn't trade Dak for Stafford. Part of it is age and salary, but it's also Stafford is a stat padder who hasn't won anything