• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official Washington vs Boise St. game thread

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:That is bullshit

Well, even if it proves to be true the one win was at Autzen. Way to go ducks. Losers.

Obviously they beat Georgia and VT in recent years, but werent those so called 'neutral' site games?

Bronco4evu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh sure...we played Georgia in ATLANTA...and VT in DC...samo..samo...our fans had to travel 2 fri cken time zones

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't gloat or pick on anything about this game.

I will say Southwick appeared to play well and really showed how much UW's LB's need to work on coverage. He was gassing those short crossing routes at will most of the first half and that first drive in the 3rd quarter. That RB was a beast as well. There were several times he should have been tackled where he pushed and got more yards. What a great rusher.

I will also say I spoke to about 20 BSU fans at the game and all of them were great. I said the same thing after the '07 game. Every fan I talked to was friendly. Had 4 bronco fans in front of us and we talked to them much of the game. They had came over from Boise for the game and said they were here in '07 as well.

A side note about those 4 in front of us. At the end of the 3rd quarter at every game they have a tribute to a husky legend. This game it was the great Mark Brunell. all 4 of them stood up and clapped for him as well. Thought that was pretty classy. Not sure most fans of other teams would do that.

I honestly wish your team the best for the rest of this season. Good luck Bronco fans. See you in your house soon.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses. One team showed up, the other didn't. Great game, Huskies.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, could be "another" long year for us Broncos.

Great game Huskies. You CLEARLY were the better team all around.

The Pac 12 North is brutal this year - Oregon, Stanford and Washington. Will be fun to watch.

My take:
It was obvious that Washington has potential to be not just good, but GREAT this year. However, how much of that is because maybe we (Boise) just sucks this year, or Washington really is just that good. A little of both, I think. Washington was a veteran and superior team. Clearly. Boise is a young, (still lost A LOT from last year) but possibly talented team. Our RB's look promising, on a good note. But Southwick looked bad again and our play calling was absolutely terrible. NO explosive plays. None. And no TD's?!? We won't win very many games with just field goals.

Good game Huskies. Now please keep winning and prove it wasn't just us.
I don't think you can totally judge your team based on one game. Opening week does funny things. Just ask Kansas state or Oregon state. Southwick was picking us apart over the middle all game. There were some drops that really killed drives so I'm not sure your QB was at fault.

From what I saw at the stadium this game was a comparison of depth. The game was close in the first half and UW pulled away in the second. Your first stringers are fine and are as advertised from what we could tell. You just don't have the depth to play up tempo on both sides. Your 1's were getting gassed and when your 2's and 3's came in they were getting burned.

You have one of the top coaches in the biz right now. Those kids will improve no doubt.

BTW, that RB of yours was a real handful most of that game. He was breaking tackles and getting extra yards all over the place.

I don't know who you guys play next, but I have a feeling that offense is going to go off and take their frustration out on them.

Good luck to you and your team going forward.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses. One team showed up, the other didn't. Great game, Huskies.

Thanks bro. You still got a good team and going to win many this year. Looking forward to booking more H & A series with ya. Always enjoy these matchups. Great NW football.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro. You still got a good team and going to win many this year. Looking forward to booking more H & A series with ya. Always enjoy these matchups. Great NW football.

You sure about that? You can only whack a bees nest so many times before you eventually get stung. Let's see how we do at smurf turf in '15 before we go making more of these lol. That's going to be a very different game.

BTW, awesome picture of the setting of tonight's game. That stadium delivered on it's promise of being one of the premiere facilities in the country to watch a college football game. Just an outstanding venue.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't gloat or pick on anything about this game.

I will say Southwick appeared to play well and really showed how much UW's LB's need to work on coverage. He was gassing those short crossing routes at will most of the first half and that first drive in the 3rd quarter. That RB was a beast as well. There were several times he should have been tackled where he pushed and got more yards. What a great rusher.

I will also say I spoke to about 20 BSU fans at the game and all of them were great. I said the same thing after the '07 game. Every fan I talked to was friendly. Had 4 bronco fans in front of us and we talked to them much of the game. They had came over from Boise for the game and said they were here in '07 as well.

A side note about those 4 in front of us. At the end of the 3rd quarter at every game they have a tribute to a husky legend. This game it was the great Mark Brunell. all 4 of them stood up and clapped for him as well. Thought that was pretty classy. Not sure most fans of other teams would do that.

I honestly wish your team the best for the rest of this season. Good luck Bronco fans. See you in your house soon.

I don't want to be the classless asshole Husky fan here, so I'll try to be real careful about how I go about this... I disagree with almost everything you posted here WizardHawk. First, Southwick was not impressive to me. Did the quarterback play well and was the coverage by the linebackers really exposed when they couldn't score a touchdown? My biggest concern is how the D line was blown off the line when the RB was a "beast." And the Boise fans I was around were just terrible. A general rule of thumb for everyone out there, if you go to the first game in the opposing team's new stadium, don't ask the home team fans in front of you to pass down "will you tell everyone in front of you to pass down to sit down? we don't want to stand the whole game." The answer will be no...

I used to like Boise State, I even defended them on the CBS message boards from time to time. Never again. I now see what all the "haters" were saying about you guys. What an unjustifiably entitled group.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to be the classless asshole Husky fan here, so I'll try to be real careful about how I go about this... I disagree with almost everything you posted here WizardHawk. First, Southwick was not impressive to me. Did the quarterback play well and was the coverage by the linebackers really exposed when they couldn't score a touchdown? My biggest concern is how the D line was blown off the line when the RB was a "beast." And the Boise fans I was around were just terrible. A general rule of thumb for everyone out there, if you go to the first game in the opposing team's new stadium, don't ask the home team fans in front of you to pass down "will you tell everyone in front of you to pass down to sit down? we don't want to stand the whole game." The answer will be no...

I used to like Boise State, I even defended them on the CBS message boards from time to time. Never again. I now see what all the "haters" were saying about you guys. What an unjustifiably entitled group.

i haven't rewatched the game on DVR yet so I can't really comment on much, but I will say questions were raised in the post game about the LB play by Damon, Sark, and Hugh so I'll go with them and what my view was. And I'm not picking on our D overall. I was simply making only the positive observations over the other team. Dumping on a fan base after your team beat them to me is totally classless and I just won't do it.

As for their fans, I'm not kidding when I say I carried on conversations with at least 20 of their fans. I wasn't in my normal seats as most of my family was the game and I gave my parents the better seats. I was in section 133 which is the last section on the North side before the bleachers (still a great view BTW even if it is behind end zone) and that section had a lot of fans in orange in it. There wasn't one annoying fan in that section at all. There were a couple that were obviously buzzed who would stand on their seats over every first down in the first half, but that's not a big deal. They weren't taunting or anything.

Sorry you had someone annoying around you, but I assure you that was the exception to the rule. In two games now with their fans I have yet to meet an asshole in the bunch.

Enjoy the win my friend and let the other stuff go. UW is 1-0 and this new offense is looking like it could really be something special this year. :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/Todd_Dybas/statuses/374053088929132544

https://twitter.com/KevinCacabelos/statuses/374039057690402816

https://twitter.com/LarsHanson247/statuses/374043574486061056

Last edited by a moderator:

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make or break year for sarkisian?

I'm not sure if he will get fired, but he will definitely be on the hotseat if this current team doesn't get to 8 or 9 wins. He can't roll out another 6-5 year, this is his 5th year and he looks to have a solid team, all his recruits. They have to challenge Oregon and Stanford for the North title.

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he will get fired, but he will definitely be on the hotseat if this current team doesn't get to 8 or 9 wins. He can't roll out another 6-5 year, this is his 5th year and he looks to have a solid team, all his recruits. They have to challenge Oregon and Stanford for the North title.

Honest question here...Say he does produce a very good year, maybe 9 or 10 wins, but non competitive in Stanford and Oregon games. Now, he probably wont get fired for a 10 win year, but as a fan base how would you guys feel about that? You win 10 games but you have 2 losses to the top of the PAC North and they are lopsided losses. Does his seat stay hot for next year or does it cool down?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first it is UO not OU....We aren't Oklahoma.

Second, you're still celebrating the win last minute win over Utah State.

No it's OU just accept it fool. No I'm done celebrating, it over, done, history unlike some Doise State fans that will carry there wins from 10 years ago in to today. But did you wtch that Clemson Georgia game that was flat out the game of the night, but sorry your ducks didn't even make the top 20 list for games of the night:laugh3:. Go Utes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Oregon pounding a team 66-3 make game of the night? Why would we want our game to be top 20 game of the night when we play a mid-major or FCS school?

So, congrats that the Utah/Utah State game was one of the top 10 games of this weekend...

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would Oregon pounding a team 66-3 make game of the night? Why would we want our game to be top 20 game of the night when we play a mid-major or FCS school?

So, congrats that the Utah/Utah State game was one of the top 10 games of this weekend...

Thanks Bro!